Sales Dramatically Decreasing Every Year 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:32:04 AM
Still only one store showing, might be a conflict of interest if any of your products have a R rating, or you dont have the store pinned. Clicking on your icon (upper left side), a drop down menu will show, a gray or blue thumb tac will show, you want them to be blue to have them showing home page.
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 1:03:52 PM
I set my two main stores back to public. You can now see them in my profile.

However, I'm not sure what difference it will make. My stores have been private since I started selling on zazzle. Why would this affect my sales in the past 2-3 years?
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 8:16:52 PM
Hi Susannah or anyone else here,

I was advised that if my commission was above 15% or above, affiliates were less likely to promote my products. I was told that somehow they can search out those of us who are below 15%. That is why I am at 14.9% Do you know if this is true?
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 2:46:22 PM
Ted Raynor wrote:

I was advised that if my commission was above 15% or above, affiliates were less likely to promote my products. I was told that somehow they can search out those of us who are below 15%. That is why I am at 14.9% Do you know if this is true?

This was not the case for me My royalty rates were always at 30% and more. Perhaps it is the case now? it certainly wasn't an issue for me before. It never stopped affiliates either.
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:15:34 PM
Ted Raynor wrote:

I have never heard anything like that. I guess that they can see by the prices of your products approximately what your royalty is set to but I don't know why that would matter to them... they still get 15% no matter what.

but just because I haven't heard of it doesn't mean it isn't true...

ETA: trying to think like an affiliate here, maybe it would matter to them to keep the prices consistent on a website so there are not wild fluctuations in price on similar items.

Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:55:50 PM
Thank you for your replies Matt and Shelli! Then I guess that begs the question; is my commission too low?
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 9:55:02 PM
I can’t answer that for you. I depends on what you are comfortable with. 14.9 is the threshold before Zazzle charges a 5% transaction fee but if your designs will bear higher prices it might be worth it to you. I tried 20% for a while but had a slow down in sales so I came back to 14.9 which seems to be a sweet spot for my personal sales and I’m good with the earnings I get. Test it out to see, the worst that can happen is nothing and you come back to where you were. Good luck.
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:25:52 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I can’t answer that for you. I depends on what you are comfortable with. 14.9 is the threshold before Zazzle charges a 5% transaction fee but if your designs will bear higher prices it might be worth it to you. I tried 20% for a while but had a slow down in sales so I came back to 14.9 which seems to be a sweet spot for my personal sales and I’m good with the earnings I get. Test it out to see, the worst that can happen is nothing and you come back to where you were. Good luck.

So you set your royalty the same regardless of product? Just the same across the board?
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 12:25:27 AM
TerriKJones wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

So you set your royalty the same regardless of product? Just the same across the board?

I do now, I used to have different ones for different products but once the design transfer was put in place I decided to go with across the board royalty and got rid of all my Zazzle heart products that are capped at 5%.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:56:04 AM
Royalty strategies seem like a "your mileage may vary" situation. I set my royalties inversely proportionate to the base price of an item. In other words, 30% doesn't seem to be a deterrent on items that have a low base price. I suspect it could become one on items with a higher base price for some people.

So the question becomes, do I set it high anyway and make more on a low volume of sales for that item, or set it lower and hope to make more by selling more at the reduced royalty? I have a lot of doubts about 'making up the difference based on volume', but have decided to set aside that skepticism for now. I figure it can't be more of a disaster than anything else I've tried.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:45:44 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

"I figure it can't be more of a disaster than anything else I've tried."

Fuzzy, I hear that and couldn't agree with you more.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:07:19 PM
For royalty rates, when I started, I would set them based on how reasonable I thought the final product price would be. Would I pay $3.00 for a 1" button? $3.50? $4.00? etc. Now that I am able to start making new products again, I have been looking in the marketplace at same products and setting my royalty so that the final price is competitive with what else is out there. Also, I have one product that keeps selling, much to my surprise, that is a very low-profit item. It's royalty has been at only 9.7% (because that made a final cost I thought was reasonable) but I recently changed it to raise the cost by all of $0.25 LOL. I don't think that change will go into effect until next month, but I'm going to keep an eye on it and if it keeps selling, I will probably keep gradually increasing the royalty.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:10:59 PM
I have almost 18,000 products now. It won't be practical for me to do anything but set a rate all across the board. But since I get so many cheapskates that just buy one postcard, and I get something like 14 cents, I should put a 100% royalty on them!
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2019 6:05:48 AM
My question is this. I have noticed that the search pages only go to number 17 and then they stop. Realistically there would be thousands of pages of products on a common search result. So why can we only search to page 17? Even Ebay has a "jump to page" format where you can put in page 128 and jump there. How does anyone find out products if they can only search to page 17? I have some products up for a couple of years with 0 views and many with low views. Thanks, Steve
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2019 9:36:35 AM
Photohistoryguy wrote:
My question is this. I have noticed that the search pages only go to number 17 and then they stop. Realistically there would be thousands of pages of products on a common search result. So why can we only search to page 17? Even Ebay has a "jump to page" format where you can put in page 128 and jump there. How does anyone find out products if they can only search to page 17? I have some products up for a couple of years with 0 views and many with low views. Thanks, Steve

I don't have the answer to why Z does this but I can tell it it is one of my biggest gripes about search! A page jump option would be great!

They say nobody scrolls that much past the first few pages but I beg to differ... I do if I haven't found what I am looking for yet and I know I can't be the only one.
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:16:20 AM
I have the same problem. And pretty much anything new I make seems to go straight in to a black hole. I can't find it when I search the marketplace and the only views are my own. I spend time on titles, tags and descriptions but nothing seems to help. It is quite discouraging actually. If new products can't be found of course they will never sell. At the same time it seems the same people keep ranking well with lots and lots of products Sad