No Referal Credit for Direct Only Sale
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 12:12:29 PM
I’m a little confused about the referral process for direct only sales. I created three products for a customer as direct only sales. Sent her the links (insuring that my referral number was included). However, now that she has purchased the item, it is showing up as “none” in the referral column on the sales report.

I did something similar last month and received the referral credit. So how come sometimes I get the credit and sometimes I don’t when the only way the customer can get to the item is to use the referral link I provide.

Thanks so much.
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 12:27:47 PM
Reasons for no Referral:

- The customer may have cookies blocked in their browser (most likely reason)

- Customer may have clicked your link then cleared cache

- Customer may have copied link and deleted all parameters, thus leaving themselves a straight product link. When you send a link, they can click it or copy it. If they have the Product ID (that long number in a link), that's all they need to get to that product - zazzle.com/PID. Few probably know this, but it is a possible reason.

- Incorrect link (typo, & instead of ? or vice versa) (not saying you did anything wrong; this is just one reason)

I'm sure there are more, but those are the first few which come to mind.
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 12:45:42 PM
Thank you.
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 4:14:32 PM
None refers to third third party sales.

For instance if you referred someone else product using your associate id, then in their back office the it would show 3rd Party.

Another example some comes to Zazzle via another associates referral link that has their associate id and they happen to come upon your shop and make a purchase.

I you back office it will appear as a 3rd Party referral and that third party will receive a 17% commission for the referral which I believe is 17% of the commission that you receive for that product.

So if the product sells for $100 and you commission is set at 10% your initial commission is $10; but since it's a 3rd party referral then 17% of your $10 or $1.70 goes the referring associate and you get $8.30 as you commission.

Now these numbers will change if it is an international order based on the current currency exchange rate. Zazzle does not fix you commission on international orders but it floats based on the exchange rate from where the purchase was made and it can go down as well as up.

Remember adding your associate id to your product link insures that you can earn referral cash if someone buys something in another shop even if they don't buy anything from you.
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 4:30:18 PM
Rolando Burbon wrote:
None refers to third third party sales.

For instance if you referred someone else product using your associate id, then in their back office the it would show 3rd Party.

Another example some comes to Zazzle via another associates referral link that has their associate id and they happen to come upon your shop and make a purchase.

I you back office it will appear as a 3rd Party referral and that third party will receive a 17% commission for the referral which I believe is 17% of the commission that you receive for that product.

So if the product sells for $100 and you commission is set at 10% your initial commission is $10; but since it's a 3rd party referral then 17% of your $10 or $1.70 goes the referring associate and you get $8.30 as you commission.

Now these numbers will change if it is an international order based on the current currency exchange rate. Zazzle does not fix you commission on international orders but it floats based on the exchange rate from where the purchase was made and it can go down as well as up.

Remember adding your associate id to your product link insures that you can earn referral cash if someone buys something in another shop even if they don't buy anything from you.

THIS ^^^ is wrong.

If it showed "None", then chances are pretty high that either they cleared cache, or block cookies.

As for what's written above...

If a product is referred, it will show up 3rd party, at which point 20% of your royalty commission is charged back to pay for the affiliate cut.

If it shows up as "None" then you make your full royalty.

If it shows up as "Self", you make your royalty with the 3rd party cutout, as well as referral fees, which is 15% of the total sale price of the transaction.