Pinterest group boards are being "devalued" 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 3:23:37 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Maybe someone can find the original interview on FB.


If it was Elke Clarke you can probably find it on her blog...

I don't mean to be contradictory, just testing to see if what they said is correct.

I agree with Josh, what would be the point of having sections if the URLs are not searchable?
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 3:33:30 PM
Also regarding this from the op

Quote:
At the very least the pins on group boards will not be shown predominately in feeds.


I am seeing pins in my home feed from many sectioned boards. I saw one just now above the fold, from an art board that was pinned to a section called "abstract". And another from that same art board that was pinned to a different section called "illustration"







Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 3:48:24 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Josh B wrote:
I wish there was a source to back up that claim.


I have an animal pacifier board that is broken down into sections by the alphabet and it gets repins all the time. I'd have to check, but it might be my best product board.

IMO Pinterest created sections for a reason and encouraged us to use them too. I don't understand why they would do that and then make all those pins "disappear" from searches. Doesn't make sense to me...


I found your duckling3 paci doing an internal Pinterest search, when I clicked through it took me to your board that has 4 sections.


?? That is curious. Didn't save the pin did you?

I've never used a product to go to a board...

Which board did you end up at?
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 3:53:04 PM
The pin didn't link to the board...right?

That pacifier is also found on the cute pacifier board. I bet that is where you ended up.

I was worried for a minute... lol
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 3:56:10 PM
Josh B wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Josh B wrote:
I wish there was a source to back up that claim.


I have an animal pacifier board that is broken down into sections by the alphabet and it gets repins all the time. I'd have to check, but it might be my best product board.

IMO Pinterest created sections for a reason and encouraged us to use them too. I don't understand why they would do that and then make all those pins "disappear" from searches. Doesn't make sense to me...


I found your duckling3 paci doing an internal Pinterest search, when I clicked through it took me to your board that has 4 sections.


?? That is curious. Didn't save the pin did you?


I've never used a product to go to a board...

Which board did you end up at?


I didn't save it...

In the Pinterest search box...

I searched the term "animal pacifiers" and it took me to the pin on this board.

https://www.pinterest.com/pacifiercity/cute-pacifiers-amazing-artistic-designs-on-pacifie/
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:00:35 PM
Josh B wrote:
The pin didn't link to the board...right?

That pacifier is also found on the cute pacifier board. I bet that is where you ended up.

I was worried for a minute... lol


no, the link is to Zazzle... no worries there.

ps since I forgot to save the duck I went back and saved a cow paci to one of my boards...
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:14:46 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Maybe someone can find the original interview on FB.


If it was Elke Clarke you can probably find it on her blog...

I don't mean to be contradictory, just testing to see if what they said is correct.

I agree with Josh, what would be the point of having sections if the URLs are not searchable?


I didn't think you were being contradictory- just helping figure things out.

It was on her blog, but her link to the interview isn't working.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:19:37 PM
Thanks Shelli!

The board with all the animals is here:

https://www.pinterest.com/pacifiercity/animal-baby-animal-pacifiers-cartoon-drawings-digi/

in case anyone was interested.

Sweet to know that you found the duck one with that search. That particular pacifier has gotten a lot of love lately! And its nice that you found "my" pin. I have found several other people that promote my pacifiers. It's probably wrong of me but sometimes I go and click through on all their pins to get Pinterest more interested in showing my stuff...lol!!Laughing

And thanks for saving the cow... although my Pinterst feed shows you saved the duck??

On a side note, are your monthly viewer stats updating?? Mine haven't updated on the page in about a week now. They have in the back end but not in the front end... just curious.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:23:16 PM
Josh B wrote:
Thanks Shelli!

The board with all the animals is here:

https://www.pinterest.com/pacifiercity/animal-baby-animal-pacifiers-cartoon-drawings-digi/

in case anyone was interested.

Sweet to know that you found the duck one with that search. That particular pacifier has gotten a lot of love lately! And its nice that you found "my" pin. I have found several other people that promote my pacifiers. It's probably wrong of me but sometimes I go and click through on all their pins to get Pinterest more interested in showing my stuff...lol!!Laughing

And thanks for saving the cow... although my Pinterst feed shows you saved the duck??

On a side note, are your monthly viewer stats updating?? Mine haven't updated on the page in about a week now. They have in the back end but not in the front end... just curious.


My monthly viewers stats have also been frozen for about a week.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:29:45 PM
[/quote]
On a side note, are your monthly viewer stats updating?? Mine haven't updated on the page in about a week now. They have in the back end but not in the front end... just curious.[/quote]

My monthly viewers stats have also been frozen for about a week. [/quote]

Thanks. Its driving me crazy. They have finally changed in the backend and I've almost doubled my reach and I just so want that number to change...It driving me nuts!!

And it looks like they took away the ability to use the "old analytics" tools. I used those to see how well my boards were doing as opposed to just pins... frustrating...

@ Shelli, followed you and saw you saved the cow too. Thanks. It came through in a different message.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:37:24 PM
Josh B wrote:
Thanks Shelli!

The board with all the animals is here:

https://www.pinterest.com/pacifiercity/animal-baby-animal-pacifiers-cartoon-drawings-digi/

in case anyone was interested.

Sweet to know that you found the duck one with that search. That particular pacifier has gotten a lot of love lately! And its nice that you found "my" pin. I have found several other people that promote my pacifiers. It's probably wrong of me but sometimes I go and click through on all their pins to get Pinterest more interested in showing my stuff...lol!!Laughing

And thanks for saving the cow... although my Pinterst feed shows you saved the duck??


On a side note, are your monthly viewer stats updating?? Mine haven't updated on the page in about a week now. They have in the back end but not in the front end... just curious.


nope mine are still the same as last week.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:45:49 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Maybe someone can find the original interview on FB.


If it was Elke Clarke you can probably find it on her blog...

I don't mean to be contradictory, just testing to see if what they said is correct.

I agree with Josh, what would be the point of having sections if the URLs are not searchable?


I didn't think you were being contradictory- just helping figure things out.

It was on her blog, but her link to the interview isn't working.


I always like to test thing like this and my main course of action is usually steady as she goes.





Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 3:11:11 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Also regarding this from the op

Quote:
At the very least the pins on group boards will not be shown predominately in feeds.


I am seeing pins in my home feed from many sectioned boards. I saw one just now above the fold, from an art board that was pinned to a section called "abstract". And another from that same art board that was pinned to a different section called "illustration"


Just for the record, we don't know if that statement ("group boards are being devalued") meant the group boards were being devalued right now or in the future. It was one statement in a whole 1 hour video. The quote you posted above we me speculating.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 5:44:00 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:

It was on her blog, but her link to the interview isn't working.


HERE is the link to the FB video which I refer to in my initial post.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 6:02:02 AM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:

It was on her blog, but her link to the interview isn't working.


HERE is the link to the FB video which I refer to in my initial post.


Thank you! I'll try and have a look at that later.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 6:52:31 AM
Thanks!
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 4:14:01 PM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Also regarding this from the op

Quote:
At the very least the pins on group boards will not be shown predominately in feeds.


I am seeing pins in my home feed from many sectioned boards. I saw one just now above the fold, from an art board that was pinned to a section called "abstract". And another from that same art board that was pinned to a different section called "illustration"


Just for the record, we don't know if that statement ("group boards are being devalued") meant the group boards were being devalued right now or in the future. It was one statement in a whole 1 hour video. The quote you posted above we me speculating.


gotcha...
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:58:42 PM
Just an interesting thing regarding this topic...

I decided to experiment a little by leaving 2 of the group boards I belonged to that I really didn't pin to very often and weren't all that relative to my Art theme.

Before I left them my monthly viewer count had just jumped from 420.4 thousand to 424.7

but one day later my count is back down to 420.1

I can't see any difference so far in clicks or saves and I really have no idea if the viewer count really matters.

My engaged viewer count has stayed about the same. Right around 7 thousand. I think this stat might mean more than the total viewer count does.

I am curious to see how long it takes me to make up that 4000 viewer deficit. I am hand pinning more from all my sites in addition to running nIFTTTy schedulers from Zazzle to see if that makes any difference.

I am really just kind of flying by the seat of my pants here trying to find what works. I bet by the time I figure something out Pinterest will change again and it won't matter anyway. LOL

Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 4:03:36 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Just an interesting thing regarding this topic...

I decided to experiment a little by leaving 2 of the group boards I belonged to that I really didn't pin to very often and weren't all that relative to my Art theme.

Before I left them my monthly viewer count had just jumped from 420.4 thousand to 424.7

but one day later my count is back down to 420.1

I can't see any difference so far in clicks or saves and I really have no idea if the viewer count really matters.

My engaged viewer count has stayed about the same. Right around 7 thousand. I think this stat might mean more than the total viewer count does.

I am curious to see how long it takes me to make up that 4000 viewer deficit. I am hand pinning more from all my sites in addition to running nIFTTTy schedulers from Zazzle to see if that makes any difference.

I am really just kind of flying by the seat of my pants here trying to find what works. I bet by the time I figure something out Pinterest will change again and it won't matter anyway. LOL



So it is my understanding that your monthly viewer count is how often some one sees one of your pins. I believe that since you are part of a group board that the pins on that board may count towards your viewership(??) At the very least any pins you had on their did. This count can simply be someone scrolling past your pin on the home feed. If someone "saw it" it counts. The loss of those pins could account for that drop... but more likely you had a day, just over a month ago that had a really high number of impressions (views). That day has now passed and is no longer past of your monthly viewers total. That number is a rolling number....

What we are really after is engagements, ie clicks and saves, and followers...
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 5:31:11 PM
Josh B wrote:


What we are really after is engagements, ie clicks and saves, and followers...


True, and that is why your engaged viewer count is the one that matters.

Having a million views a month doesn't help you if none of them are saving or clicking your pins.

I can tell you that since I started pinning with the nIFTTTy schedulers my engagement rate has gotten better.
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:06:16 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Josh B wrote:


What we are really after is engagements, ie clicks and saves, and followers...


True, and that is why your engaged viewer count is the one that matters.

Having a million views a month doesn't help you if none of them are saving or clicking your pins.

I can tell you that since I started pinning with the nIFTTTy schedulers my engagement rate has gotten better.


That is interesting... good to know.

I have an enormous plan for my pacifier city page and have grown tremendously. You can look at my first post for themed baby gear in referrals and then compare with where I'm at now. My main annoyance is bot followers. I've blocked close to 300 now! And accidentally repinning junk pins. So I have slowed down a bit... But still have at least 3 big updates that I want to do to the account. I'm trying to figure out how to work niftty and tailwind into the plan so I can step back and do more design. Oh, and figure out my own personal advertising strategy so all of this effort can really be worth it... lol
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:09:43 PM
Josh B wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Josh B wrote:


What we are really after is engagements, ie clicks and saves, and followers...


True, and that is why your engaged viewer count is the one that matters.

Having a million views a month doesn't help you if none of them are saving or clicking your pins.

I can tell you that since I started pinning with the nIFTTTy schedulers my engagement rate has gotten better.


That is interesting... good to know.

I have an enormous plan for my pacifier city page and have grown tremendously. You can look at my first post for themed baby gear in referrals and then compare with where I'm at now. My main annoyance is bot followers. I've blocked close to 300 now! And accidentally repinning junk pins. So I have slowed down a bit... But still have at least 3 big updates that I want to do to the account. I'm trying to figure out how to work niftty and tailwind into the plan so I can step back and do more design. Oh, and figure out my own personal advertising strategy so all of this effort can really be worth it... lol


best wishes
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2019 8:53:58 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Just an interesting thing regarding this topic...

I decided to experiment a little by leaving 2 of the group boards I belonged to that I really didn't pin to very often and weren't all that relative to my Art theme.

Before I left them my monthly viewer count had just jumped from 420.4 thousand to 424.7

but one day later my count is back down to 420.1

I can't see any difference so far in clicks or saves and I really have no idea if the viewer count really matters.

My engaged viewer count has stayed about the same. Right around 7 thousand. I think this stat might mean more than the total viewer count does.

I am curious to see how long it takes me to make up that 4000 viewer deficit. I am hand pinning more from all my sites in addition to running nIFTTTy schedulers from Zazzle to see if that makes any difference.

I am really just kind of flying by the seat of my pants here trying to find what works. I bet by the time I figure something out Pinterest will change again and it won't matter anyway. LOL



Here are the interesting results of this experiment 5 days later...

my monthly viewer count is now down from the original 424 thousand
to 398 thousand

My engaged viewer count is still holding right around 7 thousand...
Pinterest analytics says it has climbed 25% since this time last month.

my saves and link clicks seem to be down just slightly but not enough to worry me since they seem to fluctuate all the time but I am not seeing any thing too wild there.

As I said before I am not sure how much the monthly viewer count matters and since my engaged viewer count is not changing much that seems to indicate that the 2 group boards I left never benefitted my account that much anyway.

Someday I might get brave and leave a few more group boards (ones that seem to be more important to me) one at a time to test what happens then... I might wait until my monthly viewer count recovers though.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded