Search

Results
Topic: important news: advanced skinning and other store updates
MasterpieceCafe Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:36:53 PM
Now I'm back to confused ... how will people know what the category is about if the description is gone? And I thought google liked text?

Or do you mean descriptions are just gone from the store front?
MasterpieceCafe Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 2:16:56 PM
THANKS E! No quotes, just shouting this time. xd

Sounds like things for us non techies will look very similar. I easily have over 1k categories ... wonder how long that will take me? xd

Lots of margaritas maz, lots! xd

MasterpieceCafe Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 1:56:20 PM
ematson wrote:
MasterpieceCafe wrote:
ematson wrote:
MasterpieceCafe wrote:
I have store categories ... lots of store categories! Am I suppose to create a picture for each category? Does it have to be square? Or can I use any picture but the result will be in a square space?

at the moment, all of the category images conform to a square layout. you can upload a non-square and we'll display it correctly.

-e.

Ok, so if I go to "all categories" I need to make sure every folder has an image?

And if it's not a square it will just get cropped so the final is square?

Uh oh, I have a lot of categories!! xd

maybe you and maz can create a category support group. Smile you can always turn them off to start.

images will get a 'fill' if they're not sized properly.

-e.

So if they are turned off (which I believe is my current setting) will we just have a blank storefront with only sidebar navigation? Or still products showing?

I'm bringing margaritas to the support group maz!! xd xd
MasterpieceCafe Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 1:40:27 PM
ematson wrote:
MasterpieceCafe wrote:
I have store categories ... lots of store categories! Am I suppose to create a picture for each category? Does it have to be square? Or can I use any picture but the result will be in a square space?

at the moment, all of the category images conform to a square layout. you can upload a non-square and we'll display it correctly.

-e.

Ok, so if I go to "all categories" I need to make sure every folder has an image?

And if it's not a square it will just get cropped so the final is square?

Uh oh, I have a lot of categories!! xd
MasterpieceCafe Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:37:01 PM