Where do you share?
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 4:54:22 PM
I feel like the number of platforms to share Zazzle products at is shrinking... Pinterest of course is still there and seems more than set to stay, but G+ is disappearing, Wanelo went away some time ago and I haven't seen anything new come along to replace them, at least not with a direct share button available here...

If anyone has other places they like to post that they'd be willing to let the rest of us in on, I'd love to hear about it.
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 6:32:02 PM
Invincible Penguin wrote:
I feel like the number of platforms to share Zazzle products at is shrinking... Pinterest of course is still there and seems more than set to stay, but G+ is disappearing, Wanelo went away some time ago and I haven't seen anything new come along to replace them, at least not with a direct share button available here...

If anyone has other places they like to post that they'd be willing to let the rest of us in on, I'd love to hear about it.

Twitter and Pinterest are what I decided to focus on after finding I don't like Facebook and they are taking G+ away...

Some people still share on Tumblr but I never had any success there.
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 7:49:08 PM
Facebook, but posts there no longer show up in followers' newsfeeds unless they make the effort to interact with the page on a regular basis. Basically, Facebook wants you to buy ads to reach more people.

Twitter, but collection images won't show there at the moment.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 7:27:14 AM
I do Twitter too and my website (not a store website, a regular one and I use zazzle to complement the articles). I also have a separate blog that is just for zazzle stuff, but I don't think that one does to much--except help keep me organized. Happy
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 3:25:31 PM
I am sharing my designs on Facebook and twitter. So far I have just over 50 likes and followers on my Facebook page, I have been at it for just over a month so I'm not sure if this is good or not. Lot's of people follow me on twitter but sometimes people just want you to retweet their posts. I have 50 followers on there as well. So in a month I've obtained 100 followers so far for my brand which I think is pretty good. Smile

I have Pinterest boards on my personal Pinterest where I am pinning my favorite Zazzle designers and shops and other boards where I am pinning the cool and cute stuff I find on Zazzle but I don't think anyone sees my pins. Sad

I am unsure if I should make a Pinterest account for my brand or not or if I should try to do a blog or something with the Youtube.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 4:36:51 PM
My twitter account was from a time where I was still an active blogger with a completely different focal point and I always felt bad to through my followers my new interest in their face. So I reduced my sharing to twitter so it wouldn't be overwhelming to the point that I usually completely forget to to share to twitter.

I stopped sharing on tumblr 2017 and since zazzle removed the tumblr share button I'm fairly certain that zazzle didn't see the benefits either, so my guess tumblr is not worth the effort.

I started an instagram account, but my activities are sporadic at best.

I had best intentions for youTube and the channel is not yet entirely scrubbed I still intend to start a channel with regular releases.

My website has been out of commission for months now. I just recently started to actively rebuild a site, but since I haven't done any webdesign in years, my knowledge is outdated and rusty. So for the time being I'm collecting the material and learn the basics of current webdesign. So that is a few months out before my website once again becomes a hub for my PoD creations.

I started blogspot.com and wordpress.com weblogs but I'm not happy with either, so those are not actually active, but if you are looking for some easy to set up weblog sites, booth are fairly good options. With blogspot my biggest peeve is that the zazzle logo comes before the product image so when I use the mail to blog function I have to manually edit the post so the product image is in the preview and not the zazzle logo. And I didn't get the mail to blogpost on wordpress.com to work, though I didn't put much effort into it to solve the problem.

I have a page on facebook but in all the hysteria about GDPR and FBs data grabbing ways that cause trouble for Germans, combined with FBs systematic efforts to keep their users in their hamster wheel to spent as much time as possible on their site, I actively deleted most of my pages and reduced my activities on facebook to the bar minimum. I don't even open facebook on a regular basis any more. Every once in while I do share to my FB page and I suppose I should share to the groups, but since FB is doing their best to not show my stuff unless I hop in their hamster wheel and do their bidding, FB is not worth the effort. FB is all or nothing and I decided on nothing more or less.

Since I have referral income from my pinterest, I keep it up to some extend with my boards and share my work and work of others there. Mostly without tracking codes. After all I don't have any trouble to keep track since it is more or less down to one at this point.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 9:47:30 PM
Anxious_Art wrote:
I am sharing my designs on Facebook and twitter. So far I have just over 50 likes and followers on my Facebook page, I have been at it for just over a month so I'm not sure if this is good or not. Lot's of people follow me on twitter but sometimes people just want you to retweet their posts. I have 50 followers on there as well. So in a month I've obtained 100 followers so far for my brand which I think is pretty good. Smile

I have Pinterest boards on my personal Pinterest where I am pinning my favorite Zazzle designers and shops and other boards where I am pinning the cool and cute stuff I find on Zazzle but I don't think anyone sees my pins. Sad

I am unsure if I should make a Pinterest account for my brand or not or if I should try to do a blog or something with the Youtube.

The real promotional power of Twitter is in the retweet.

if you retweet for them they most often will retweet for you and it helps to have a tweet pinned to the top of your profile to make that easy for them.

every retweet you get gets your product in front of their followers, people you can't reach on your own. That is why Tweeters are all about the Retweet.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 10:04:07 PM
I trust a good hashtag combination and repeat tweeting more than the retweet. At least with a hashtag those who get to see it were actually looking for something with that hashtag.
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 11:59:26 AM
I use Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. I'm starting to like Instagram now that I'm getting used to it. I still use Facebook since I already have a page set up there.
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 1:19:29 PM
I also use Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. I have gotten a few sales from my business FB page. I am not sure about the others social media pages though.

I just slowly keep plugging away and hope for the best.
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:09:39 PM
vivendulies wrote:
I trust a good hashtag combination and repeat tweeting more than the retweet. At least with a hashtag those who get to see it were actually looking for something with that hashtag.

Yes, but when is the last time you looked for something by a hashtag on Twitter? I rarely do it and am willing to bet that most don't, but we do scroll through our feeds interacting with our Twitter community and we see what they retweet all the time. I have been known to click through on an interesting retweet to get a better look.

Also usually when you do search a hashtag you only see the most recent or most popular tweets and older ones are quickly buried under all the new ones. Pretty soon they start looking like Instagram hashtags with so many thousands of images and who wants to scroll through all that?
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:08:28 PM
🌼Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
vivendulies wrote:

Yes, but when is the last time you looked for something by a hashtag on Twitter? I rarely do it and am willing to bet that most don't, but we do scroll through our feeds interacting with our Twitter community and we see what they retweet all the time. I have been known to click through on an interesting retweet to get a better look.

Also usually when you do search a hashtag you only see the most recent or most popular tweets and older ones are quickly buried under all the new ones. Pretty soon they start looking like Instagram hashtags with so many thousands of images and who wants to scroll through all that?

I do it. But I rarely go looking for goods or designs on twitter, which is why I gave twitter a low priority. I know how little I cared for the products of others in my FB time line. I did the occasional courtesy like but beyond that I couldn't care less.

I do know that my best retweets came from hashtags on twitter, like my mute pacifier that was retweeted by several pregnancy related and young mother groups.

I know that on occasions our own habits and believes are the worst enemy when it comes to marketing decisions. So my dislike for courtesy likes and retweets may play into my behavior and I may be utterly wrong. However a lead that comes with an initial interest in the subject is ten times more worth than a lead who couldn't care less.
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:38:13 PM
You may be right... I am still laughing about the mute pacifier! I made one that says “ not fair!” Hasn’t sold yet though. Laughing
Posted: Monday, April 1, 2019 12:23:13 PM
This is really painful topic for me, since I dislike all social media Grin

Did anybody tried a new things - MeWe? Looks kinda stupid, and no way to share a link with a picture from Zazzle. People on G+ were discussing moving there.

And what about LinkedIn? People from FAA sharing there I heard very successfully.
Posted: Monday, April 1, 2019 7:19:20 PM
I dislike social media, so no Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

I've been trying to make good use of Pinterest and Zazzle Collections.
I have a Google blogspot that I like and I keep Z banners and a Collection on the sidebar. I do have a Creative Fridays post where I often feature a recent Zazzle creation, but overall, it's a lifestyle blog with like recipes, garden photos and so on (http://choice-morsels.blogspot.com)

I moved all my G+ to MeWe and you can easily share Z products there. I've done so several times since the move. You click the post space and then just copy/paste the Z product code in and it pops right up with a thumbnail. (there's also an icon bar that appears for photos, videos, gifs, files not unlike G+ had) Mewe is a little like Facebook, but no ads.

I've been researching business web builders recently by reading the pros and cons on popular ones (and some have definite cons), considering one that I could maybe start free to try out that might have good useful features I think might be helpful.
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:23:16 AM
I've only used Pinterest so far, plus a tiny bit on Twitter and almost nothing so far on Facebook (in fact, I just appeared here on the Zazzle forum to find out how to share collections and products on FB. Does it share to our personal FB profile timeline? Or can we share to a FB business page?)

Anyway, a quick google search unearthed a few ideas, but you'll need a couple of matchsticks to keep your eyelids forced open; and a metric tonne of coffee, and maybe a hammockful of chocolate ... there's rather a lot of these social media networks to set up accounts on:

https://makeawebsitehub.com/social-media-sites/
http://dobookmarking.com/social-media-sharing-top-100-networking-sites/

That's about 160 sites. Probably best to get your own blog set up, and send traffic from those social sites to your blog. Then blog to Zazzle with your referral-id - the old "funnel" approach. Best to do your own due diligence on each of the social networks, as some/many might not be appropriate to your niche.

I'm setting up my blog offline at the moment, but the idea is to funnel traffic on my site to a single Resources page, which will have my various Zazzle stores (and other affiliate stuff as necessary). It avoids the need to plaster affiliate links on every page of the blog - and so avoids Google over-optimization penalties. (Plus better user experience for readers.)
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:27:42 AM
DesignKernel wrote:
Does it share to our personal FB profile timeline? Or can we share to a FB business page?)

Mine seems to default to my personal timeline, so I have to make sure to choose my business page instead.
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:12:37 AM
Felosarix wrote:
DesignKernel wrote:
Does it share to our personal FB profile timeline? Or can we share to a FB business page?)

Mine seems to default to my personal timeline, so I have to make sure to choose my business page instead.

Ah, right. Thanks. I did have a quick go earlier but an empty box popped up when I clicked the Share on Facebook button. Don't think it shared anywhere. I might just do it manually and add to my FB biz page, just to make sure.

Cheers!
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 10:26:45 AM
DesignKernel wrote:
Felosarix wrote:
DesignKernel wrote:

Ah, right. Thanks. I did have a quick go earlier but an empty box popped up when I clicked the Share on Facebook button. Don't think it shared anywhere. I might just do it manually and add to my FB biz page, just to make sure.

Cheers!

I've found that I sometimes have to make a first attempt, and if I see no picture in the preview, cancel. Then immediately try again, and it will show in the preview. Only then have I been able to successfully post.