Weebly 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:01:21 AM
In light of the VB changes I am branching out into other promotional outlets. I created a free website with weebly yesterday. Figured it was the easiest quickest first step i could take. For anyone that is not terribly tech savvy I must reccomend Weebly! It was a wicked easy drag and drop format. Not sure what it will do for me but its another place out there on the web with refferal links to my products and it only took me a couple hours to piece together.

Not sure what their rules are on multiple free websites but i'll be looking into that today. There are endless subjects and product lines that could be promoted with a website that is that darn easy to build.

http://kaleenaraedesigns.weebly.com/ (still a work in progress, not sure what else i'd like to add)
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:39:56 AM
Thank You for sharing helpfull info. Someone posted earlier link to another site:
http://nezie.com/
It also may be worth tryingSmile

If You mannage to earn some referrals, please provide us with further informationsSmile
Good luck with this!
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:47:50 AM
Kaleena wrote:
Not sure what their rules are on multiple free websites but i'll be looking into that today.


Looks great! A while back weebly decided to offer up to 10 sites on the free accounts so you will have quite a bit to work with. I made a tutorial on How to add Zazzle products to weebly. I see you have already figured that part out. About midway down the tutorial deals with adding nofollow to the links. This is good to do when you have a lot of affiliate links which we do when promoting our products. If not then google may see the sites as spam.

Blessings on your promotions. You are on a great start already Smile
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:37:32 PM
tjustleft wrote:
Kaleena wrote:
Not sure what their rules are on multiple free websites but i'll be looking into that today.


Looks great! A while back weebly decided to offer up to 10 sites on the free accounts so you will have quite a bit to work with. I made a tutorial on How to add Zazzle products to weebly. I see you have already figured that part out. About midway down the tutorial deals with adding nofollow to the links. This is good to do when you have a lot of affiliate links which we do when promoting our products. If not then google may see the sites as spam.

Blessings on your promotions. You are on a great start already Smile


Major thanks for that tip and including your link for others that look into weebly.
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 6:18:07 PM
Looking great kaleena! I've actually just started one as well and is still in progress too. Weebly seems to be a great site so far and is really easy to use. Hoping it helps bring in lots more traffic for all of us that are giving it a shot! Smile

http://origamiprints.weebly.com/
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:01:02 PM
Kaleena wrote:
Major thanks for that tip and including your link for others that look into weebly.


You are quite welcome. Even with the drag and drop interface weebly can be confusing.
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:56:05 PM
Weebly now allows 10 free websites.
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 9:08:29 AM
Wooo! Just forwarded my weebly to my domain. It's official! origamiprints.com is now open for business! I definitely recommend Weebly to anyone who is not very savvy with web design. It's so user friendly!
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 9:24:02 AM
Thanks for info. Your site looks really nice - simple and elegant Smile
I need to try this out. Did You mannaged to earn some referrals so far ?
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 10:19:38 AM
Przemyslaw Brodka wrote:
Thanks for info. Your site looks really nice - simple and elegant Smile
I need to try this out. Did You mannaged to earn some referrals so far ?


Thanks, not yet though. Haven't gotten around to promoting the website itself much yet. Did a little pinning from the website itself so far.
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 1:53:55 PM
I did the same, purchased domain names and created the sites using Weebly. My official sites are Baby Shower Themes and one for Birthday Invitations

Easy to use and update! I have showcased other Zazzler's products as well as my own. Hope it helps!
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 8:44:06 AM
Hi, I'm pretty new to Zazzle and am trying out my first shop with a few amateur designs. Read about using other sites and social media to help promote my page. So I have just created a page on Weebly (though I started with Wix). But I seem to have problems creating the referral link properly, be it to Zazzle home page or my own page www.zazzle.com/212degree. The image does not seem to appear. Please help.

Thanks!
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 8:50:01 AM
212Degree wrote:
But I seem to have problems creating the referral link properly, be it to Zazzle home page or my own page www.zazzle.com/212degree. The image does not seem to appear

Can you give a little more info?...what do you mean by "The image does not seem to appear" for instance.

Steve.
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 10:47:10 AM
Here's my shop: http://victoryangeldesigns.weebly.com/

And here's the site for my Zazzle Cashmob http://cashmobforzazzle.weebly.com/
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:04:09 AM
Steve Crompton wrote:
212Degree wrote:
But I seem to have problems creating the referral link properly, be it to Zazzle home page or my own page www.zazzle.com/212degree. The image does not seem to appear

Can you give a little more info?...what do you mean by "The image does not seem to appear" for instance.

Steve.



Hi Steve,
Thanks for your respond. I have 2 situations.

Situation 1.
When I link it to Zazzle home page, I followed the instructions from link building (http://www.zazzle.com/my/associate/homepagelink). Based on the instructions, I will need to download a Zazzle image for it to appear on my weebly site. But upon downloading the porvided image and pasting in the html given, what appeared on my weebly was the actual page instead of the downloaded image.


Situation 2.
When I tried to link it to my own Zazzle store at 212Degre, all that appeared was a link with the words "212Degree". So how do i insert my store logo?

I'm trying very hard to explain my situation and I hope I did not confuse you. I would have pasted printscreen of my situation here if i could figure out how to.

Thanks!
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:53:02 AM
@212Degree,

Weebly works a little different than many places, and what I would do is use linked images on Weebly;

Drag an image box onto your page, this opens a dialogue where you can upload an image. Once your image is on the page, click on it and then in the Pop-up click on 'Link' and enter the address with your referral code attached (http://www.zazzle.com/212degree?rf=XXXXXXXXXXXX for your store).

To get the Zazzle banner image you can download it from Zazzle by right-clicking on your chosen banner and selecting 'Save image as...', download it to your computer and then upload it to Weebly. Your own logo is a bit more straightforward as you already have that.

When you create the links in Weebly I would recommend selecting the 'Open link in new window' option as you're linking to a separate website from your own.

hope this helps,

Steve.
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:38:04 PM
I use Webs.com and paid to have it my domain name. It's $50/year for the registration. It uses Sitebuilder, as most of these websites do. Designing is fairly simple. I can never settle for the design as it comes. I like to change the background and maybe a few other things. I have a page for my shops and I used flash panels. The images can be slow to show up. That's the one disadvantage. www.mariancates.com

Marian

Wow, it's really sluggish today. It's not always this slow.
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:14:47 AM
Steve Crompton wrote:
@212Degree,

Weebly works a little different than many places, and what I would do is use linked images on Weebly;

Drag an image box onto your page, this opens a dialogue where you can upload an image. Once your image is on the page, click on it and then in the Pop-up click on 'Link' and enter the address with your referral code attached (http://www.zazzle.com/212degree?rf=XXXXXXXXXXXX for your store).

To get the Zazzle banner image you can download it from Zazzle by right-clicking on your chosen banner and selecting 'Save image as...', download it to your computer and then upload it to Weebly. Your own logo is a bit more straightforward as you already have that.

When you create the links in Weebly I would recommend selecting the 'Open link in new window' option as you're linking to a separate website from your own.

hope this helps,

Steve.


Hi Steve,
Thanks so much for your advice. My weebly page is now up at http://212degree.weebly.com/

I have another question. Each time I try to link my images to the overall category with my associate number, it gets directed to my main page instead of the specific category. It only gets directed to the category page if i remove my associate number. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks!
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:06:40 AM
212Degree wrote:
Each time I try to link my images to the overall category with my associate number, it gets directed to my main page instead of the specific category. It only gets directed to the category page if i remove my associate number. Is there a solution to this?

Yes, there's a solution, here's one of your current links;
http://www.zazzle.com/212degree/gifts?cg=196022660753268065?rf=238678098174622507
You can only have one question mark in each link, after that question mark you must use an ampersand, here's the corrected link;
http://www.zazzle.com/212degree/gifts?cg=196022660753268065&rf=238678098174622507

Steve.
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 11:22:53 PM
Steve Crompton wrote:
212Degree wrote:
Each time I try to link my images to the overall category with my associate number, it gets directed to my main page instead of the specific category. It only gets directed to the category page if i remove my associate number. Is there a solution to this?

Yes, there's a solution, here's one of your current links;
http://www.zazzle.com/212degree/gifts?cg=196022660753268065?rf=238678098174622507
You can only have one question mark in each link, after that question mark you must use an ampersand, here's the corrected link;
http://www.zazzle.com/212degree/gifts?cg=196022660753268065&rf=238678098174622507

Steve.


Hi Steve,
Thanks so much! Will change that!
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:44:52 AM
@212Degree,

Glad to help!
Also you can add a tracking code to your links so that if any result in a referred sale the code will tell you where the referral came from, here's what to add;
&tc=mysite ('mysite' can be whatever you like)

Steve.
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 3:42:56 PM
Marian Cates wrote:
I use Webs.com and paid to have it my domain name. It's $50/year for the registration.


$50 for registration?! You can register a domain at Namecheap for under $12 or less and point it to a free weebly site. Here's a tutorial showing how to do it: http://www.easysite.personalizedbyu.com/domain-setup.html
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 12:14:47 PM
Hi, I have just set up a weebly site. I have been adding pictures using the zazzle html code, rather than up loading a picture and adding the links. It has been a much simpler process than I ever imagined.

I resized the pictures (by changing the numbers in the code as explained here, http://www.easysite.personalizedbyu.com/adding-zazzle-products.html ) from 325 to 290 so they fit nicely in 3 columns. That link suggests 225 but that is too small for weheartit.

I made up the murals for the homepage on polyvore.

Here is my link www.piedaydesigns.weebly.com

The only thing so far that has me puzzled is how to add more than one product from the same page of my weebly site to wanelo. The first one is easy, add the url and add product details, but when you try to add another from the same page it says, snap this has already been added. Is it possible to open my links in individual windows on weebly to work around this?

Thanks, I hope that made sense.

Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2014 9:59:06 AM
When you are making a new link or want to change an existing link in weebly, there is a checkbox option if you want the link to open in a new window.
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:43:25 PM
I purchased a domain for my weebly. I went with one of the new domains. It appear that pinterest see this as an invalid url. So I can't pin from my website and I can't pin from zazzle, then change the link either. I hope pinterest fix this soon, I guess they will as these domains gain popularity.

www.tiki.graphics
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 9:55:00 PM
It's driving me batty that I can't pin from my site. I have emailed pinterest but they are not going to reply. I wish I knew for sure the that problem was with pinterest and new top level domains and I wish I knew when it would be resolved.
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 12:52:02 PM
mailboxdisco wrote:
It's driving me batty that I can't pin from my site. I have emailed pinterest but they are not going to reply. I wish I knew for sure the that problem was with pinterest and new top level domains and I wish I knew when it would be resolved.


When pinterest refers to top level domains it has to do with verifying your site with your pinterest account. I am using weebly free. It still lets me pin from it but I won't be able to connect it to pinterest. With weebly free and paid you can use the pin it bookmark and also add pin it buttons. On this site http://patrioticgifts.weebly.com/ I have added floating Share This buttons which include pinterest.
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 1:08:50 PM
My weebly worked fine for pinning when it was a free weebly site. It is since I changed to .graphics that is stopped working.

For example I just put the pinit button on this page. When you use it, it says "invalid url"

I think Pinterest may not have updated their servers to the new dns

I hope that is the case as that means it will come right eventually. But I don't know for sure and that is the frustrating part.
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 1:15:40 PM
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:39:07 PM
If you used weebly's free subdomain for your site before, it still should work, so you can just pin from the subdomain.

Tip for anyone who is thinking of getting a domain, always go for a .com
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded