Search

Results
Topic: "Gardening" for search term is a disaster - Suggestion
Digitalbcon Wainman Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 12:30:02 PM
Scott wrote:
Just a friendly reminder that vast majority of customers include a product type with their search, so "gardening mug" or "gardening poster" or similar.

Designers, on the other hand, tend to do vague searches (like "gardening") and then spend the next 30 minutes flipping through page after page after page of results, perhaps looking for their own products or for ideas for new products.

If wouldn't surprise me if our search functionality was optimized to work for customers (which is how most users use a search engine). Designers, especially the ones who are interested in spending time on a POD's own discussion forum, are probably advanced users and are using the tools differently than they're designed.

This is very interesting. As other designers here on Zazzle (as noted in their queries and comments) I too am a customer on other shopping sites, like Walmart, Amazon etc. and I bring my shopping skills to Zazzle based on my experience elsewhere and I don't find anything similar here in my search to my search on these other shopping sites...but perhaps your reference to "the vast majority of shoppers" must be a different community of shoppers who don't shop at these other places?
Scott wrote:
Just a friendly reminder that vast majority of customers include a product type with their search, so "gardening mug" or "gardening poster" or similar.

Designers, on the other hand, tend to do vague searches (like "gardening") and then spend the next 30 minutes flipping through page after page after page of results, perhaps looking for their own products or for ideas for new products.

If wouldn't surprise me if our search functionality was optimized to work for customers (which is how most users use a search engine). Designers, especially the ones who are interested in spending time on a POD's own discussion forum, are probably advanced users and are using the tools differently than they're designed.

This is very interesting. As other designers here on Zazzle (as noted in their queries and comments) I too am a customer on other shopping sites, like Walmart, Amazon etc. and I bring my shopping skills to Zazzle based on my experience elsewhere and I don't find anything similar here in my search to my search on these other shopping sites...but perhaps your reference to "the vast majority of shoppers" must be a different community of shoppers who don't shop at these other places?
Scott wrote:

Topic: Negative Consequences vs. Positive Actions
Digitalbcon Wainman Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 3:24:19 PM
Renee Monica wrote:
Amen to all of the above posts. Zazzle is dangling "holiday sales" as the carrot to accept all of this and forces designers to choose between eating "dirt and rocks" as RoyK said.

Yep, you got that right...disgusting if you ask me but they do this every year...but this one was the "coup de grace"
Topic: Negative Consequences vs. Positive Actions
Digitalbcon Wainman Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 3:24:19 PM
Renee Monica wrote:
Amen to all of the above posts. Zazzle is dangling "holiday sales" as the carrot to accept all of this and forces designers to choose between eating "dirt and rocks" as RoyK said.

Yep, you got that right...disgusting if you ask me but they do this every year...but this one was the "coup de grace"