Search

Results
Topic: Updated Chat Functionality - official feedback thread
Red Wyvern Designs Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:23:59 PM
J32 Design wrote:
Red Wyvern Designs wrote:
Q: What if I don't want anyone to message me? I'm an introvert, don't have time for this/insert other reason here.

A:C'mon give it a try! As a community-driven site, messaging via Zazzle Chat is available and on by default for all users. While there is no opt-out functionality, again similar to other mainstream communities and marketplaces, it's certainly up to you whether you choose to respond to your messages. We, of course, highly encourage you as it can lead to greater sales and happier customers! And back to being kind, we'd really appreciate you not leaving any customers hanging Smile

Zazzle, treating your designers like this is the rudest thing you can do! Whoever was the person behind the writing of that should be ashamed of themselves.:\

And customer chat is not gonna always bring in more sales. The last 3 years I brought in a ton to now be at Bronze lvl. Yes this year many of us are seeing a dip in sales but I doubt it is because of lack of communication with customers.

Please explain why you consider this message to be rude. I am not seeing it. I am genuinely interested.

BAsically the "C'mon, give it a try"Part As to push you into using it whether you like it or not.
LeahG on pg 1 said it perfectly with many reasons on why to have an opt-out (which shows that the answer zazzle gave that I called rude can seem very offputting to us introverts, etc.:
"List of reasons why people justifiably cannot participate:

* English may not be their first language
* They may not be very proficient with the written word, slow typing
* Disabilities which make communication difficult
* Asleep when customers are awake
* Unwell, unwilling
* Untrained, unskilled, unable to deal with, field some of the questions that arise."
I personally am not a very social person. I worked in retail for 10 years total and I like being able to work part time with my zazzle shop due to I do not have to interact fully with people. ( My husband is the main worker for bills and such, while my commission is put into our nest egg for emergencies and holidays.).

Zazzles response to that question showed little to no care or concern with us designers. All they care about is pushing something at us and their words feel almost forceful. Please look at Page 1 J32 to see a few posts that talk about the response to that queston.
Red Wyvern Designs Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:23:59 PM
J32 Design wrote:
Red Wyvern Designs wrote:
Q: What if I don't want anyone to message me? I'm an introvert, don't have time for this/insert other reason here.

A:C'mon give it a try! As a community-driven site, messaging via Zazzle Chat is available and on by default for all users. While there is no opt-out functionality, again similar to other mainstream communities and marketplaces, it's certainly up to you whether you choose to respond to your messages. We, of course, highly encourage you as it can lead to greater sales and happier customers! And back to being kind, we'd really appreciate you not leaving any customers hanging Smile

Zazzle, treating your designers like this is the rudest thing you can do! Whoever was the person behind the writing of that should be ashamed of themselves.:\

And customer chat is not gonna always bring in more sales. The last 3 years I brought in a ton to now be at Bronze lvl. Yes this year many of us are seeing a dip in sales but I doubt it is because of lack of communication with customers.

Please explain why you consider this message to be rude. I am not seeing it. I am genuinely interested.

BAsically the "C'mon, give it a try"Part As to push you into using it whether you like it or not.
LeahG on pg 1 said it perfectly with many reasons on why to have an opt-out (which shows that the answer zazzle gave that I called rude can seem very offputting to us introverts, etc.:
"List of reasons why people justifiably cannot participate:

* English may not be their first language
* They may not be very proficient with the written word, slow typing
* Disabilities which make communication difficult
* Asleep when customers are awake
* Unwell, unwilling
* Untrained, unskilled, unable to deal with, field some of the questions that arise."
I personally am not a very social person. I worked in retail for 10 years total and I like being able to work part time with my zazzle shop due to I do not have to interact fully with people. ( My husband is the main worker for bills and such, while my commission is put into our nest egg for emergencies and holidays.).

Zazzles response to that question showed little to no care or concern with us designers. All they care about is pushing something at us and their words feel almost forceful. Please look at Page 1 J32 to see a few posts that talk about the response to that queston.
Red Wyvern Designs Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:32:37 PM
I will not use my real name or picture of myself, gonna keep it as my shop name and icon. No need to give my actual name/picture. That just leads to identity theft/stalking.
Red Wyvern Designs Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:32:37 PM
I will not use my real name or picture of myself, gonna keep it as my shop name and icon. No need to give my actual name/picture. That just leads to identity theft/stalking.
Red Wyvern Designs Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:18:54 PM