Refer a friend program
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 9:17:01 AM
Eventhough I've been on Zazzle for a long time, I never knew about this program, so I thought I'ld post it here in case other's don't know it as well. Maybe nice for the holiday season :-)

https://refer.zazzlereferral.com/help_center

Edit: I just read the terms & conditions, it's only for legal residents of the United States of America and you have to be at least thirteen (13) years old to participate in the Program.

full terms & conditions
https://www.zazzle.com/lp/malpcms?id=ReferAFriendProgramTerms
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 9:19:06 AM
Funcards wrote:
Eventhough I've been on Zazzle for a long time, I never knew about this program

I could be wrong, but I understand this to be a new thing.
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 9:33:41 AM
I am also pretty sure it is a new thing.
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 9:34:41 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:

Ah that would explain why I never heard of it Laughing
I did a forum search and I saw some old threads about " refer a friend program" so that's why I assumed it was something old. I did't read them though, so they might be about a different thing.
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 9:38:56 AM
Funcards wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Funcards wrote:
Eventhough I've been on Zazzle for a long time, I never knew about this program

Ah that would explain why I never heard of it Laughing
I did a forum search and I saw some old threads about " refer a friend program" so that's why I assumed it was something old. I did't read them though, so they might be about a different thing.

Those are probably from people wanting to know if they earned a referral for getting people to open up stores.
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 9:58:10 AM
It doesn’t say if these people have to be brand new to Zazzle?
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 10:04:13 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
It doesn’t say if these people have to be brand new to Zazzle?

I don't think so, it just says they have to click your link.
They shouldn't have placed an order on the Site within the previous twenty-four (24) months" though.

Here's some more info, there's also a link to the full terms and conditions on that page
https://help.zazzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039439433-Zazzle-Refer-a-Friend-Program-

Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 10:10:58 AM
Brand-new to me too. I read some of the info on it, and one thing jumped out at me: It's for U.S. residents only.
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 10:18:13 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Brand-new to me too. I read some of the info on it, and one thing jumped out at me: It's for U.S. residents only.

That jumped out at me too, too bad, that will exclude many zazzlers
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 10:26:23 AM
I know some folks are more on the blogging side of things than pinterest/twitter/fb, if you have a decent amount of readers from the US it might work out well for them. Especially if you write about your journey of being on here, others might be inspired to give it a try for themselves.
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 11:17:52 AM
Thanks Funcards!
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 12:54:42 PM
Nicole wrote:
I know some folks are more on the blogging side of things than pinterest/twitter/fb, if you have a decent amount of readers from the US it might work out well for them. Especially if you write about your journey of being on here, others might be inspired to give it a try for themselves.

that's a really good idea!
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 12:55:10 PM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Thanks Funcards!

You're welcome Roses
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 3:52:07 PM
Hi everyone,

Just confirming that this is a brand new program! Feel free to post any questions here and I'll respond to them in a timely manner.

We hope to see you join.

Happy Holidays!
Best,
Elizabeth P.
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 4:09:01 PM
Nicole wrote:

Since this appears to only relate to purchases, I don't think a Zazzle journey would make a difference. Least not for me since I don't consider making purchases a journey. If something about the program has changed since I last posted, please point me to it.
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 7:13:04 PM
Interesting.
I followed & read the links then copied my "custom URL".
Pasted it first into my every-day browser where I was signed into Zazzle and got what I think was the zazzle coupon page with a large overlay on it that informed me Sorry, you are not eligible for this program or some such.
Then I pasted it into an alternate browser with clean cookies and not logged into Zazzle and got this: Screenshot

Couple thoughts:
1) The text at the bottom that says "The Referrer Reward will be distributed after your order ships":
To those who are posting the link and therefore know what that means (they'll get a $25 discount code if someone uses the link to make a qualifying order) it makes sense but to all the random social media et al users who click the link that's going to be confusing. Their "reward" for clicking the link and ordering something is the stated discount on their order. Mentioning a reward that will be distributed after their order ships makes it sound like they will get something else in addition to the discount, or that they'll pay full price and then get credited for the difference later. I don't know. From a shopper's point of view it seems like extraneous "information" they needn't bother worrying about as it doesn't apply to them at all. It only applies to the person posting the link. Maybe that text has to be there in the interest of transparency? but regular affiliate links don't carry a disclaimer that hey, I'm getting 15% of your order amount if you use this link ...
Unless the person posting the link explains the program when posting it, this text seems unnecessary & confusing to the prospective buyer.

2) I imagine that the 60% off holiday cards part will change to match whatever the current season/holiday/sale is over time, but that the 20% off sitewide probably would not and 20% off isn't much of an incentive as the recurring weekly sales usually offer an array of products anywhere from 30-60% off. Plus anyone can get 20% off now (not much more than the standard everyday 15% off) simply by visiting Zazzle and getting the popup to submit their email addy.

As a designer/affiliate I can see using this link only if 1) the big main discount offered was on something I think my target would jump on and 2) if I didn't have to explain the "reward distribution" text to everyone.

Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 2:07:24 PM
@Nicole - I agree that for bloggers it could work really well to write about the shopping experience on Zazzle e.g. creating custom holiday cards or purchasing a gift for someone else or even doing a roundup of your favorite products. But you can also do shorter blurbs on social e.g. ‘I design holiday cards on Zazzle! Check them out too and get 60% off and I get something too!’ We already have pre-populated copy when you use the share buttons on the Refer-a-Friend page, but you can always update it to anything you’d like.

@Col's Creations - Thank you for the great feedback.

1) Thank you for pointing this out. We will look into updating the language.

2) We may be trying out different promotions in the future, but so far we’ve seen good results with the current promotion.

Regarding the reason why you received an 'You are not eligible' message when you clicked the link the first time is because the system recognizes that you are referring yourself and self-referrals are not allowed within the Refer-a-Friend Program.

Thank you again everyone for the interest and the feedback.

Best,
Elizabeth P.
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 3:04:08 PM
Elizabeth P. wrote:
But you can also do shorter blurbs on social e.g. ‘I design holiday cards on Zazzle! Check them out too and get 60% off and I get something too!’

@Elizabeth: Does this mean it's okay to share refer-a-friend links to twitter & pinterest followers as well? After reading in the program details that it is not intended for bulk invitation of strangers, I presumed that included social media followers that are not personal acquaintances.
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 3:54:24 PM
Aadam_Photography wrote:
Elizabeth P. wrote:
But you can also do shorter blurbs on social e.g. ‘I design holiday cards on Zazzle! Check them out too and get 60% off and I get something too!’

@Elizabeth: Does this mean it's okay to share refer-a-friend links to twitter & pinterest followers as well? After reading in the program details that it is not intended for bulk invitation of strangers, I presumed that included social media followers that are not personal acquaintances.

Quote:

[8. Bulk Distribution (“Spam”). Each Referrer is the actual sender of the emails and must comply with applicable law. Referrals must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members. By submitting any email address as part of the Program, you, as the Referrer, represent that you have the appropriate permission and consent. Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other use of the services described herein in a manner that is not promoted is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination and further legal action. Zazzle has no obligation to monitor the Program or any communications; however, Zazzle may choose to do so and block any email messages, remove any such content, or prohibit any use of the Program. Referrers who do not comply with the law, including anti-spam laws, are obligated to indemnify the Released Parties against any liabilities, costs and expenses it incurs as a result of such Spam.

https://www.zazzle.com/lp/malpcms?id=ReferAFriendProgramTerms
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2019 5:42:41 PM
Thanks, Maz, that is the section I'm still confused about. I understand shotgunning out cold emails is spam, but would a pinterest pin fall under spam because it's not a personal invitation, or is it okay because the viewers are either subscribed or interested in the topic?
Posted: Saturday, December 07, 2019 12:20:58 PM
I see a FACEBOOK post when I click the button for FB
For Pinterest, I do not see anything for a pin.
Do we add the code as a # ?
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2019 7:28:58 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope you had a nice weekend.

Yes, you can post to your followers on social media and spread the word!

@BKMuir - you should see a Pinterest post populate when clicking the Pinterest share button on the Refer-a-Friend page. Can you send some screenshots over to me directly of what you are seeing?

Thank you and hope this helps!

Best,
Elizabeth P.
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 4:48:51 AM
I passed on this offer because, my "friends" and family have never ordered anything from Zazzle, whether my products or anything else. Even those that contacted me and asked me for a specific design, didn't purchase it. I don't see a reason to go to the effort. To those that have loyal friends and family, go for it ...
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:28:06 PM
Elizabeth P. wrote:
Hi everyone,

@BKMuir - you should see a Pinterest post populate when clicking the Pinterest share button on the Refer-a-Friend page. Can you send some screenshots over to me directly of what you are seeing?

Best,
Elizabeth P.

I've tried several ways to show a screenshot - none are working.
A pinterest page opens up with a black header stating "Not a business? ...." and showing my Business hub page. There is no way to move about this page (no sliders at top or bottom, can't page down)

However, there is no pinterest post created at all.

On latest Windows, using Firefox ...

I created a Direct ONLY postcard to show the entire "page" that I see.
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:32:15 PM
BKMuir wrote:
Elizabeth P. wrote:
Hi everyone,

Best,
Elizabeth P.

I've tried several ways to show a screenshot - none are working.
A pinterest page opens up with a black header stating "Not a business? ...." and showing my Business hub page. There is no way to move about this page (no sliders at top or bottom, can't page down)

However, there is no pinterest post created at all.

On latest Windows, using Firefox ...

I created a Direct ONLY postcard to show the entire "page" that I see.

That screen shot is Pinterest checking in with you and asking you if you are indeed a business. It happened to me last week. Check that you are a business. You will notice that when you log in from that point on, your business hub will be your account landing page instead of your feed. Very annoying. And when you click the P it will take you to your hub as well. You have to click home to get to your feed. FYI.
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:27:31 AM
JB Designs wrote:
[quote=BKMuir]

That screen shot is Pinterest checking in with you and asking you if you are indeed a business. It happened to me last week. Check that you are a business. You will notice that when you log in from that point on, your business hub will be your account landing page instead of your feed. Very annoying. And when you click the P it will take you to your hub as well. You have to click home to get to your feed. FYI.

Thanks, I know all of this and re-did the checkmark, etc.

I'm still not seeing anything created by ZAZZLE for refer a friend.

EDIT - OK I closed the window for the business location, and wrote the above. I went back to double check and FINALLY got the Pin to come up.

Thanks for urging me on ...
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 4:56:05 PM
@BKMuir - that's great news! I'm glad everything is working now.

Best,
Elizabeth P.