Kicking Around an Idea....
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:09:31 PM
I want to create a board on Pinterest called "Support Artists From Around the World (Shop Artists Not Corporations)".. or something similar...

On this board I want to have pins that link to Zazzle Artists Shops. I have tried using the "Create a Pin" tool at Pinterest to save an image from our store fronts but it doesn't pull anything that works for me.

What I want is the 600 x 900 size pin that Promotes an Artist or their Store. The pin would need to have the artists/store logo, state and country (Provence and country etc), types of products or type of art the artist creates and then maybe, if the artist wants, their badge.

Way to much work for me to do with everything else going on in life...

So first, is anyone interested?

and 2nd, How would one post their 600 x 900 pin image to the forum.

I figure once we know how to post that image, we supply the text and #'s for the pin in the post and then anyone that wants to promote anothers store could do so, with your own referral id of course.

Boards could be created like "Shop Spanish Artists" or "Shop Girly Artists" or "Love Abstract Art, Shop these Artists... you get the point.

So lets kick this idea around and once we figure out interest and the how to's of it I'll start another post to post your Pins, text, #'s and store links.

Sounds like a plan??
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:58:53 PM
It sounds like a cool idea but lots of work...

I want to show you a pin I just created using the Pinterest share button from my public storefront banner.

Ths image it pulls automatically is my store logo and I had to copy and paste the description from my store "about" tab. Then I had to manually add the title but I like the result.

Would something like this work for you? share buttons are on everyone's storefront and you can promote anyone you want to that way, plus it adds your referral id also. the only thing missing is the tracking code but you could probably create your pins with nifty and solve that problem as well.

here is the pin...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/289848926018569131/

Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 5:25:05 PM
Maybe my suggested board title was misleading.

I guess I more want to promote local artists... but not necessarily local to me. If that makes sense.

And I know the "data" suggests that people don't shop boards... but my board would be sectioned by countries.

If I knew how to share a non zazzle image on here I could make a pin for one of my stores to give an example...

I'll make a pin tonight or tomorrow and share the link here. Maybe that will help people understand my idea. Then if people like the idea, maybe this can move forward.

- side note - there is absolutely nothing wrong with your example. By providing it your helping refine this idea.

Thanks
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 6:06:20 PM
OK, this pin is quick and dirty but it has the basic elements I'm looking for:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/801570433660933924

Elements -

Store logo / Artist Logo
Location (ie New Hampshire USA)
Brief description of works on pin ( I'd probably use less text next time)
I put the Pro Designer Badge on it
Call to action (click to visit store)

For this I just copied the description I wrote on the pin for the pin description and added a few poorly chosen #'s...lol

So, I wonder, are any of you interested in creating a pin for yourself or store that contains the above elements for promoters to promote you with?

Once we figure out how to get your image into the forum posts any number of promoters could use it to promote your shop/s on Pinterest.

You would have full control over what the pin looks like, providing it contains at least your logo and location. You provide the text description that would go into the pin description and other promote your store, not just single items.

Thoughts...
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 6:13:09 PM
JB Designs wrote:
OK, this pin is quick and dirty but it has the basic elements I'm looking for:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/801570433660933924

Elements -

Store logo / Artist Logo
Location (ie New Hampshire USA)
Brief description of works on pin ( I'd probably use less text next time)
I put the Pro Designer Badge on it
Call to action (click to visit store)

For this I just copied the description I wrote on the pin for the pin description and added a few poorly chosen #'s...lol

So, I wonder, are any of you interested in creating a pin for yourself or store that contains the above elements for promoters to promote you with?

Once we figure out how to get your image into the forum posts any number of promoters could use it to promote your shop/s on Pinterest.

You would have full control over what the pin looks like, providing it contains at least your logo and location. You provide the text description that would go into the pin description and other promote your store, not just single items.

Thoughts...

your link isn't working... it took me to my home feed, try adding a backslash to the end.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 6:26:13 PM
JB Designs wrote:

I guess I more want to promote local artists...

When people buy local, they expect the store to be, and the product to come from, their area. Is it really local if stores, and products, actually aren't in the same location as the artist?
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:26:03 PM
@shelli - I put it a private board... now its not, so maybe it will work now??

@gina - IDK - I'm from NH USA and if I knew a bunch of other zazzle artists that came from NH I'd be more inclined to check out their stores. There art is still being created close to me even though the product itself is not...

It is an interesting point though... It makes me wonder where Zazzle products are produced...

And even if my idea of promoting a "local" artist doesn't work from your point of view, someone else might create a board that is titled something like "art made from people who live in xxx"

Or maybe promoters like the idea of just being able to grab a premade pin and promote a certain style of art or a store that creates products for a certain niche...
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:31:36 PM
·▽·

I would have suggested IMGBB.com but my AVG filter gave a phishing warning and prevented the connection to the site today.
So I pinned it: https://www.pinterest.de/pin/480688960228576152
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:38:09 PM
JB Designs wrote:
It makes me wonder where Zazzle products are produced...

Different products come from different areas. Depends on the Maker. The product pages will state info in the bit about "Will be made by..."

For example, on the Post-It Notes product page, it says:

Will be made by
Taylor Strategic Accounts
North Mankato, MN

And Dry Erase Boards:
Will be made by
Acrylic Idea Factory
Tucson, AZ

Just two examples.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:39:32 PM
JB Designs wrote:

@gina - IDK - I'm from NH USA and if I knew a bunch of other zazzle artists that came from NH I'd be more inclined to check out their stores. There art is still being created close to me even though the product itself is not...

It is an interesting point though... It makes me wonder where Zazzle products are produced...

And even if my idea of promoting a "local" artist doesn't work from your point of view, someone else might create a board that is titled something like "art made from people who live in xxx"

Or maybe promoters like the idea of just being able to grab a premade pin and promote a certain style of art or a store that creates products for a certain niche...

I put a little flag in the corner but used the com domain in the url and I rather use imagery.
The word store in the link says it all.
I don't specialize but I since it is limited space I picked my samples where most of my focus is.

My customer are from all over the world but mostly from the US since I publish and advertise the com domain. The percentage that would buy from me because I live in Germany is negligible and therefor irrelevant.

·△·
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:42:13 PM
If you want to promote local artists, to avoid any misunderstandings, you should state in the description that only the artist lives in the area and that products may be produced, and shipped, from non-local areas.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:54:32 PM
vivendulies wrote:
·▽·

I would have suggested IMGBB.com but my AVG filter gave a phishing warning and prevented the connection to the site today.
So I pinned it: https://www.pinterest.de/pin/480688960228576152

Interesting... I can actually grab that pin image and make my own pin... Then I just copy your text and grab a promoter link and it works...

I end up with a pin that looks like this:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/801570433660935444/
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 8:04:51 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
If you want to promote local artists, to avoid any misunderstandings, you should state in the description that only the artist lives in the area and that products may be produced, and shipped, from non-local areas.

interesting point. Haven't exactly decided how I will promote stores. And the problem with pinterest would be that where do I post this "disclaimer" I could put it on the board description... but most people don't goto boards, most traffic is generated through the pintrest stream. So most people that saw the pin would never read the disclaimer posted on the board.

To put a disclaimer in each pin description doesn't make sense. The pins will simply be a showcase pin / ad for that artists store. And the idea here is that any promoter could grab the pin image and promote the store (pin) in different ways....

I digress...
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 8:11:14 PM
vivendulies wrote:
JB Designs wrote:

I put a little flag in the corner but used the com domain in the url and I rather use imagery.
The word store in the link says it all.
I don't specialize but I since it is limited space I picked my samples where most of my focus is.

My customer are from all over the world but mostly from the US since I publish and advertise the com domain. The percentage that would buy from me because I live in Germany is negligible and therefor irrelevant.

·△·

I like what you have created. And I think as the artist / store owner you should have say.

Maybe how the post will work is to have artists just create their own pin. Providing the text in the post for the pin would have made the pin I created from your pin a little quicker.

So the artist provides pin link, pin title, pin text and store link.

Promoter is responsible for adding the ref id...

that might work. Everyone should have a self promoting pin on their pinterest account anyway...

but for those people who don't have pinterest accounts, this method wouldn't work at all...
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 12:24:25 AM
•·.·•

BTW vivendulies is one word not a word-compound as your CamelCase suggests.

Smile
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 5:11:32 AM
vivendulies wrote:
•·.·•

BTW vivendulies is one word not a word-compound as your CamelCase suggests.

Smile

My bad... I changed the text in the pin title. Hope I have it right now.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 6:35:25 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

I want to show you a pin I just created using the Pinterest share button from my public storefront banner. ...

Ths image it pulls automatically is my store logo and I had to copy and paste the description from my store "about" tab. Then I had to manually add the title but I like the result.

I must be blind, I looked as store management view and as view as public and I don't see a share button on my storefront?
Here's a recent pin of mine using an image I use when I just want to promote my store in general: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/360499145172372461/

Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 7:23:06 AM
Col's Creations wrote:

I want to show you a pin I just created using the Pinterest share button from my public storefront banner. ...

I must be blind, I looked as store management view and as view as public and I don't see a share button on my storefront?
Here's a recent pin of mine using an image I use when I just want to promote my store in general: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/360499145172372461/

In Public view, it is on the Tabs line, over to the right underneath "Return to store management".
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 9:09:31 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
In Public view, it is on the Tabs line, over to the right underneath "Return to store management".

Huh. If I am logged in but viewing as Public, I see the share buttons there on the Collections, Followers and About tabs but not when I am on the Home or Products tab.
If I am actually logged out though, I see the share buttons there on all the tabs. Weird. Thanks for pointing me where to look, I didn't see it because I didn't try the other tabs, just the Home one.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 9:34:56 AM
Col's Creations wrote:

I like it. Noticed that your title deals with sales. Has that been effective for you?

The fact that you and others create this type of pins proves that many of us think its valuable...

Still waiting to get a feel on if designers have an interest in making a pin that promoters can use to promote individual artists stores...
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 10:02:15 AM
·▽·

imgbb.com got there phishing bug fixed.
For those without a pinterest account, imgbb is an option.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 10:39:25 AM
I am interested. I'm just still not sure how to do that... I can figure it out when/if you decide to do it.
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 11:21:05 AM
Quote:

Quote:
I like it. Noticed that your title deals with sales. Has that been effective for you?

Thankyou. I couldn't really judge effectiveness though. I've only really started pinning in the last month or so and that's all to group boards as they have far, far more followers than my own account. That particular pin, I pinned to three group boards 12 days ago and it has a total of 160 impressions, 1 save, and 1 click-through. I'm not knowledgeable enough re Pinterest yet to know if that's good, bad, or average.
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 12:16:32 PM
Col's Creations wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thankyou. I couldn't really judge effectiveness though. I've only really started pinning in the last month or so and that's all to group boards as they have far, far more followers than my own account. That particular pin, I pinned to three group boards 12 days ago and it has a total of 160 impressions, 1 save, and 1 click-through. I'm not knowledgeable enough re Pinterest yet to know if that's good, bad, or average.

FYI - Impressions are the number of times that someone has seen the pin. Doesn't mean that someone actually stopped to look at it, or clicked it to see more information, ie your full description... It could just show up in someones feed. If they scroll past it, but "see" it, it counts as an impression. I feel that's a "misleading" stat they provide us.

It is saves and click throughs that you want. The more of those you get, the more Pinterest shows your pin to others. 1 of each in less than 2 weeks certainly isn't bad.