Search

Results
Topic: Having problems with Category & Featured Products
Aquavel Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 2:39:21 PM
If you just made these, you may have to wait for them to show up. ~But you said you've had this problem before and didn't get it resolved. It maybe due to all the site changes recently made by Zazzle. If they don't show up by tomorrow, I suggest you email Zazzle. If the answer is one of those "form letters," email them again. It usually takes two emails to get a personal answer.
Topic: Anyone has problem in earning with Cafepress recently?
Aquavel Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 5:02:07 PM
ClocksShop wrote:
Thank you very much! I'm not on their site much so I don't know these things at all.
Will try and hopefully I can get more than 5% commission.

You're welcome! If you write something about yourself, your profile will be 80% and that requirement will be met. Follow someone with a description and if they are active, they will usually reciprocate. When they do so, that will solve 3 of the 5 requirements. After that, if you log in and upload an artwork, you will have completed the game and will make 10% instead of 5% for the next 3 months. That's how I read it, anyway.

Note: If you sell enough, you can make 10% or more but I forget what "enough" means. It's been a while since I've looked toward CP as a viable source of income. ~ And of course you can markup your products as much as you like in your own stores, but if customers buy from the marketplace, the royalty is 5%-10%.
Topic: Anyone has problem in earning with Cafepress recently?
Aquavel Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:33:16 PM
In order make 10% instead of 5% we have to do the following:
(I just checked their forum and they have recently added 2 more things to the list. Three weeks ago we had to do 3 things. Now it's 5. Yikes!). Anyway, do the following and you will get 10% instead of 5%.

Quote from their blog:
The factors that presently go into determining your SQS are:
* Have you logged in to CafePress in the last three months?

* Have you uploaded at least one design in the last three months?

* Have you gained a follower on CafePress.com in the last three months?

* Have you followed another designer on CafePress.com in the last three months?

* Is your designer profile at least 80 percent complete?

It's silly but I figure it's simple and I would do it, if only for the holiday season. Best of luck!
Topic: Image problems paint
Aquavel Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:33:04 PM
Re: Book of Kells
♥Tabz Jones♥ wrote:
dianegaddis wrote:
I just had zazzle pull a large number of my pieces- The images are from the BOOK OF KELLS - a 1000 year plus manuscript- I do not get it- these things are totally out of copyright- between this and all of the other changes at Z I am totally discouragedCrying

Actually, it seems that The Board of Trinity College Dublin owns copyright to the book.
http://www.bookofkells.com/terms

Gothic Toggs is absolutely right but I can certainly understand your frustration Diane. Working with vintage images can be very difficult. ~ I see that Dover has published 2 books with images from The Book of Kells (one is a coloring book) and they indicate these are public domain images. Wikipedia also lists them as such, and there are a few image postings from blogs and history sites that indicate these images are in the public domain. That said, Trinity College Library, where the actual Book of Kells is displayed, is claiming copyright.

The website for the Book of Kells (Gothic Toggs provided the link above) says, "All images in and of the Book of Kells for iPad application and images on this website are protected under copyright by The Board of Trinity College Dublin." Did you get your images from that site? ~ If anyone associated with Trinity College contacted Z citing illegal use of the images, your products would be pulled. Zazzle always errs on the side of caution.

Moments Later….
Doing an image search of the US Government Copyright Office brings up several copyrights. Check out http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?DB=local&PAGE=First

It IS frustrating. Copyrights are big business and things that were in the public domain one day are suddenly not.

Topic: Shipping
Aquavel Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:20:12 PM
Hi Emilie,

This forum is specifically for the store owners, and we don't have access to the information you need. You can contact Zazzle Sales Support at www.zazzle.com/help@ zazzle.com (no spaces) or call
1-888-8ZAZZLE (892-9953) or (408) 983-2800 Hours Mon - Fri: 6AM - 7PM PST(9AM - 10PM EST).
Emilie wrote:
...the toll free number is not in service and the waiting time on the line for the direct number is more then 20 min witch cost more then the order. I send tow e mail witch no answer to it.

I just tried the 1-888-892-9953 toll free number and it works. Give it another try and send a second email. They'll be able to help you.

Aquavel