Zazzle / Facebook import
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2018 11:05:00 PM
Hi,

could not get any meaningful answer to my support Query .0740000003167 on that, so I try to take this a bit more public:

I am currently preparing to add products to my shop. I am planning to promote it through a Facebook page

I want to use facebooks Shop-Tab functionality to create dynamic paid ads.

For this, facebook offers a product catalog import. Afaik Zazzle does not have any shop export function exporting to a format supported by facebook import.

However, I have the programming skills to write a converter from Zazzle RSS export to FB import. Technically I could solve anything here myself (basically I already did, code is complete).

3 questions remain yet to be answered:

1) Does Zazzle allow me to use the photo link included in Zazzle RSS in a Facebook import?
A) for my own designs
B) for designs of other designers I put into a collection in my shop
https://www.zazzle.com/sell/affiliates/promotionaltools/rss says it is ok to use it in "my website or blog" - same for FB pages?

2) Do you have any experience with Facebook allowing/disallowing Zazzle ref-Code in product URLs in a page product catalog? I know the "Branded Content Tool" for single posts ("wordclouddesignart feeling pumped with Zazzle", but there is no similar tool I know about in product catalog.

3) How is Zazzles take on me offering such a converting service to other designers? Do you allow this? Could I offers this service for free, in exchange for putting my ref-Code in some of the product links instead of his/her own (i. e. the other designer uses it on his Facebook page, and if there is a purchase, I get referal, she/he gets her/his designer royalty)

and since I now moved these questions over here, I add a forth one:

4) Would you, as a designer, be interested in such a converter enabling you to automate product catalog import from Zazzle to FB?
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 3:38:50 PM
Hi Burt,

Thank you for reaching out.

My name is Elizabeth and I lead the affiliate programs at Zazzle. Please find my responses to your questions below.

1) Does Zazzle allow me to use the photo link included in Zazzle RSS in a Facebook import?
A) for my own designs
B) for designs of other designers I put into a collection in my shop
https://www.zazzle.com/sell/affiliates/promotionaltools/rss says it is ok to use it in "my website or blog" - same for FB pages?

Yes, we do allow you to promote Zazzle products, your own and other people's designs, on your Facebook. You can use the photo link as long as that photo links back to that particular product.

2) Do you have any experience with Facebook allowing/disallowing Zazzle ref-Code in product URLs in a page product catalog? I know the "Branded Content Tool" for single posts ("wordclouddesignart feeling pumped with Zazzle", but there is no similar tool I know about in product catalog.

We have not had any issues with sharing affiliate links/links with RF codes on Facebook that I am aware of. Many of our Designers have Facebook pages for their Zazzle stores where they promote their designs.

3) How is Zazzles take on me offering such a converting service to other designers? Do you allow this? Could I offers this service for free, in exchange for putting my ref-Code in some of the product links instead of his/her own (i. e. the other designer uses it on his Facebook page, and if there is a purchase, I get referal, she/he gets her/his designer royalty)

You can create a service and offer it to other Designers. However, as it will be a third party tool, we cannot endorse it. It sounds interesting though! I hope you get some feedback from our Designers/Associates soon.

Have a great day!

Best,
Elizabeth P.
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 11:28:07 AM
Hi Elisabeth,

thank You very much for your elaborate (and positive) answers.

And btw thank You for TONS of valuable information in your blog articles.

Enjoy the weekend!

Burt

Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 2:37:24 PM
You're welcome and have a wonderful weekend!