Search

Results
Topic: More Love
Westerngirl Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 6:05:02 AM
Beautiful sentiment, Lise. Thank you.

Rest easy this weekend, everyone. The world will take care of itself.
Enjoy your friends, family, and everyday life tasks that we are blessed to be able to carry out.

Love
Topic: More Love
Westerngirl Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 6:05:02 AM
Beautiful sentiment, Lise. Thank you.

Rest easy this weekend, everyone. The world will take care of itself.
Enjoy your friends, family, and everyday life tasks that we are blessed to be able to carry out.

Love
Topic: Please allow us to disable customization on already published products.
Westerngirl Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 5:53:00 PM
+1...because...the previous policy meant customization for a FINISHED PRODUCT that the customer purchased. The new policy, with DESIGN and COLLABORATION enables the potential for much more than just a finished physical product, and also drags copyright into question.

The game has changed, so too, has the basis for our choice.

Thank you.
Topic: Please allow us to disable customization on already published products.
Westerngirl Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 5:53:00 PM
+1...because...the previous policy meant customization for a FINISHED PRODUCT that the customer purchased. The new policy, with DESIGN and COLLABORATION enables the potential for much more than just a finished physical product, and also drags copyright into question.

The game has changed, so too, has the basis for our choice.

Thank you.
Topic: Shared Royalty Structure
Westerngirl Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:11:02 AM
PaperGrape wrote:
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
My gut reaction is holy *!

I'm thinking of all those Z designers who take images from Pixabay and slaps them on products to sell here without major alteractions. And then there is this...

If I were a digital content provider selling my design elements on places like Etsy and HungryJPG, I'd be kind of scared right now. Those sets we all use are single seat.

Imagine if you will a designer who either doesn't know any better (and who never visits the forums) uploading image files from Pixabay and design elements from a seller on Etsy into the Create tool.

I'll leave it at that.

YES. As advice to anyone who has purchased (especially inexpensively) or uses free content on Marketplace items correctly within the terms of use, or even within a "gray area" of what they state in their terms - most of those image sites and sellers still STRICTLY FORBID REDISTRIBUTING it in any form.

Putting those types of elements or images, even vaguely edited, into the Create tool like that would definitely be RESISTRIBUTING it.

Agreed. But frankly, as far as most of us can see with the info that has been given to us so far, it's a stretch to see how any designer could really benefit from adding content to the Create tool. But, if they did add any of this purchased or free stuff, thinking they would eventually earn from doing that....big mistake, IMO.

In the long run, it will probably eliminate a good deal of that content that was offered to designers for a price under those conditions.