jJust had an idea but want to see if other designers understand before i open a board 3 pages: [1] 2 3
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 6:09:17 PM
I just thought about creating Zazzle designer trade show boards that I would advertise on LinkedIn. It would be group boards for products such as wedding products or greeting cards with a specific section for each designer. Your section would be your trade show booth. It would be your opportunity to present yourself in your best light and at your most professional. The goal would be to get the attention of businesses such as wedding planners or retailers who would buy in bulk. You would be pinning your own products, adding any articles, and adding anything else you want to promote yourself and your products. G rated please.

Here is a description of trade shows.

https://www.shopify.com/encyclopedia/trade-show

Thoughts?
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 10:23:24 PM
It sounds interesting and like it might have good potential. I am not good with logistics but if you get it going please give clear instructions and guidelines and I hope to be able to participate!
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:40:36 AM
okay give me a couple of days
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:43:54 AM
Okay give me a couple of days. I am definitely dong one for weddings and one for greeting cards and I will take ideas for other Zazzle trade show boards.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:36:58 AM
MarBethHomeDecor wrote:
Okay give me a couple of days. I am definitely dong one for weddings and one for greeting cards and I will take ideas for other Zazzle trade show boards.


Sounds good to me no rush. I hope some others will get on board too.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:26:45 AM
I like the idea. I am not good at such things, so I have to depend on others to share my products. The more the merrier.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:33:29 AM
Trade Shows Are A Lot Of Work, And Can Be Very Costly For Booth Space. And You May Not Make Back That Money.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:25:19 AM
Vibes Of Color wrote:
Trade Shows Are A Lot Of Work, And Can Be Very Costly For Booth Space. And You May Not Make Back That Money.



This will be a virtual trade show on Pinterest with each designer having their own section(s) under a general theme instead of a booth. Ith would be intended to attract business owners such as a gift shop owner, who might want to add more unique greeting cards even if they are pricier or a line of souvenir postcard or maybe a florist, who wants different gift cards. The wedding products could target wedding planners, who want to give their clients more unique choices.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:07:24 AM
Than It Sounds Great. I'd Be For That. Let Us Know How We Can Join Your Board.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:25:03 PM
Sounds great to me....let me know the outcome.

ShelleyGrin
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2019 7:26:49 AM
MarBethHomeDecor wrote:
I just thought about creating Zazzle designer trade show boards that I would advertise on LinkedIn. It would be group boards for products such as wedding products or greeting cards with a specific section for each designer. Your section would be your trade show booth. It would be your opportunity to present yourself in your best light and at your most professional. The goal would be to get the attention of businesses such as wedding planners or retailers who would buy in bulk. You would be pinning your own products, adding any articles, and adding anything else you want to promote yourself and your products. G rated please.

Here is a description of trade shows.

https://www.shopify.com/encyclopedia/trade-show

Thoughts?

Suggestions--
Add wall art as its own section.
Add pets as a section.
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2019 11:46:23 AM
bequiet wrote:
MarBethHomeDecor wrote:
I just thought about creating Zazzle designer trade show boards that I would advertise on LinkedIn. It would be group boards for products such as wedding products or greeting cards with a specific section for each designer. Your section would be your trade show booth. It would be your opportunity to present yourself in your best light and at your most professional. The goal would be to get the attention of businesses such as wedding planners or retailers who would buy in bulk. You would be pinning your own products, adding any articles, and adding anything else you want to promote yourself and your products. G rated please.

Here is a description of trade shows.

https://www.shopify.com/encyclopedia/trade-show

Thoughts?

Suggestions--
Add wall art as its own section.
Add pets as a section.


I thought she meant that each designer will have a section... so I won't post in your section and you won't post in mine... they will be like our booth, if I am understanding correctly.
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2019 2:25:51 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
bequiet wrote:
MarBethHomeDecor wrote:
I just thought about creating Zazzle designer trade show boards that I would advertise on LinkedIn. It would be group boards for products such as wedding products or greeting cards with a specific section for each designer. Your section would be your trade show booth. It would be your opportunity to present yourself in your best light and at your most professional. The goal would be to get the attention of businesses such as wedding planners or retailers who would buy in bulk. You would be pinning your own products, adding any articles, and adding anything else you want to promote yourself and your products. G rated please.

Here is a description of trade shows.

https://www.shopify.com/encyclopedia/trade-show

Thoughts?

Suggestions--
Add wall art as its own section.
Add pets as a section.


I thought she meant that each designer will have a section... so I won't post in your section and you won't post in mine... they will be like our booth, if I am understanding correctly.



Yes that is right Shelli.

I will say that I was thinking of a third board for posters. Maybe a board for pet prodicts might be good. Products chosen for boards have to be products that already existing retailers could sell with to customers willing to pay more than Zazzles bulk rate for seemingly unique designs. Some pet owners go crazy pampering their pets.
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2019 1:04:27 AM
I just created two of the four boards. I have invited and added sections for all of you except bequiet because I couldn't find your Pinterest registration. Also, Shelley from The Charming Place, your invitaton said it was being sent by e-mail. as opposed to through the Pinterest message system.

I will wait for the four of you to try it before I post in the Design Request forum. You can try changing the name of your section and adding more sections for yourself such as one for greeting cards and one for calendars on the Stationery Trade Show board. Feel free to put links to your website, fancy up your section anyway you can on Pinterest and add non-product posts that will bring people in to read information on wedding stationery and trends or gifts for specific anniversaries. Also, provide any thoughts or feedback on the board description, hashtags, and anytthing related.


I will create a poster and a pet trade show board next.


https://www.pinterest.com/marilynscreativ/unofficial-zazzle-designer-wedding-trade-show/

https://www.pinterest.com/marilynscreativ/unofficial-zazzle-designer-stationery-trade-show/
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2019 1:43:25 AM
I just added some calendars to the stationery board and I was able to edit the name of my section. I could find no way to add any sub section or any other embellishments though. I am on my phone right now and will try from my computer later today.

I think this is a good idea that has potential especially if each designer would market the boards the are pinning to.
Thanks for your help and hard work Marbeth!
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2019 2:42:29 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I just added some calendars to the stationery board and I was able to edit the name of my section. I could find no way to add any sub section or any other embellishments though. I am on my phone right now and will try from my computer later today.

I think this is a good idea that has potential especially if each designer would market the boards the are pinning to.
Thanks for your help and hard work Marbeth!


If you want a new section, subsection, or embelishments and can't add them, let me know but you might have to help me add the ebellishments.
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2019 4:37:41 AM
Hi MarBeth,
I was unsure what you were talking about when you first brought up the idea of the tradeshow. Now that I see it, I would love to be involved and add my wedding products!
Thanks!
Lora Severson
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2019 9:43:37 AM
MarBethHolidays wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I just added some calendars to the stationery board and I was able to edit the name of my section. I could find no way to add any sub section or any other embellishments though. I am on my phone right now and will try from my computer later today.

I think this is a good idea that has potential especially if each designer would market the boards the are pinning to.
Thanks for your help and hard work Marbeth!


If you want a new section, subsection, or embelishments and can't add them, let me know but you might have to help me add the ebellishments.


I checked but I don't see any way to add them even from my computer but it's okay, it might get too complex that way anyway. the important info (my stores URLs) will be enough. I am excited to see what happens with these boards!
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2019 12:45:49 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
MarBethHolidays wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I just added some calendars to the stationery board and I was able to edit the name of my section. I could find no way to add any sub section or any other embellishments though. I am on my phone right now and will try from my computer later today.

I think this is a good idea that has potential especially if each designer would market the boards the are pinning to.
Thanks for your help and hard work Marbeth!


If you want a new section, subsection, or embelishments and can't add them, let me know but you might have to help me add the ebellishments.


I checked but I don't see any way to add them even from my computer but it's okay, it might get too complex that way anyway. the important info (my stores URLs) will be enough. I am excited to see what happens with these boards!


I will check settings to see if there is different settings with more control for colaborators. If not I will help you with setting it up the way you want. If you want different sections for calendars and greeting cards, I will add more sections for you if you can't. This you means everybody. Although I might get backed up a little at first because I am still writing some as I expand my income actvities.
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2019 12:58:43 PM
loraseverson wrote:
Hi MarBeth,
I was unsure what you were talking about when you first brought up the idea of the tradeshow. Now that I see it, I would love to be involved and add my wedding products!
Thanks!
Lora Severson


You have been sent an invitation and a section has been created for you.
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2019 1:09:26 PM
Thanks so much!
L
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2019 2:55:35 PM
MarBethHomeDecor wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
MarBethHolidays wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I just added some calendars to the stationery board and I was able to edit the name of my section. I could find no way to add any sub section or any other embellishments though. I am on my phone right now and will try from my computer later today.

I think this is a good idea that has potential especially if each designer would market the boards the are pinning to.
Thanks for your help and hard work Marbeth!


If you want a new section, subsection, or embelishments and can't add them, let me know but you might have to help me add the ebellishments.


I checked but I don't see any way to add them even from my computer but it's okay, it might get too complex that way anyway. the important info (my stores URLs) will be enough. I am excited to see what happens with these boards!


I will check settings to see if there is different settings with more control for colaborators. If not I will help you with setting it up the way you want. If you want different sections for calendars and greeting cards, I will add more sections for you if you can't. This you means everybody. Although I might get backed up a little at first because I am still writing some as I expand my income actvities.


I am good with just the one section dedicated to my products. I will just practice a little strategic pinning and keep them in groups, thanks for being willing to set this up for us!
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:37:29 AM
loraseverson wrote:
Thanks so much!
L


Sorry, I messed up and just added you to the stationery board. you are now also on the wedding board.
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:48:06 AM
Got it! Hopefully I will get to work on it today!
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 11:42:17 AM
I am working on adding note cards and postcards to my shop. And filling in notebooks and spirals and such. Your board does not mention the notebooks and things, so I don't know if you would like those included, but I would love to be added to your stationery section for at least my note cards and postcards.

Also, if you do end up doing a poster section I have a nice collection of them.

Thanks for considering,
Malissa
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 1:56:58 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
I am working on adding note cards and postcards to my shop. And filling in notebooks and spirals and such. Your board does not mention the notebooks and things, so I don't know if you would like those included, but I would love to be added to your stationery section for at least my note cards and postcards.

Also, if you do end up doing a poster section I have a nice collection of them.

Thanks for considering,
Malissa


I would be interested in the posters board as well. In fact if it were all wall art I have an abundance.
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 3:30:33 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
I am working on adding note cards and postcards to my shop. And filling in notebooks and spirals and such. Your board does not mention the notebooks and things, so I don't know if you would like those included, but I would love to be added to your stationery section for at least my note cards and postcards.

Also, if you do end up doing a poster section I have a nice collection of them.

Thanks for considering,
Malissa


Notebooks are fine. I will add them to the list.
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 3:32:46 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
I am working on adding note cards and postcards to my shop. And filling in notebooks and spirals and such. Your board does not mention the notebooks and things, so I don't know if you would like those included, but I would love to be added to your stationery section for at least my note cards and postcards.

Also, if you do end up doing a poster section I have a nice collection of them.

Thanks for considering,
Malissa


I would be interested in the posters board as well. In fact if it were all wall art I have an abundance.


To both, I will get the poster board up and leave it open to all wall art.
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 4:08:45 PM
I forgot to leave my Pinterest link. I'm here: https://www.pinterest.com/malissamelrose/

And I forgot to say thank you!
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 5:33:02 PM
MarBethHomeDecor wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
I am working on adding note cards and postcards to my shop. And filling in notebooks and spirals and such. Your board does not mention the notebooks and things, so I don't know if you would like those included, but I would love to be added to your stationery section for at least my note cards and postcards.

Also, if you do end up doing a poster section I have a nice collection of them.

Thanks for considering,
Malissa


I would be interested in the posters board as well. In fact if it were all wall art I have an abundance.


To both, I will get the poster board up and leave it open to all wall art.


Thanks MarBeth! we appreciate your hard work!
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded