Product Design Critique 5 pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 6:41:43 PM
PacifierCity wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
PacifierCity wrote:
I always appreciate feedback.



Description:

Here we have a cute pacifier designed specifically for a baby whose father fights fires. It features cute child like text which reads "My Daddy's a Firefighter." The text surrounds the classic fire department logo in red and black. Turn your little ones siren off with this soother. #firefighting #pacifier #binky #soother #fireman #firedepartment | cute baby pacifiers | gifts for firefighters | baby shower gifts | dads who fight fires | family of fire fighters


Tags:

firefighter, fire, fighter, baby shower gifts, cute pacifiers, infant gifts, new father. soother, baby gear, binky


Suggestions??

Thanks

Smile


you have done a good job with this, the only suggestion I have is if you could add a tag like "daddy's a firefighter" or "firefigher daddy" and "fireman dad" If it were mine I would eliminate the tags "fire" and "fighter" and replace them with one of these to give weight to the fireman daddy theme.

I might also add the colors in a tag by modifying "binky" to "red and white binky"

That is all I have right now. hth


Thanks Shelli,

I think I will adjust a ew of those tags.

Smile Josh


You're welcome! Smile
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 9:54:34 PM


You Had me at Meow!

Any cat is able to sense that they are meant to be in your life the moment they meet you. And from the moment you hear them give their first meow or purr in your direction, you know it's love. | © and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved.

you-had-me-at-meow, meow, cat, cat-saying, feline-pun, cute-saying, animal-love, cat-gift-idea, cat-pun, moggie
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 6:06:23 AM
Jaana Humlie wrote:


You Had me at Meow!

Any cat is able to sense that they are meant to be in your life the moment they meet you. And from the moment you hear them give their first meow or purr in your direction, you know it's love. | © and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved.

you-had-me-at-meow, meow, cat, cat-saying, feline-pun, cute-saying, animal-love, cat-gift-idea, cat-pun, moggie

Other possible tags: happy feline, smiling cat
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 10:50:43 AM
somethingartish wrote:
Jaana Humlie wrote:


You Had me at Meow!

Any cat is able to sense that they are meant to be in your life the moment they meet you. And from the moment you hear them give their first meow or purr in your direction, you know it's love. | © and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved.

you-had-me-at-meow, meow, cat, cat-saying, feline-pun, cute-saying, animal-love, cat-gift-idea, cat-pun, moggie

Other possible tags: happy feline, smiling cat


I would add that instead of repeating cat so many times maybe add other variations like "Kitty" "Kitteh" "Kitty-cat" and "Pet" if you could work those into your tags somehow it would widen your chances at being searchable.

Smile

Adding: The design itself is very cute and will look great on many different background colors.
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 9:46:15 PM


Angel of Friendship

This angel is from a group of art images I've made with some of the angel designs in my collection. This one depicts an angel flying through the air, as two white birds fly into her hands. |© and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved

wings,angel-hosts,holy-messenger,angel,inspirational,angel-of-friendship,friendship
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 7:46:42 AM
Jaana Humlie wrote:


Angel of Friendship

This angel is from a group of art images I've made with some of the angel designs in my collection. This one depicts an angel flying through the air, as two white birds fly into her hands. |© and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved

wings,angel-hosts,holy-messenger,angel,inspirational,angel-of-friendship,friendship

One of the hardest things to do as an artist is to step outside our own interpretation of a work's meaning, to see it through the eyes of a buyer.

With friendship being an abstract concept, I'm not sure buyers looking at this image for the first time will immediately make the connection to this being an "angel of friendship", or that it's likely to be one of their search terms. So I might shift it a bit, something like this:

Doves Befriending Gold-winged Dark-haired Angel

(I would say doves rather than white birds, due to the importance of doves in religious symbolism.)

Here's an idea for a description: A peaceful scene in which a pair of white doves fly to meet a dark-haired angel with golden wings near a white, puffy cloud, as she drifts through the heavens; a symbol of friendship. The angel wears a multicolored robe in shades of orange, dark pink, and dark blue with a long pink ribbon tied around her waist, whose ends float freely in the air before her. A halo can be seen behind her head. All appear against a sky blue background.

Possible keywords: dark-haired angel, golden wings, white dove pair, puffy white cloud, beautiful multicolored robe, blue sky background, friendship, religious symbolism, peaceful scene, inspirational holy messenger

You may of course come up with something that suits you better - these are just suggestions to get you thinking more broadly about how a customer might perceive and search for this type of product offering.
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 9:22:00 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
[quote=Jaana Humlie][center]


Here's an idea for a description: A peaceful scene in which a pair of white doves fly to meet a dark-haired angel with golden wings near a white, puffy cloud, as she drifts through the heavens; a symbol of friendship. The angel wears a multicolored robe in shades of orange, dark pink, and dark blue with a long pink ribbon tied around her waist, whose ends float freely in the air before her. A halo can be seen behind her head. All appear against a sky blue background.

Possible keywords: dark-haired angel, golden wings, white dove pair, puffy white cloud, beautiful multicolored robe, blue sky background, friendship, religious symbolism, peaceful scene, inspirational holy messenger



Can I pay you to write descriptions and tags for me... lol.

I'm going to check out your store for inspiration.
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 10:13:42 AM
Josh B wrote:
Can I pay you to write descriptions and tags for me... lol.

I'm going to check out your store for inspiration.

I probably still have some real clunkers that I should fix. The thing to remember about descriptions is this: They're used by machine algorithms to match your product page to the terms searched on by someone using an external search engine. Same for your titles. So descriptions need to be detailed, and titles need to have your most important keywords in them. But both still have to be intelligible to humans reading them.

Tags are for Zazzle's search algorithms. Debatable whether they're worth much or anything outside Zazzle.
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 10:50:39 PM


Carnations

This design features a pair of pink carnations and one carnation just getting ready to bloom. The bright color of the flowers are contrasted by the greenish-gray stem and leaves. This design is perfect for Mothers Day, Valentines Day, or just anytime you want to give something special to someone you love.

carnations,stem,flowers,leaves,green,pink,mothers-day,valentines-day,pink-blooms

Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 9:22:38 AM
Jaana Humlie wrote:


Carnations

This design features a pair of pink carnations and one carnation just getting ready to bloom. The bright color of the flowers are contrasted by the greenish-gray stem and leaves. This design is perfect for Mothers Day, Valentines Day, or just anytime you want to give something special to someone you love.

carnations,stem,flowers,leaves,green,pink,mothers-day,valentines-day,pink-blooms







To me the cool pink background clashes a tat with the pink and red of the carnation so I picked the color from the carnation and with my color picker and tried to blend over to white, but the pink still felt to cool, so I blended to cream instead of white

#f56681
#ffffff
#ffffce

And chose #fbccb4

I'm vaguely familiar with carnations from their political to their victorian symbolism, but don't have a special attachment myself, so I went to google to help me out. The image reminded me of botanical studies. So I looked up the botanical name and placed in underneath to emphasize the connection.

However even if you don't like my choices to improve on the design. After all it is a matter of personal preferences, I suppose.

What you can improve on, is adding the botanical name and the word / phrase "botanic / botanical studies" to reach out to those who take botanic and flora a little more serious than I do.

Because the color may just as well be called red and red carnations have a high symbolic value, I also suggest you include the keyphrase "red carnation"

As to the symbolism of the flower, google summarizes it as follow:

Quote:
Meaning & Symbolism of Carnations. ... White carnations suggest pure love and good luck, light red symbolizes admiration, while dark red represents deep love and affection.


And here is a website to draw inspiration for a more elaborate description to a very faceted flower:
https://www.auntyflo.com/flower-dictionary/red-carnation

Keyphrases to expand the reach: Victorian, admiration, Expression of gratitude, fortitude and bravery (Slovenian Soldier wear them with pride), ruffled petals, botanical name: Greek dios and anthos, so the botanical name translates to "flower of the gods".
-.-



Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 11:00:44 AM
tagwise I would drop the tag "stem" and add "floral design"

I agree about the two shades of pink not matching real well and I might put it on a pale yellow or sage green background if it were my design.

example:





Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2019 7:45:37 PM


Adorable Cat Illustration

Adorable illustration of a cat laying on it's back.| © and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved.

cats,pets,adorable-image,cat-image,drawing,happy-meow
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 7:38:54 AM
I wonder if you might benefit from a "line drawing" tag, thereby getting more specific as to the style of the art. Also a tag for the color? "cute" and "smiling feline" are other possibilities.
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 8:05:28 AM
don't forget variations of cat, like kitty, kitten, etc...
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 12:36:08 PM
Changes added, thank you.
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:36:41 AM
Janna,

One product I didnt see in your list was the rubber stamp and golf related stuff.

Rubber stamps dont have use the gary scale future to sell. But maybe a light gray paw print in the background.

5 item in the golf set; club cover, marker, towel, duvel tool, and golf ball if I recall correct. While I'm not a cat man, I know a few guys that surfers from that inflection.

Cat stamp only has 1048 designs keyword "cat rubber stamp"

"Cat Golf" has 4076.
"Cat Golf Ball" has 2657
"Cat Golf Marker" has 335
Keep in mind white back grounds for markers make them easyer to see on the ground.



Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2019 8:22:10 PM
Hello Friends
I just designed this poster and want your suggestions, especially about tags. Thanks in advance.
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:57:48 PM
shabnamahsan wrote:
Hello Friends
I just designed this poster and want your suggestions, especially about tags. Thanks in advance.


What comes to mind first is “famous Russian landmarks” “Moscow Russia” “travel destinations” “beautiful architecture” “colorful cathedral turrets” just to name a few. Also “tourism” or “tourist attraction” “after dark” etc... hope that helps.
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2019 2:18:47 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
shabnamahsan wrote:
Hello Friends
I just designed this poster and want your suggestions, especially about tags. Thanks in advance.


What comes to mind first is “famous Russian landmarks” “Moscow Russia” “travel destinations” “beautiful architecture” “colorful cathedral turrets” just to name a few. Also “tourism” or “tourist attraction” “after dark” etc... hope that helps.


While the full name of this building is called "Cathedral of the Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos on the Moat". This Cathedral is also known as Saint Basil's Cathedral and it's located in Red Square Moscow. So I would include that information as well so suggested information could be..

Title: Beautiful Saint Basil's Cathedral Moscow at Night

Description: Photo of Saint Basil's Cathedral, located in Redsquare, Moscow. This photograph is image features this beautiful Russian Cathedral at night. This is an excellent gift for a wedding or housewarming.

You could also add in historical information that it was built on the orders of Ivan the Terrible between the years of 1555-1561.

Tags: Saint-Basils-Cathedral, Redsquare, redsquare-russia, Ivan-the-terrible, Saintbasil, saint-Vasily, Basil-the-blessed.
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2019 3:54:47 PM
The domes are also sometimes referred to as onion-bulb domes, because they look like the bulb of an onion. So you might try working that in somewhere.
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 7:39:35 AM
I would for sure include in both the description and tags that it is a night photo as it looks very different during the day. There is an air of mystery at night that doesn't compare during the day.
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:17:16 PM


Winter Comes

A gradient of blue, to pinkish-purple, to reddish-brown. The color scheme is reminiscent of the early winter evening sky in the mountains. | © and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved.

blue,purple,reddish-brown,cold-color,cold,background,winter-tones
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:22:10 AM
Jaana Humlie wrote:


Winter Comes

A gradient of blue, to pinkish-purple, to reddish-brown. The color scheme is reminiscent of the early winter evening sky in the mountains. | © and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved.

blue,purple,reddish-brown,cold-color,cold,background,winter-tones

I think you might benefit from more descriptive titles, as per this guidance from Zazzle:

Quote:
Graphic-based designs:

[trait] [color] [style] [content] [design type]
example: "Vintage Navy and Pink Watercolor Floral"


Text-based designs:

[full/partial phrase] [trait] [content] [color] [design type]
example: "No Bad Days Funny Quote with Yellow Text"

I used to title my products according to the name I had given the work (and I still have some to fix!) But such abstract titles aren't so great for search engine optimization. Titles and descriptions are more important for external search engines than tags, so you should try to work your most important keywords into them, as per the examples above.

Here's a suggested title for this work:

Modern Gray Red Mottled Gradient Abstract

(You might have to tweak it, but I think the above will fit.)
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:00:04 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Jaana Humlie wrote:


Winter Comes

A gradient of blue, to pinkish-purple, to reddish-brown. The color scheme is reminiscent of the early winter evening sky in the mountains. | © and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved.

blue,purple,reddish-brown,cold-color,cold,background,winter-tones

I think you might benefit from more descriptive titles, as per this guidance from Zazzle:

Quote:
Graphic-based designs:

[trait] [color] [style] [content] [design type]
example: "Vintage Navy and Pink Watercolor Floral"


Text-based designs:

[full/partial phrase] [trait] [content] [color] [design type]
example: "No Bad Days Funny Quote with Yellow Text"

I used to title my products according to the name I had given the work (and I still have some to fix!) But such abstract titles aren't so great for search engine optimization. Titles and descriptions are more important for external search engines than tags, so you should try to work your most important keywords into them, as per the examples above.

Here's a suggested title for this work:

Modern Gray Red Mottled Gradient Abstract

(You might have to tweak it, but I think the above will fit.)


And there is also a way to salvage part of her artistic title with something like this

Colors of Winter Blue and Red Ombre Abstract

It is a beautiful design! in the description I would get even more detailed on the colors by saying something about how the "icy cold blue" fades into the "warm tones of raspberry red" to make a "lovely color gradient combination". then you can use some of these keywords in your tags also to give them weight.

I would also add a tag like "winter theme" and don't forget "ombre" (a trendy keyword that should help)

eta: while you are describing your design you can tell the story by starting off with something like ..."This design is the colors of winter when it comes... an icy cold front of blue moving down from the north and pushing out the last warm red tones of summer...



This is something I am trying to do with some of my own abstract designs, working keywords into a story telling style of description. It doesn't always work for me but some designs are easy to do this with like yours above is.
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:54:03 AM
That's great advice, Shelli! Just adding that I sometimes note the formal title of a work in the description.
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 11:04:29 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
That's great advice, Shelli! Just adding that I sometimes note the formal title of a work in the description.


Also great advice! I used to do that also and for some crazy reason I stopped. I need to start again.
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 11:42:56 AM
How is this upgrade? I can't call this one an ombre since ombre is a color gradient that drifts towards from one tone to another. Such as light blue drifting towards a darker shade of blue. But I can call this an abstract since it has no distinctive form as an image. I also can use the word analogous since the colors are on the same side of the color spectrum.

Winter Toned Blue to Red-Violet Abstract

This lovely gradient combination features a wintery toned cold blue descending towards a warm reddish-violet. The color scheme is reminiscent of the early winter evening sky in the mountains in how the frigid shades of blue cold are bearing down on the warmer red-violet tones bringing a feel of the colder seasons bringing an end the lingering warmth of summer. | © and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved.

blue,purple,red-violet,cold-tones,abstract,background,winter-tones, winter-theme, gradient, analogous
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 12:52:36 PM
Jaana Humlie wrote:
How is this upgrade? I can't call this one an ombre since ombre is a color gradient that drifts towards from one tone to another. Such as light blue drifting towards a darker shade of blue. But I can call this an abstract since it has no distinctive form as an image. I also can use the word analogous since the colors are on the same side of the color spectrum.

Winter Toned Blue to Red-Violet Abstract

This lovely gradient combination features a wintery toned cold blue descending towards a warm reddish-violet. The color scheme is reminiscent of the early winter evening sky in the mountains in how the frigid shades of blue cold are bearing down on the warmer red-violet tones bringing a feel of the colder seasons bringing an end the lingering warmth of summer. | © and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved.

blue,purple,red-violet,cold-tones,abstract,background,winter-tones, winter-theme, gradient, analogous


It's a great improvement and I think it should help!

Also I think the definition Ombre is not restricted to gradients of the same color. in the hair color world they use it to describe going from dark brown to pink or blue... and from light blonde to dark red etc... even as extreme as going from vivid purple to vivid peacock blue.
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 2:47:03 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Jaana Humlie wrote:
How is this upgrade? I can't call this one an ombre since ombre is a color gradient that drifts towards from one tone to another. Such as light blue drifting towards a darker shade of blue. But I can call this an abstract since it has no distinctive form as an image. I also can use the word analogous since the colors are on the same side of the color spectrum.

Winter Toned Blue to Red-Violet Abstract

This lovely gradient combination features a wintery toned cold blue descending towards a warm reddish-violet. The color scheme is reminiscent of the early winter evening sky in the mountains in how the frigid shades of blue cold are bearing down on the warmer red-violet tones bringing a feel of the colder seasons bringing an end the lingering warmth of summer. | © and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved.

blue,purple,red-violet,cold-tones,abstract,background,winter-tones, winter-theme, gradient, analogous


It's a great improvement and I think it should help!

Also I think the definition Ombre is not restricted to gradients of the same color. in the hair color world they use it to describe going from dark brown to pink or blue... and from light blonde to dark red etc... even as extreme as going from vivid purple to vivid peacock blue.


All the same, I do have backgrounds where the Ombre title is has a better application. Such as this one for example.



Berry Shaded Ombre

A brightly colored ombre gradiating from white to a pinkish purple. The color of the ombre resembles the color of berries that have been used as natural dyes. The colors used are warm and calming and will brighten any setting be your living room or the bedroom of a small child. The design itself feels suitable for a young girl's bedroom, but the tones are gender neutral enough to accent a young boy's living space.| ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved.

yellow,pink,yellow-orange-purple-and-pink-gradiant,berry-pink-shades,sunny-yellow-shades,friendly-colors,peaceful,girly,summer-shades,ombre

I mostly used the original background names because these are the same backgrounds I put with my transparent designs such as this one.

Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2019 7:45:29 PM


Animated Coral Ombre

This gradient features an ombre of different shades of red. The shading resembles coral as it waves in the waters of an ocean. | © and ® JHumlie - All Rights Reserved.

background,abstract,red-pattern,coral-red,coral,pattern,red-background,coral-red-color,red,ombre
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded