Promoted By Zazzle on Pinterest ?
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 3:58:23 PM
Lately when I share a product on Pinterest, it will show up on my Pinterest Homepage with a "promoted by Zazzle" text in small print at the bottom of the picture.
What does this mean. I am wondering if the things I am sharing on Pinterest are getting credited back to Zazzle as the promoter?
If anyone can enlighten me, I would surely appreciate it.
I don't mind sharing other designer's products, in fact, so many of my sales are third party, I kind feel indebted. But I want to get the credit if something I shared sells.
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 4:25:31 PM
Zazzle has a presence on most social medias, including pinterest. They can promote anything that has been created on here, and you can pay to place ads on social media, including pinterest. They have more of a marketing budget than any of us designers so they often place ads for stuff.

There is an option on the settings of your pinterest boards you can swap off. Its something along the lines of "get ideas from this board for my home feed" or something. Its just pinterest's way of saying "oh you have a throw pillow board with pins from zazzle. You obviously like throw pillows from zazzle so let's show you even more"

The only way you can get the referral fee is if the link has your referral number included. Most of my sales are 3rd party as well, and believe that 90% of those 3rd parties are probably zazzle and not other designers.
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 4:32:54 PM
Thanks Nicole I do understand that Zazzle promotes on Pinterest. One thing I don't understand is how to make sure my referral number is included in the things I share. I only share from the Zazzle site by clicking the pinterest logo below the products. This goes directly to pinterest and I don't know how to make sure my number is included in the link.
I have earned some referral fees last month, and since Pinterest is the only place I promote, I just assumed by number was being included, but now I am not so sure.
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 4:33:51 PM
I think the way some of zazzle’s ads on Pinterest (and other websites) work, is that they are auto populated by things you have recently viewed. So if you are looking at your own products you might see ads with your own items or if you are looking at invitations you might see the ones you have looked at.

I have seen those type of Zazzle ads on Pinterest for my own items and others’ items I have viewed, but they also have separate ads with specific items that seem to be “curated” by Zazzle. Like I’ve seen them with the Zazzle wedding items that were from the contest winners.

So it’s basically an intentional coincidence that some of them are the same items you pinned.
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 4:51:41 PM
randysgrandma wrote:
Thanks Nicole I do understand that Zazzle promotes on Pinterest. One thing I don't understand is how to make sure my referral number is included in the things I share. I only share from the Zazzle site by clicking the pinterest logo below the products. This goes directly to pinterest and I don't know how to make sure my number is included in the link.
I have earned some referral fees last month, and since Pinterest is the only place I promote, I just assumed by number was being included, but now I am not so sure.

If you are sharing, while logged in, by using the P button under products, then your ref id is automatically added to the link.

And since you have earned some referral, it's working!
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 5:06:16 PM
Thanks for the replies. I feel reassured