Search

Results
Topic: Make Product a Template
Shelli Fitzpatrick Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:22:34 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
PetsDreamlands wrote:
If I remember well, this check box on the publishing form has to be checked, if you are using template text and images and want to enable them (making the product a template product). It's not meant solely for the API functionality. In other words, if you are using templates and want them enabled, let it checked.

like for use in Quick Create for instance?

Just tested. The option "Make Product a Template" in the publishing form is to enable your template fields. If you don't check it, even if you have template fields (text or images) within your design, the personalize form will NOT appear and the product will not act as a template product. So if you have template fields within your design, you have to let that publishing option checked.

edit: nope, nothing to do with API or QC, just for enabling/disabling the product as a template product (if you have template fields).

Okay, thank you, I guess the default is the on position and I never paid the least bit of attention to it or I might have known all this before now... Idea Laughing
Topic: Search Results Dominated by Few Sellers
Shelli Fitzpatrick Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:10:40 PM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
I am not a troll. I am a designer who has been on this forum for 10 years. In my experience I’ve seen many posts of Zazzle bashing. It starts with dissatisfaction then moves to assertions of assumed facts. No one can assume Zazzle is loosing money because they have no knowledge of how Zazzle makes money.

I don’t doubt your methods of working with the search function here on Zazzle has taught you something. But despite your findings, other folks (not just Card Hunter and crew) are making good money here on Z.

The “oh I can’t get ahead on Zazzle because the deck is stacked against me” is a victim statement I wrote to sum up where this discussion is headed. I hate to break it to you but we will never get ahead in this business if we have someone else to blame.

I know from experience of what I speak. It’s a struggle for me personally not to go down the blame game avenue. I deal with it all the time. But I have found when I pick myself up, learn to create designs people want, sometimes learn new techniques, do the due diligence with meta data (I know you all use good methods) sales start to come in.

Even if you don’t want to make money off of tired invitation ideas, you can still make money here. I still make money with my original art even though I rarely add new pieces.

Truly I wish you well and success here on Zazzle. Take my advice or leave it.

Try not to let your good fortune make you insensitive to the struggles of others.

There is no one size fits all way to succeed at Zazzle and when designers see signs that Z itself might be struggling a bit it is only natural to be apprehensive about it or when they see things that could be improved regarding the company/designer relationship and they vent about it, that is not necessarily "bashing", sometimes the most valuable feedback is not the most positive.

It is easy to say "don't be a victim" or something like it when everything is going well for you.

Shelli dear you are a ray of sunshine and positivity on these forums. ((hug))

You are assuming I have made a "good fortune" from my Zazzle efforts. Though I am seeing better results from changes that I have made I am not yet rolling in the dough.

When "designers see signs that Z itself might be struggling" it is also assuming. This is exactly why I brought it up. None of us knows anything about Zazzle's finances. To assume you do is just bravado.

I'm not rubbing anything in your faces, my intentions were to just look into the mirror and ask yourselves what could you be doing differently to change your path on Z. Perhaps, just perhaps blaming the search algorithm is not the answer.

Unless maybe the algorithm has much to do with it. I can't say for sure but I have personally seen some designers really trying to improve and still just spinning their wheels or even losing ground. And vague or conflicting advice on the part of Zazzle is not helping either.

As far as Z finances go, you can get a public report on that if you want one.

Shelli Fitzpatrick Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:58:44 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
If I remember well, this check box on the publishing form has to be checked, if you are using template text and images and want to enable them (making the product a template product). It's not meant solely for the API functionality. In other words, if you are using templates and want them enabled, let it checked.

Shelli Fitzpatrick Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:58:44 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:

Topic: Search Results Dominated by Few Sellers
Shelli Fitzpatrick Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:42:54 PM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
I am not a troll. I am a designer who has been on this forum for 10 years. In my experience I’ve seen many posts of Zazzle bashing. It starts with dissatisfaction then moves to assertions of assumed facts. No one can assume Zazzle is loosing money because they have no knowledge of how Zazzle makes money.

I don’t doubt your methods of working with the search function here on Zazzle has taught you something. But despite your findings, other folks (not just Card Hunter and crew) are making good money here on Z.

The “oh I can’t get ahead on Zazzle because the deck is stacked against me” is a victim statement I wrote to sum up where this discussion is headed. I hate to break it to you but we will never get ahead in this business if we have someone else to blame.

I know from experience of what I speak. It’s a struggle for me personally not to go down the blame game avenue. I deal with it all the time. But I have found when I pick myself up, learn to create designs people want, sometimes learn new techniques, do the due diligence with meta data (I know you all use good methods) sales start to come in.

Even if you don’t want to make money off of tired invitation ideas, you can still make money here. I still make money with my original art even though I rarely add new pieces.

Truly I wish you well and success here on Zazzle. Take my advice or leave it.

Try not to let your good fortune make you insensitive to the struggles of others.

There is no one size fits all way to succeed at Zazzle and when designers see signs that Z itself might be struggling a bit it is only natural to be apprehensive about it or when they see things that could be improved regarding the company/designer relationship and they vent about it, that is not necessarily "bashing", sometimes the most valuable feedback is not the most positive.

It is easy to say "don't be a victim" or something like it when everything is going well for you.