Search

Results
Topic: way to expensive...
Parleremo Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 7:36:31 PM
Ok. Time for me to reveal the big secret.

Make gifts for holidays, mainly Christmas and Valentines day. Include lots of "I love you" designs. At least 2/3 of my sales are on those things.
Topic: Continuous hiding??
Parleremo Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 12:54:16 PM
colorwash wrote:
You have, of course, hit on the problem that Zazzle has, which is those stores with 100,000 or more products. I can't imagine someone selling even 25% of that on a regular basis.

Well, I can't really say that any of my products sell "on a regular basis". I have two that have sold a total of 6 times each. But I've sold almost 400 products in the past 2.5 years, so it isn't like my stuff doesn't sell either.

I have one item that I know will probably never sell again, but it did sell once. Do I place that ahead of a product that hasn't sold any but is a good idea that I know has the potential to sell more?

If there is a limit that we must keep under, and it is enforced across the board, then I will gladly abide by that. But is that the reason for the removals?

Parleremo Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 9:20:22 AM
As I said, I understand why they are doing it. My problem is that to do it continuously is very frustrating. Once they are yanked and we put them back, they should be marked in some way that we don't want them yanked again.

If this was being done to somehow make space in a store for new products which might sell better, there would be some logic. But this is digital.

I don't know of any other store which does this. I have a few hundred books on Amazon, and never once has Amazon "hidden" my books because they haven't sold any yet. The only thing that achieves is ensuring that the items can't be sold.

As an example, I went to order one of my products through the store front, only to find it completely gone. How many other sales have I missed because someone went looking and couldn't find what they wanted?

If we want to sort out the ones that aren't selling, we can do that ourselves, using the sort and filters. Like I said, tho, we shouldn't have to continuously fight to keep items on the shelves, so to speak.
Parleremo Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 9:18:51 AM
I understand the new mechanism of hiding products automatically which have never sold, or haven't sold in N months, but is this really going to be a continuous process? I thought it was a one shot deal to get people to possibly work on their stores and see what wasn't working.

Two months ago, I spent a week going through all the products that Zazzle had so kindly "hidden" and made them visible again, in time for Christmas. Now I see a few thousand more have been hidden, so I have to make those public again now.

Note here:
When they haven't sold and are public, they can still sell.
By making them hidden, Zazzle is just ensuring they never sell.

Why should I have to keep fighting with Zazzle just to keep my products available?
Topic: Captcha for Owners to Sign Into their own Zazzle Site
Parleremo Posted: Friday, August 19, 2016 4:07:53 AM
Not happy.

I often monitor my sales from a kindle, and now to do so I have to play a game with tiny pictures. Just one more thing to frustrate me.