Sales Dramatically Decreasing Every Year 4 pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:03:44 PM
Nice! You have done well in your niche.

Do you have help managing all your stores?
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:35:41 PM
JB Designs wrote:
Nice! You have done well in your niche.

Do you have help managing all your stores?

Nope. I do it all myself! Though I would definitely be open to getting some help with my zazzle shops. I want to get my numbers back to where they were before.
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:20:05 AM
Since I'm a photographer, I do have to say that I use quick create with my own templates a lot but I also mix in individual creations. I for the life of me can't get past rank 4 and the quick create could be why. As I mentioned before, up until this year, I've done fairly good with sales doing that. The funny thing is this year I've actually been doing more individual creating instead of quick create and the sales are going down. I was hoping that would help.

I did some different experiences for a few months just to see what happened.
I found if I do a few quick creates one week then my sales are more than the week I created individual products. Not sure why but seems to be what's happening with my store. So I went back to doing more quick create (however I use my own templates and adjust products as needed for each photo).
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:08:24 AM
Jennifer White wrote:
Since I'm a photographer, I do have to say that I use quick create with my own templates a lot but I also mix in individual creations. I for the life of me can't get past rank 4 and the quick create could be why. As I mentioned before, up until this year, I've done fairly good with sales doing that. The funny thing is this year I've actually been doing more individual creating instead of quick create and the sales are going down. I was hoping that would help.

I found if I do a few quick creates one week then my sales are more than the week I created individual products. Not sure why but seems to be what's happening with my store. So I went back to doing more quick create (however I use my own templates and adjust products as needed for each photo).

I think the thing to watch out for with quick create (aside from design placement) is the duplicate metadata. If you can keep it as unique as possible for each product page that seems to help boost the zRank a bit.

I have been working on this in my store where I had a lot of copy and paste data (titles tags and descriptions) and after a few weeks of improvements I saw my rank go from 4 to 5... of course I am not sure how much increased sales had to do with it either.

Actually we have no helpful information regarding zRank to guide us as to what we can really do that would improve it, and with so many people reporting the changes actually backfiring and making it go down instead of up, it seems wise not to do anything too drastic.
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:52:04 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Jennifer White wrote:

I think the thing to watch out for with quick create (aside from design placement) is the duplicate metadata. If you can keep it as unique as possible for each product page that seems to help boost the zRank a bit.

I have been working on this in my store where I had a lot of copy and paste data (titles tags and descriptions) and after a few weeks of improvements I saw my rank go from 4 to 5... of course I am not sure how much increased sales had to do with it either.

Actually we have no helpful information regarding zRank to guide us as to what we can really do that would improve it, and with so many people reporting the changes actually backfiring and making it go down instead of up, it seems wise not to do anything too drastic.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'm afraid to make any big changes, because I saw a huge drop when I started updating tags and making some changes to products.
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:24:52 PM
Matt wrote:
waterart wrote:
Matt wrote:
JB Designs wrote:
Hey Matt,

Curious... as a gold seller you have made over $100,000's here. Have you done as well at any other POD site?

Definitely yes. Luckily I was smart enough not to keep all my eggs in the zazzle basket.

Unlike zazzle, the more work I put into the other POD sites, the more I profit down the road. Zazzle used to be like that too, but now I'm beginning to give up on them. My time and effort isn't paying off here anymore.

Would you mind saying what other PODs? I'm also on Cafepress, Redbubble and Imagekind and sales there have totally tanked. Zazzle is the only POD I'm earning the most with and sales are getting less, I worry that it's doing to go down to practically nothing like on the other PODs

From most profitable to least:

Redbubble
Merch by Amazon
Spreadshirt
Etsy/Printful
Teepubluc
DesignByHumans
Society 6

I never heard of Imagekind. I'll check them out.

I'm on some of the others and just looked at Merch by Amazon. Why do they want your bank info when you're only asking to be invited? That's seems scary to me.
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:28:40 PM
Jennifer White wrote:

I'm on some of the others and just looked at Merch by Amazon. Why do they want your bank info when you're only asking to be invited? That's seems scary to me.

That would be enough for me to say no thank you!
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:39:01 PM
Jennifer White wrote:

I agree. It made me stop. Most POD's are set up through paypal. In today's world it's really scary to give out bank info.
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:42:46 PM
Jennifer White wrote:

Yeah me too Shelli. I don't trust Amazon one bit!
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2019 12:33:50 AM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
Jennifer White wrote:

I got the invitation a year ago and am doing very well on Amazon, so I am very happy that I gave them my bank account :-)
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2019 8:51:37 AM
yoursparklingshop wrote:
Jennifer White wrote:

I got the invitation a year ago and am doing very well on Amazon, so I am very happy that I gave them my bank account :-)

Awesome for you. Smile
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2019 12:32:03 PM
yoursparklingshop wrote:
Jennifer White wrote:

That is good to hear! Congrats on your success and here's to more of it!
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2019 1:22:07 PM
@ LM Gildersleeve & Shelli Fitzpatrick

Thank You :-) when I first heard about Amazon Merch I thought to myself, I don't make the same mistake by waiting almost 10 years before jumping in the boat, as I did with Zazzle because I didn't think I was good enough, so even though I was nervous I signed up for that invitation. I just wanted to let you know that Amazon is reliable when it comes to paying out, so giving them your bank account doesn't have to be a reason to worry if you want to spread your wings.Love
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2019 6:40:40 PM
How do you get an invitation?
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2019 7:55:57 PM
waterart wrote:

Amazon has a button to request one. Looks like it's tee shirts only.
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2019 8:01:02 PM
Invincible Penguin wrote:
waterart wrote:

Amazon has a button to request one. Looks like it's tee shirts only.

I'm on Merch.

It's various tees, tanks, hoodies, sweaters, long sleeves and popsockets. In US, UK and DE markets.
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:12:07 AM
I went for the first time to search in zazzle I found sorry to say it but average type tops with a bit of a logo so I pressed the box for a female all over print top-one came up-yes just one and it was dull grey and black something is not right-I have spent a lot of time on designs and wondered where the heck are any designs that are not more or less the same coming up high in the search ratings so who is not doing their job to present what zazzle has to offer regarding designers or is it just a print factory as in hoping people will print their own stuff and the rest is just a bonus.
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:32:06 AM
Theresa Archer wrote:
...so who is not doing their job to present what zazzle has to offer regarding designers or is it just a print factory as in hoping people will print their own stuff and the rest is just a bonus.

Not sure the answer to that. When I first started on Z they had not so many products to design. Their market wasn't the paper products they are so focused on today.

T-shirts and mugs were the top sellers. They both were featured very well and folks came here to buy them. But now, t-shirts are not so prominent like so many other products Z has to juggle the promotions to see them.

There is just too much stuff...
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:01:56 PM
Theresa Archer wrote:
or is it just a print factory as in hoping people will print their own stuff and the rest is just a bonus.

They are emphasizing 'do it yourself' more and more.

Apart from that, I think it's more a place for designer/promoters. You can add your art/design to many different products, but don't expect Zazzle to help you sell it. They seem to be focused on one demographic (millennial women) and one niche (wedding-related products). Even at that, if you aren't already a consistent seller, getting seen in their marketplace is not easy.
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2019 2:04:59 PM
Hi, Does anyone have something to say about Zazzle Canada main page Today's Pick ?

I have notice they always have CBC radio broadcasting logo shirts as a poplar item. and everyday during more than a year, maybe more, that page hasn't been change , ever, always promoting same company logo on a t-shirt??

I don't know how any good designs, (and I'm not considering mine) will have a chance; there are tons of great designs thats deserve been promoted on the Today's pick section and I don't see it happening.

any thoughts or opinion?
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2019 2:11:03 PM
Naokko wrote:
Hi, Does anyone have something to say about Zazzle Canada main page Today's Pick ?

I have notice they always have CBC radio broadcasting logo shirts as a poplar item. and everyday during more than a year, maybe more, that page hasn't been change , ever, always promoting same company logo on a t-shirt??

I don't know how any good designs, (and I'm not considering mine) will have a chance; there are tons of great designs thats deserve been promoted on the Today's pick section and I don't see it happening.

any thoughts or opinion?

If shoppers are like me they probably land on the .com domain more than any other... not that that excuses the Canada page not being updated but I really wonder how many land there as opposed to the .com ?
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2019 3:48:33 PM
I wonder and I hope they do land in .com good point! ;-)
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2019 3:55:45 PM
Naokko wrote:
I wonder and I hope they do land in .com good point! ;-)

This is just a personal observation but I really think Z is shorthanded right now and if that is true it explains a lot. Happy
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 4:00:28 AM
oh imagine! that will explain a lot! lol
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:20:18 PM
Theresa Archer wrote:
...so who is not doing their job to present what zazzle has to offer regarding designers or is it just a print factory as in hoping people will print their own stuff and the rest is just a bonus.

Not sure the answer to that. When I first started on Z they had not so many products to design. Their market wasn't the paper products they are so focused on today.

T-shirts and mugs were the top sellers. They both were featured very well and folks came here to buy them. But now, t-shirts are not so prominent like so many other products Z has to juggle the promotions to see them.

Well that would explain a lot.

Most of my products are t-shirts, posters and mugs, and I made a killing with them.
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 1:40:54 PM
Matt wrote:
Theresa Archer wrote:

Well that would explain a lot.

Most of my products are t-shirts, posters and mugs, and I made a killing with them.

Yeah, same here. those sales have dwindled. But I'm afraid to get too into invitations. I used to make a ton of money before other people came along and made better designs than me (mine were generic quick-create products, so I totally understand this). But the thing is, I've experienced an increasing number of customers who only buy 1 invitation instead of 50 or 100. I'm assuming that they are just printing them off at home or something. So I don't know if it's worth it to get into paper products.

Also, Amazon Merch is useless to me. They keep rejecting my designs for trademark infringement, but I have no clue what part of my design/title/description is infringing on anything.
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 11:17:57 PM
birthdaygifts wrote:

Yeah, same here. those sales have dwindled. But I'm afraid to get too into invitations. I used to make a ton of money before other people came along and made better designs than me (mine were generic quick-create products, so I totally understand this). But the thing is, I've experienced an increasing number of customers who only buy 1 invitation instead of 50 or 100. I'm assuming that they are just printing them off at home or something. So I don't know if it's worth it to get into paper products.

Also, Amazon Merch is useless to me. They keep rejecting my designs for trademark infringement, but I have no clue what part of my design/title/description is infringing on anything.

I'm on the same boat. I first started Zazzle as a T-Shirt Shop, and sold T-Shirts, mugs, and totes well, but these products don't sell as much as before. So, I decided to try paper products.
I have recently started making invitations, and uploaded a couple of invitations for a seasonal party two months ago, and it sold in bulk in the next month. It took me a long time to make the first invitation though.
I'm shifting to paper products gradually while I keep working on T-Shirts as well. I have a plan to make invitations and photo cards for life events in the next year. I'm too busy to start making this year.