RSS Feeds and/or IFTTT problem?
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:30:48 AM
Is anyone having problems with IFTTT applets using Zazzle RSS Feeds suddenly not working? (Yes, @HightonRidley, I'm asking you... lol)

For RSS to Pinterest and RSS to Tumblr, mine stopped yesterday morning, one ran last night, and now they're throwing errors - "No details available."
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 8:18:05 AM
All's well with mine - last one was pinned 10 mins ago.
I'm sure you checked the feeds themselves still had content so maybe the Z feed mechanism is being worked on and that's causing the glitchiness?
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 8:52:18 AM
Yes, checked the feeds, and they're good. It's only my Z applets. Pulling Products in Collections, and those same Collection Feeds are good on my own sites. Hmmm...

Thanks for taking time to pop in! Can cross off IFTTT as culprit, for now. May try to revoke/re-authenticate anyway.
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 9:09:46 AM
Just a thought - an "edge case"
All mine are pulled from Z and then pass through an Atom conversion in my scheduler.

If you want to test and rule that out, set up a quick Nifty Schedule: http://www.kdl.to/nifty-slideshows.html - chuck in your rf id and collections/collectionid into the right places then Option 2, Make a nIFTTTy Share Scheduler
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:22:27 AM
Thank for the tip, Highton (it's Mark, right?)! I was just coming back here to say that I figured it out.

- I created a new applet with a Collection Feed I know is working (double-checked it).
- IFTTT "check now" = no errors.
- Added a new item to the Collection, which should ping IFTTT once the Collection is updated/reindexed/machinated by Z.
- That usually is a couple of minutes - 15 max.
- That Collection is still showing my original number of items, some 30 or 45 minutes or more later.

So I checked a few Collections in an Incognito browser window, and none of my updates since yesterday are showing, PLUS many of the Collections (the entire Collection) that I updated in the last 24 hours aren't appearing in Search, when I'm logged out. It's like they've vanished into the Land of Indexing.

So not only are my Collections not updating as quickly as they used to - https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/products_vanished_from_collections?m=1523811#1523811 says 1-2 days now (I've never seen it take that long)?? - but the some Feeds are appearing as BROKEN during the update (some are fine). That's a problem.

I can only work around so many things... Back to hmmm...
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:44:55 AM
Yes, it's Mark and you're welcome Smile

As for collections and indexing, I'm just starting to notice a delay akin to the most recent "bad old days". A collection created yesterday hasn't yet got any products according to Z's feed.

Weirdness is also happening on newly added products. I've had more recently added products appear in Z feeds, while some, made a few hours before, haven't yet.

Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:08:33 AM
Me too. When I posted that my site feeds were fine, I had checked several pages with Collection Feeds that had been updated in the last 24 hours, and they were fine.

Looking at more of my site pages, I'm seeing random fatal errors for Collections which were updated.

Looking at my total Collections logged out, 56 are missing. Half a dozen are private, so 50 are broken.

I'm pretty sure I need go find some Valium before I post anything else on this topic.

Thanks, Mark.