third party curiosity
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 12:36:54 PM
Hello all....
I have had some reasonable success as we near Christmas with selling plenty of cards alongside a few other gift/items.
But, when I take a look at the stats I see that alot of 3rd party category.


This has got me curious as to what that means.... I must confess I don't place any links or share my images I just put them on zazzle and that's that.


So what does this 3rd party mean? and how to I find out who they are? as the vast majority of my sales seem to come this way.... To be honest in the last month or so my cards sales are in the hundreds.... it has got my attention...…..Any advice would be great!



Cheers
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 12:47:37 PM
A third party is anyone who on one way or another promotes your product, be it on their web site, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, a blog, and so forth. They are paid a small percentage out of your royalty for promoting you. Zazzle also considers itself a third party, and if something such as a promotional email garners you a sale, they take the aforementioned percentage from your royalty.
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 1:25:55 PM
Arh I see.... thank you for that.

Do you know of anyway to find out who the third party is?
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 2:03:36 PM
jonkoi wrote:
Arh I see.... thank you for that.

Do you know of anyway to find out who the third party is?

The only way I know of, and it's never worked for me, is to run a search using a search engine for the title you've given your product. No, it's actually worked for me once: I found someone who'd stolen my design. Sad
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 2:55:15 PM
jonkoi wrote:
Arh I see.... thank you for that.

Do you know of anyway to find out who the third party is?


There is no reason to know who the 3rd party is. It is a privacy issue.
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 5:25:51 PM
Colorwash wrote:
A third party is anyone who on one way or another promotes your product, be it on their web site, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, a blog, and so forth. They are paid a small percentage out of your royalty for promoting you. Zazzle also considers itself a third party, and if something such as a promotional email garners you a sale, they take the aforementioned percentage from your royalty.


Sometimes 3rd Party is Indirect, meaning promoter didn't post link to *your* product but to another. So....Promoter posts a link that brings a customer in but the customer purchases something else instead or even along with.

RGebbiePhoto wrote:
jonkoi wrote:
Arh I see.... thank you for that.

Do you know of anyway to find out who the third party is?


There is no reason to know who the 3rd party is. It is a privacy issue.


This. We are not obligated to inform anyone if we promote them and so we shouldn't be trying to track that info down.
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 2:36:51 AM
I’ve also had quite a bit of success with 3rd party sales in the last 2 months. I understand the privacy policy, but it would be nice to know who promoted so I could thank them personally. It means so much to me.

The original poster may have been asking for the same reason.
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 8:53:38 AM
SK DesignWorks wrote:
I’ve also had quite a bit of success with 3rd party sales in the last 2 months. I understand the privacy policy, but it would be nice to know who promoted so I could thank them personally. It means so much to me.

The original poster may have been asking for the same reason.


THIS is why.

Could you imagine doing a flurry of promotion, then having to wade through hundreds of "Thank you for promoting my product" emails? Do you think it would stop there? And for the designer, say you got a huge flurry of 3rd party sales on phone cases. You'd want to inform that person every time you did more, so they could scoop you up again, right? Or a "I saw you picked up THIS design, but did you see the other one that I made to go along with it?" Or "I saw you promoted that pacifier, I have an entire line of other products that match that!"

The amount of useless emails back and forth would be astounding.

Nope, keep it private. Trust me, when I make an Affiliate Sale, I always appreciate the designer that made that item. OPP is the most lucrative way to work here. *OPP-Other People's Products*

Believe me, they appreciate you as much as you appreciate them Grin
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:33:18 AM
RGebbiePhoto wrote:
SK DesignWorks wrote:
I’ve also had quite a bit of success with 3rd party sales in the last 2 months. I understand the privacy policy, but it would be nice to know who promoted so I could thank them personally. It means so much to me.

The original poster may have been asking for the same reason.


THIS is why.

Could you imagine doing a flurry of promotion, then having to wade through hundreds of "Thank you for promoting my product" emails? Do you think it would stop there? And for the designer, say you got a huge flurry of 3rd party sales on phone cases. You'd want to inform that person every time you did more, so they could scoop you up again, right? Or a "I saw you picked up THIS design, but did you see the other one that I made to go along with it?" Or "I saw you promoted that pacifier, I have an entire line of other products that match that!"

The amount of useless emails back and forth would be astounding.

Nope, keep it private. Trust me, when I make an Affiliate Sale, I always appreciate the designer that made that item. OPP is the most lucrative way to work here. *OPP-Other People's Products*

Believe me, they appreciate you as much as you appreciate them Grin


This Again! I do not want to be contacted in any way, shape, or form to be thanked, etc, nor would I even want to be called in the forum to be given thanks. That would definitely stop me from promoting. I prefer the general non-identifiable "thanks", such as I have seen in another forum. The person promoting may not see that thread, but at least you will feel good just by saying "Thanks".
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded