Search

Results
Topic: Updated Chat Functionality - official feedback thread
reflections06 Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:53:35 PM
vivendulies wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Quote:
I don't understand

And the fact that you don't understand is the place to stop.


Not really. It may also interpreted, that (s)he truly didn't know what I was talking about and needed clarification. So a valid statement and though not accompanied by a request for clarification there might well have been subtext between the lines requesting just that. I can choose to think of nice intentions even if they weren't there.


Thanks for the benefit of the doubt. You are correct about what it was I didn't understand, and I do appreciate you taking the time to explain. Tough crowd here in the feedback forum and clearly, not all opinions/thoughts are welcome. Good to know.
Topic: Updated Chat Functionality - official feedback thread
reflections06 Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:46:45 PM
vivendulies wrote:
reflections06 wrote:
vivendulies wrote:


Because sometimes a labor fight has casualties. Happy
How else can the designer community make it clear that there is a limit. And while it is correct that there s potential but there is just enough potential that you end up doing customer support for 10cents/hour because the overall effort to income is off already by adding designs that vanish unseen in the long tail and get hidden 15 months later.

Not a small portion of designer work on hope that this will change and one day they don't just have a nice hobby on zazzle that pays a little pocket money now and then.

There is a difference working on hope in a field you love and working on hope in a field you're ill suited or simply don't particularly care for.
m(_ _)m
My humble opinion.


I have no idea what any of that means. I don't mind one bit taking seconds to answer a simple question. Where I come from, it's just common courtesy (not to mention, good business).


To publish the baby bodysuit took lets say 10 to 20 minutes, the design itself give it an hour or two and it hasn't sold once on any of the product which you spent a day to publish. That is working on hope, that it might sell some time in the future.

Now the clear and present zazzle support question comes in. You do not have the answer to that question, so you need to research. You spent clearly more than seconds in the research alone. Telling the customer sorry wrong address ask zazzle support is almost as bad as ignoring this customer.

Before it took some considerable effort to ask any question any designer so those questions where rare. With the bubble icon this is no longer the case and all questions land frequently in the chat at the wrong address.

Ergo! The need to set boundaries, labeled by me as labor fight as to who does what.


Thank you for taking the time to explain what you meant.

Yes, years ago when these questions started coming in, I did take the time (searched the site, asked questions, read the forums to see how others handled it, etc.) to learn how to quickly and efficiently answer these kinds of questions.

I disagree that telling the customer "sorry wrong address" is almost as bad as just ignoring them. They're taking time out of their day to ask ME questions about a product featuring MY design. Questions about sizing (had one today, in fact), shipping, colors, etc., on a product they're interested in, featuring MY design. Technically, this is potentially MY customer, so if I can better assist them in making the purchase, yeah, I'm going to do it. At the end of the day, that's MY customer, shopping on zazzle for MY design.

I don't know if the chat bubble feature will make such questions more common, as they're already common for me, and always have been. Zazzle has tried to make it a real effort to reach the designer (several drop down options directing them to CS before they ever see the "contact the designer" option) so if it happens more, it's not really at the fault of zazzle.

That said, I really DO think they should enable an opt-out.
Topic: Updated Chat Functionality - official feedback thread
reflections06 Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:30:11 PM
ZingerBug wrote:
reflections06 wrote:

I get questions like this all the time, and the simplest answer is "the best way to get an accurate estimate is to place the product in your cart, and choose your shipping options" That's it. It takes seconds, and the customer is satisfied with a clear answer.


It takes seconds if you know the answer like you did. I wouldn't have had any idea how to find out what shipping costs would be, and it probably would have taken me at least half an hour to figure it out - so depending on my schedule it could take me a day or more to get back to them. I would have referred them to customer service, and I'm sure that would have made them feel like they were getting the run around. I continue to think that all inquiries should go to Zazzle first and be passed on to the designer only if it's appropriate. I don't say that because I'm unwilling to be helpful, it's because that's the best way to ensure that the customer's needs get met in a timely manner.


It takes seconds because I took the time to figure out how to quickly, accurately and efficiently answer a question for a potential customer. There have been questions customers asked that I didn't know the answer to and I have told them, kindly, that was a question better suited for zazzle CS, and then I give them a direct link there.

Interestingly enough, I have had numerous customers contact me and tell me they had a design question and zazzle's CS told them they'd have to contact me directly. So, I know for a fact this works both ways - both designers and zazzle employees directing customers to the right person for the most accurate answer. It all works out in the end.
Topic: Updated Chat Functionality - official feedback thread
reflections06 Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:36:35 AM
vivendulies wrote:


Because sometimes a labor fight has casualties. Happy
How else can the designer community make it clear that there is a limit. And while it is correct that there s potential but there is just enough potential that you end up doing customer support for 10cents/hour because the overall effort to income is off already by adding designs that vanish unseen in the long tail and get hidden 15 months later.

Not a small portion of designer work on hope that this will change and one day they don't just have a nice hobby on zazzle that pays a little pocket money now and then.

There is a difference working on hope in a field you love and working on hope in a field you're ill suited or simply don't particularly care for.
m(_ _)m
My humble opinion.


I have no idea what any of that means. I don't mind one bit taking seconds to answer a simple question. Where I come from, it's just common courtesy (not to mention, good business).
Topic: Updated Chat Functionality - official feedback thread
reflections06 Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:04:36 AM
WittyBetty wrote:
I just got a message from a customer who asks how long it will take to deliver a baby beanie to the UK. To make it clear, I have no idea and have no intentions to find out. So I am going to just ignore this message and feel bad for the customer. All those who took their time to answer a non design related question, are heroes. I am not.

Zazzle, please give us an opt out or Offline sign. I promise you, I am going to ignore all questions that are not design questions.


I don't understand why you'd ignore a potential customer like this, who has the ability to either send more business your way with kind words about how helpful you were, or place a rather ugly mark on your professional rep by telling people they were ignored when they asked you a question.

I get questions like this all the time, and the simplest answer is "the best way to get an accurate estimate is to place the product in your cart, and choose your shipping options" That's it. It takes seconds, and the customer is satisfied with a clear answer.

I mean yeah, we're not customer service but a wee little kind response goes a very long way.