Pinterest Referral Links
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 8:35:49 AM
Good morning!
After I pin on my Pinterest board with my referral link, do I lose that referral link once someone pins it to their own board or does it follow the pin?

Thanks!
Smile
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 9:05:38 AM
Hi there, I wasn't sure so I tracked down one of my own pins to a board it had been saved to and when I hovered over the main link I did see my referral id included.

so I think the answer is yes.

hth!
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:32:49 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Hi there, I wasn't sure so I tracked down one of my own pins to a board it had been saved to and when I hovered over the main link I did see my referral id included.

so I think the answer is yes.

hth!

Thanks! I learned something new! SmileGrin
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 10:29:49 AM
Is there anything you have to do to have your referral link included when you pin? I ask because I used to get a lot of referrals. I noticed I never do anymore even though I pin, tweet and fb items everyday from other people.

So today I checked one of my pins and I dont see my referral link on there, even though I was signed in and pinned something straight from the Pin button under the item.

Is there something Im missing that I should be doing?
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 6:28:02 PM
wheresthekarma wrote:
Is there anything you have to do to have your referral link included when you pin? I ask because I used to get a lot of referrals. I noticed I never do anymore even though I pin, tweet and fb items everyday from other people.

So today I checked one of my pins and I dont see my referral link on there, even though I was signed in and pinned something straight from the Pin button under the item.

Is there something Im missing that I should be doing?

If you share from the built in share buttons your ref id is supposed to be attached. Sometimes the link gets shortened and we don’t see it in there but it is supposed to still be in there in the code. You can build your links from scratch by copy and pasting the URL from the address bar and then add your referral id to the end like this

?ref=addyouridnumberhere

Adding: referrals are hit and miss for me too and more miss than hit.
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 7:09:24 PM
It is my understanding, based on what I have read in the forums, that we do not see our RFID# once we have posted our links via "Share" to places like Pinterest, etc, but that they are there and work if all "requirements" are met, such as if customer has their cookies enabled for instance and maybe a couple of other factors.