Trying a new Pinterest Pin style 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:04:19 PM
Alright, so this is the new pin I created. It is a .gif image. It seems to work properly when the pin is opened or if it is opened in a direct link. But when I look at the board it is posted to, it does not "move." There is a little oval with .gif in the top left corner. But no animation,

So I would assume that if it showed up in someones feed, it would not be animated. Frustrating.

Anyone have any advice on creating animated pins?

Many thanks.
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:23:34 PM
PacifierCity wrote:

Many thanks.

Haven't read the whole thread to know what you've tried, but I think Carousels and Videos animate automatically.

Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:49:18 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
PacifierCity wrote:

Many thanks.

Haven't read the whole thread to know what you've tried, but I think Carousels and Videos animate automatically.

Videos might, IDK, but carousels do not. At least not the ones I have created. I hoped a .gif would, but it only does when you click to see the pin, from what I can tell.

I guess it could be helpful for me to know if anyone is making video pins and what program/s they use. Any free ones out there? Or at least 30 day free trials or similar...

Thanks
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 6:31:04 PM
PacifierCity wrote:
I guess it could be helpful for me to know if anyone is making video pins and what program/s they use. Any free ones out there? Or at least 30 day free trials or similar...

Thanks

PhotoShop does videos, and I think Gimp (free) does too. If the GIF was created with PS, would be easy to convert to a video format.
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 7:35:20 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
PacifierCity wrote:

Thanks

PhotoShop does videos, and I think Gimp (free) does too. If the GIF was created with PS, would be easy to convert to a video format.

Thanks once again. I'll check Gimp out. I'm not successful enough yet to go for PS. But I'm getting there, one sale at a time...lol

Smile
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:55:36 AM
PacifierCity wrote:
Thanks once again. I'll check Gimp out. I'm not successful enough yet to go for PS. But I'm getting there, one sale at a time...lol

Smile

You're welcome! I'm sure there are other simpler programs that do videos and are free. The reason I mention the likes of PS and Gimp is that, if we use either for our graphic designs, then it seems to me it's easiest to just use the same program for videos.
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:04:45 AM
I'm really looking for something that will animate a few simple graphics... maybe something like the old flash program.

In the last pin I linked, the stars on the side appear, one by one, with the final scene having "comment to vote" appearing at the bottom. It then repeats. I don't know that I want the repeating part but I like things "moving" or "appearing."

I have seen a few very nice pins that "play" in my feed. But I don't believe they are "video" pins. They can't be .gif pins... I'm just not sure what they are.

Hence my frustration in trying to create one...