Search

Results
Topic: Basic Twitter Question
Xzendor7 Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 4:59:40 PM
A tool that you can use to find very active hashtags is RiteTag.com

I uses it to get the most relevant tags for product post that I make.
Topic: Twitter advice please? Not making any sales
Xzendor7 Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 4:53:25 PM
You have to realize that social platforms are not selling platforms.

You need to engage your followers with content that is going to get them to go to your website or blog where they will find more content and side pitches to you products.

On test that were conducted by a team of advertisers on Twitter back in 2015 or 2016 showed that advertising conversion rates were about 0.2 to 0.3 percent; which means that for non advertisers they are going to be much lower.

In order to generate volumes of sales you are going to need a lot more followers in a specific niche or the niche needs to be tight enough and you offerings need to be very unique to get sales from a small group of people.

This doesn't mean it's not possible; because I have heard of people that drive lots of sales from their Twitter accounts.

What you may want to investigate is Twitter influencers. These are people that are very popular in a niche and for a price will post your product links to their account for a specific time.

This works better I understand on instagram since it is an image oriented site and I'm told you can negotiate for a twelve hour post $25 to $50. The trick here as with any advertising is having a product that people are hungry to buy.

Also not that what works in one platform may not work in another platform.

On Twitter when you make your post make sure to include relevant hashtags and ask you followers to retweet and comment or feedback. Hit up Pinterest with you product keywords or hashtag to see the popularity of similar items.

It takes lots research when looking to drive traffic; whether it be free or paid.

Another thing you may want to consider is setting up accounts with free sites like Wanelo, Polyvore, Fancy to post your products too. As these are social shopping sites that will directly link to your products on Zazzle and open up another potential avenue for sales, as people here are looking to but products; especial fashion products.

I myself have generated a very very small number of sales through social networks and I have thousands of followers. Most of my sales come from SEO and through third party referrals.

Though some people frown upon third party referrals as they have to pay a portion of their commission to them; I do not as it's sale that i would not have made otherwise. So let people know that if they have a blog or website or a very active following on a social network platform that they could earn commissions promoting your products to their visitors.

Topic: Share your own online store
Xzendor7 Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 4:28:13 PM
I've had this website up for years and it's gone through many changes

https://xzendor7.com - Xzendor7's Realm Of Fractal Fantasies

In it's current iteration I've coded it in CSS and PHP and it's more of a gallery that features about 400 images of my fractal art composition from portraits to sci-fi to fantasy to abstract constructions.

I then have links to the various POD platforms where people can purchase products with my designs on them.

The site is response so that it can be viewed on the desktop as well as mobile devices
Laughing
Topic: No Referal Credit for Direct Only Sale
Xzendor7 Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 4:14:32 PM
None refers to third third party sales.

For instance if you referred someone else product using your associate id, then in their back office the it would show 3rd Party.

Another example some comes to Zazzle via another associates referral link that has their associate id and they happen to come upon your shop and make a purchase.

I you back office it will appear as a 3rd Party referral and that third party will receive a 17% commission for the referral which I believe is 17% of the commission that you receive for that product.

So if the product sells for $100 and you commission is set at 10% your initial commission is $10; but since it's a 3rd party referral then 17% of your $10 or $1.70 goes the referring associate and you get $8.30 as you commission.

Now these numbers will change if it is an international order based on the current currency exchange rate. Zazzle does not fix you commission on international orders but it floats based on the exchange rate from where the purchase was made and it can go down as well as up.

Remember adding your associate id to your product link insures that you can earn referral cash if someone buys something in another shop even if they don't buy anything from you.
Topic: Zazzle competior allowing order processing on your domain
Xzendor7 Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 2:29:49 PM
Sadly search engines don't read frames, iframes or javascript. So this does not help with the search engines.

Also iframe and javascripts that load partial storefronts or processing widgets can be quite slow to load on a page in my experience and should be avoided.

From past experience with FFA, Spreadshirt and other sites this can add up to 10 seconds of page load times. First you page has to load, then the script has to contact the offsite server to load the page and the browser must then build the page in the frame.

What is required is a PHP script which tends to be much faster and that adds all the product code onto your page which search engines can scan and index.

But you need to remember that, your site is at the mercy of the sending server; if it goes down or has a lot of activity that frame may take a very long time to load or not load at all.

Even using PHP scripts like the Zazzle store builder can be problematic, due to server issues or changes made on the Zazzle site which can render the script in-operable.

That's why now I just create my art on my site, add content for it and have a drop down link that says where to purchase (I use several POD sites). If you're using just zazzle then have a link to the category for that artwork or create a list of links (more work) where the visitor can purchase your product(s).

When you do this make sure you include your associate id in the link so that you can earn referral credit if your visitor purchases something else from another store.

Also in your links make sure to include the rel="nofollow" in the link so that search engines stay on your site when they are indexing it and do not hightail it off to zazzle as they scan the links (You can get around this using a javascript link).

Here's a basic example of how your link should look:

<a href="https://www.zazzle.com/z/ypqho?rf=238342918392304306" rel="nofollow" target="zazzle_site" title="Angel Wing Sword Of Arkledious DGS Acrylic Print" /><b>Angel Wing Sword Of Arkledious DGS Acrylic Print</b></a><br />

target can be:
_new
_blank
_top
name01_name01 (like above)

<b></b>: opening and closing bold tags. You can also use <strong></strong> which now is the preferred method

<br />: is the line break if you are listing more than one active link below another.

the title: isn't necessary, but it may help with SEO depending on the search engine; it also allows the browser to display the link title (Use if you active link says Order Here, Buy Now, Claim Yours).

Generally speaking if you are getting the links directly from the Zazzle link widget on the product page this is already taken care of for you.