Search

Results
Topic: How do you deal with Discontinued Product Option?
KreaturShop Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 3:23:34 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
KreaturShop wrote:
Thanks! I did not know I can adjust styles without re-create.

Still a bit confused though, some products give o info, and some says "sold out" although the bold line says "discontinued product options". Outlet Cover gives no options at all when I want to edit.

Some wallets seem to accept editing though, will just wait a few days to see if the bold note goes away.

So you are just looking at the product page? Have you tried looking at the Discontinued Section in the Product Visibility dropdown on the backend? There you will see products that are actually discontinued and you will be given options. If you click the dropdown, and see Edit, that means only a model/style/etc has been discontinued and you can edit to an available option. If the product has been discontinued, you won't see an edit option, so you can delete the product. Of course the transfer option is available so you can transfer to another product before deleting. None of this is the same as SOLD OUT.

Backend product page, just above the products is this line:

▼ Statistics: 11 selected | Product Visibility: All

Click on Visibility and the filter section will open up

I only work from the backend, using that section.

Thanks for the Discontinued section hint. I missed that. I edit style from the backend product listing, but it turns out the "Edit" is still in the menu for some products that are disconnected, such as the Outlet Cover.

I recall I've deleted stuff in the past where the only menu option was Delete (and one more, I think, but no Edit).

Now off to search for postage stamps. They too have "Discontinued product option" and I recall some changes to them making it less likely to sell any - hm... must each and evry purchase be approved? Might just as well delete them, too... did you delete stamps?
KreaturShop Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 3:23:34 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
KreaturShop wrote:

Still a bit confused though, some products give o info, and some says "sold out" although the bold line says "discontinued product options". Outlet Cover gives no options at all when I want to edit.

Some wallets seem to accept editing though, will just wait a few days to see if the bold note goes away.

So you are just looking at the product page? Have you tried looking at the Discontinued Section in the Product Visibility dropdown on the backend? There you will see products that are actually discontinued and you will be given options. If you click the dropdown, and see Edit, that means only a model/style/etc has been discontinued and you can edit to an available option. If the product has been discontinued, you won't see an edit option, so you can delete the product. Of course the transfer option is available so you can transfer to another product before deleting. None of this is the same as SOLD OUT.

Backend product page, just above the products is this line:

▼ Statistics: 11 selected | Product Visibility: All

Click on Visibility and the filter section will open up

I only work from the backend, using that section.

Thanks for the Discontinued section hint. I missed that. I edit style from the backend product listing, but it turns out the "Edit" is still in the menu for some products that are disconnected, such as the Outlet Cover.

I recall I've deleted stuff in the past where the only menu option was Delete (and one more, I think, but no Edit).

Now off to search for postage stamps. They too have "Discontinued product option" and I recall some changes to them making it less likely to sell any - hm... must each and evry purchase be approved? Might just as well delete them, too... did you delete stamps?
KreaturShop Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 3:18:18 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
KreaturShop wrote:
Outlet Cover gives no options at all when I want to edit.

The Outlet Cover is completely discontinued, so there aren't any alternative options that you can choose for it.

I kinda suspected that, as the change style section is empty. But the note in my listing still says "discontinued product option" and for my outlet covers the "edit" is still there in the menu. Must be a glitch. I'll go ahead deleting them all Smile Thanks! Smile
KreaturShop Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 3:18:18 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
KreaturShop wrote:
Outlet Cover gives no options at all when I want to edit.

The Outlet Cover is completely discontinued, so there aren't any alternative options that you can choose for it.

I kinda suspected that, as the change style section is empty. But the note in my listing still says "discontinued product option" and for my outlet covers the "edit" is still there in the menu. Must be a glitch. I'll go ahead deleting them all Smile Thanks! Smile
KreaturShop Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 6:02:08 AM