How to Pinterest 3 pages: 1 2 [3]
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 7:01:08 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:

Do you find you really have to work at it to keep up those numbers? I had a personal goal of one million average monthly viewers. I got up close to 800,000 but as soon as I slacked off a little, those numbers fell fast. I think I’m down to 500,000-something now, and dropping. I’ve already lost interest in my experiment, lol.

Yes! I neglected P for a day and had a huge drop two days ago and then yesterday again.

The thing I like about it - normally - is that you do things and you see the rewards in a day or two. It doesn't get stuck like zRank or take weeks for the results to materialize, so I've been motivated to keep at it. Looking at my stats, it seems the pins from my own site matter a LOT.

I know consistency is important, but gosh, I can't Pinterest 24/7!

But, still, I have more views/shares/clicks/sales generated there than anywhere else.
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 7:10:27 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

I know consistency is important, but gosh, I can't Pinterest 24/7!

I hear ya! Pinteresting (I made up that word Grin ) is easy and somewhat mindless, but it's not particularly interesting to me. I thought it would be fun to get to a million viewers, but I have other things to do. lol On the other hand, it drives SO MUCH traffic to my website. The website that I woefully neglect...
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 7:30:01 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:
My Pinterest account has just under 800 thousand avg monthly viewers and growing,

Do you find you really have to work at it to keep up those numbers? I had a personal goal of one million average monthly viewers. I got up close to 800,000 but as soon as I slacked off a little, those numbers fell fast. I think I’m down to 500,000-something now, and dropping. I’ve already lost interest in my experiment, lol.

I do it the lazy way. I use IFTTT to post anything new in selected stores for me. That seems to keep new pins posted around the clock. https://www.pinterest.com/emerald_sta0367/boards/
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 9:31:34 AM
I know what you mean, @AugieDoggyStore! I do like Pinteresting ;) most of the time. It's enjoyable compared to other tasks because I pin in my niche (for sales) and interests (for views) and there's a lot of crossover between the two, which I believe is a winning combo. On my website, I committed mentally to a high-volume strategy for November. It's sort of wearing me out. lol

I use a combo of IFTTT and manual pinning. I don't use it for all of my newly published things because I don't like pinning the same look that many times in a row, and I tend to publish anywhere between 30 and 120 related things at one time. That'd be a lot of repeats! I've recently discovered a pinner with no fewer than 10(?) accounts auto-pinning from the MP though. When they say we have to have 500 Linkovers a day to be a 'successful' affiliate, maybe that's the ticket? Not really my style and, considering the circumstances of the Z program, I mostly pin other Designers for the engagement on styles and products I don't design myself. So I've settled for a small stream, like you, @Emerald_star.

Overall, I'm still excited about Pinterest though. Not always happy when they make changes, but most of them are improvements, and the ones that fail hard are retracted when high-level pinners give negative feedback. They're embracing selling and affiliates, and there aren't a lot of platforms doing that. I feel like they value their users. Usually.
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 10:22:07 AM
500 linkovers a day? Shocked I don't think I've ever gotten that many. My referrals come far and away from Facebook, and from my website. These are mainly existing followers. I pin dog pictures on Pinterest to get clicks to my website, and hopefully once there people will find my shop link.

Emerald_Star wrote:

I do it the lazy way. I use IFTTT to post anything new in selected stores for me. That seems to keep new pins posted around the clock. https://www.pinterest.com/emerald_sta0367/boards/

I don't think that's lazy; I'd call it efficient!
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 10:27:38 AM
Emerald_Star wrote:
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:
My Pinterest account has just under 800 thousand avg monthly viewers and growing,

how did you set up your applet? or do you have one I could use?

I use IFTTT to post my new tweets to my website and other various things but would love to use it to schedule new pins from my Z shops!

Ps. I am good at using ready made applets but not so good at creating them...
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 10:39:35 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
500 linkovers a day? Shocked I don't think I've ever gotten that many. My referrals come far and away from Facebook, and from my website. These are mainly existing followers. I pin dog pictures on Pinterest to get clicks to my website, and hopefully once there people will find my shop link.

Last year somewhere, I'm 99.9% sure Elizabeth said "50 to 500" and in September 2018, "Most of our successful Associates send over 500+ clicks per day, or cater to a very niche (targeted) audience who converts at a high rate."

Based on my conversion rate, I'd have to give up sleep and figure out time hopping. So I'm still trying to figure out the algebra for affiliate + income = bliss. Since my Linkovers tanked, a lot of time hopping.
Laughing

Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 10:53:54 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned but Pinterest has added back the stats views on your own pins without looking into the pin. AND we now have the following feed back!

I think they don't update mobile as often as desktop - I never lost my following feed. Or Explore, which P announced was going away.

I'm on desktop. Perhaps it is Safari. Smile

LM Gildersleeve wrote:
On a side note, today I can't find how I add a website and do other adminy things. Stick out tongue

Quote:
Click the three dots in the upper right corner and choose Settings. You should find a place there to add your website.

It was a bug. All day there was no option to do so. Smile
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 10:54:53 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:

Emerald_Star wrote:

I don't think that's lazy; I'd call it efficient!

How does anybody ever get 500 linkovers in a day. I have never had anything even close to that.

btw: Didn't you know that "efficent" was invented by lazy people so they would not have to work so hard? Stick out tongue
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 10:59:55 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:

how did you set up your applet? or do you have one I could use?

I use IFTTT to post my new tweets to my website and other various things but would love to use it to schedule new pins from my Z shops!

Ps. I am good at using ready made applets but not so good at creating them...

I create my own applets. One applet per store with a store specific rss feed.
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 11:00:49 AM
Emerald_Star wrote:

How does anybody ever get 500 linkovers in a day. I have never had anything even close to that.

I used to get that when I would tweet to two different accounts 24 - 48 (on each account) times in a 24 hour period. It was all automated but exhausting non the less and with no results. Needless to say I don't do that any more.
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 12:01:50 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

Last year somewhere, I'm 99.9% sure Elizabeth said "50 to 500" and in September 2018, "Most of our successful Associates send over 500+ clicks per day, or cater to a very niche (targeted) audience who converts at a high rate."

I'm going to go with me having a more targeted niche audience who wants to buy. I don't need Looky Lou's who don't intend to purchase anything. Laughing
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 12:39:38 PM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

I'm going to go with me having a more targeted niche audience who wants to buy. I don't need Looky Lou's who don't intend to purchase anything. Laughing

OK, Just how do you find them thar nitch audiences with money to burn? I would like to find a few of them myself.
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 1:12:43 PM
Emerald_Star wrote:
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

OK, Just how do you find them thar nitch audiences with money to burn? I would like to find a few of them myself.

Well I already had people following me on my website and Facebook before I had a Zazzle store. So they buy from me in particular because they like my dogs Smile As for “how to,” you have to start off with a niche topic and go out and talk to like-minded people on social media.
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 1:26:18 PM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:

Well I already had people following me on my website and Facebook before I had a Zazzle store. So they buy from me in particular because they like my dogs Smile As for “how to,” you have to start off with a niche topic and go out and talk to like-minded people on social media.

I was going to say "it's those dog people!" My family represents that, so I know! LOL!

Since none of us is into everything or designs everything, part of my Pinterest strategy has been to pin things I would never make or buy routinely. When they get repinned a lot, I know to pin more. That rule applies to anything. Anything that gets a lot of repins, I find a way to capitalize on it. I have a rug I repinned from someone else, and it's been repinned 100 times, so I applied to their program.

I've found there's a way to incorporate something from one of my affiliate programs to nearly every trend. Zazzle is easy.

Current trends -
- Christmas gifts - that's easy!
- Thanksgiving crafts for kids - stickers, scrapbooking paper, those food sticker-y things, temp tattoos, fabric.
- Apartment decorating - anything decor.
- Master bedroom ideas - anything decor.
- Funny memes can't stop laughing - funny cards.
- Turkey disguise project ideas (not making that up) - funny Thanksgiving T-shirts.
- Rangoli designs - had to look that up, but I'm sure there are Z designs fitting that

Find what works. Repeat.
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 3:20:52 PM
One of my most popular repins is a rose made out of autumn leaves. How can I tie that into a Zazzle product?
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 3:57:32 PM
randysgrandma wrote:
One of my most popular repins is a rose made out of autumn leaves. How can I tie that into a Zazzle product?

I just searched it - love the colors, but I live in a place where those leaves would be green all year long. We have a lot of people who relocated from the north east to the tropics who still like "fall," even though we don't have one here.

Also, leaves will eventually fall apart. A DIY-er might want to make a more permanent bouquet would do that out of paper or fabric even.

- Stationery, Wrapping Paper, or fabric with autumn leaves to cut out and make the same rose.

Call it a trend and tie into -
- A decoupage something or another
- Gift wrap
- Home decor
and so on

Did you make one? You could make a Collection and use a photo of the rose as part of the Cover Photo, tying it into the "trendy" Products.

Smile
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2018 5:53:04 AM
Yes I made one, but I used those artificial fall leaves that come in a package from the Dollar Tree.It is not going to fade, crumble or fall apart. It did turn out beautiful. I put a picture of the one I made on Pinterest on the "Did you try this pin" section. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/280067670563019469/
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:07:57 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Also, I would like to apologize if I sounded negative or discouraging- especially in regard to the time and generosity involved in sharing what has actually worked. The information in this thread is really invaluable and will work if your keep at it and are consistent.
Love

No need to apologize (to me, anyway), and you didn't sound negative, but if you did, you're allowed. lol

I used to feel like I shouldn't pin my affiliate products also. Then it dawned on me that the algorithm didn't show me the pins of people I followed - so it probably wasn't showing those people my pins either. Then they changed things and changed again, until we're forced to click a specific button to look at those pins.

Your designs are beautiful. The people who follow you would probably love to see them. Pin things you genuinely feel would make great gifts or you personally love. Pin a few and see what happens. Or not. Not trying to pressure you. But I didn't lose any followers when I started pinning products though, and I only pin things that I feel confident offer value. That's what I'm trying to say.

I'm taking the RoyK challenge! lol
A few days ago I changed my account to a business account so I can see my stats on Pinterest and I am working on using the niffty applet to pin more of my items from Zazzle. I am going to try and do the 40 pins a day for a couple of months and see what happens.
-Malissa
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:46:43 AM
Has anyone experienced their pins being "hacked" not hacked really just screenshotted and the text line copied and pasted exactly but the link goes to their own website and product? This happens to me A LOT.

On one hand people are seeing my coffee mugs so that's a plus but then it links to a survival knife or something like that.

What would you do? Report the pins or let it lie?
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 6:51:31 AM
J's Zazzle Store wrote:
Has anyone experienced their pins being "hacked" not hacked really just screenshotted and the text line copied and pasted exactly but the link goes to their own website and product? This happens to me A LOT.

On one hand people are seeing my coffee mugs so that's a plus but then it links to a survival knife or something like that.

Honestly, I haven't checked my repins to see what they link to. But I have noticed a lot of diy and tutorial links that actually go to an advertisement instead of a tutorial. When I do, I just leave a comment that the link does not go to a tutorial but to an advertisement. Don't know what good it does but I hope people read the comment and don't click.
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 6:56:46 AM
I only notice them because they show up in my feed of pins I might like, and then I look to see if it's another Zazzler who has promoted me. Nope...it's a screenshot.
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:29:19 AM
J's Zazzle Store wrote:

I stumbled on a person who takes screen shots from my Collections Covers and website, and the links go to her website. She has 60k Pins and every one I clicked does that. Not one goes to a page with the image or product or whatever. It was so extreme that I reported her, and they said I could report each infringement individually. Of course, I can only report the ones infringing on my rights, so I did. Apparently they don't care about the rest, even though they say they want to eliminate spam.

I always pay attention to the "other pins like this" section just to see who's sharing my stuff. That's how I found that person with 10 or whatever accounts and with all those thousands of Z pins and this person.
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:34:54 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:

I'm taking the RoyK challenge! lol
A few days ago I changed my account to a business account so I can see my stats on Pinterest and I am working on using the niffty applet to pin more of my items from Zazzle. I am going to try and do the 40 pins a day for a couple of months and see what happens.
-Malissa

Laughing I'm glad!

40 a day is my goal too. I think it's a good number. Then mingle in other pins and repins.

Good luck, and post, if you have questions!
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:45:15 AM
J's Zazzle Store wrote:

Happens all the time. I report each one that I see.

When Pinterest was newer, people could take your pin and change your website link to theirs when repinning. Pinterest stopped allowing that, so this is a new tactic.

edit: After I typed that, I went to Pinterest and the first thing on my feed was a hijacked pin. They took a screenshot of something from my Zazzle store and linked it to their pet shop. Reported.
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 9:29:02 AM
Thanks Everyone
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 8:15:24 AM
So if you read the Zazzle Blog, you'll see that Elizabeth contradicts my advice of:
Quote:
Don't be too specific
- "Pillows" is better than "Boho Wedding Pillows"

She even used Z's "Boho" Wedding Board in her example! Laughing

So who's right and what to do?

Like so many things related to SEO and marketing, people's circumstances, experiences, and opinions are different. That makes their advice different. So we're both right! My boards are some very broad (mostly) and some specific. Zazzle's are too!

For me, it depends on the topic. Recipes is a HUGE topic, and I would split that down to maybe Desserts, Appetizers, etc. Weddings is a huge topic, and I might split that down. Decor is huge, and Pillows - used in my example - is already split. For me and my following, I wouldn't split it down to bedroom pillows or boho pillows.

It also depends on my pinning strategy. If I'm going to pin a thousand wedding invitations a week, it would make sense to split thematically. If I'm going to pin 60 invitations a week and they're split across events, then I wouldn't narrow that focus - I'd do a broad Invitations Board.

Like anything, use your best judgment based on your niche and content.

Smile
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 8:20:46 AM
Some of you are pulling really small images that look blurry into your Pins. I noticed because Pinterest showed me that you're pinning my Products (THANK YOU!).
Grin

I saw 3 blurry pins, accidentally clicked something and then the page refreshed, and they were gone, so I don't know who you are. Sorry.

It happened once before, and I think it was one of the feed services, so you might check your automated feeds, if you use them.
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 8:23:00 AM
If you have specific hashtags you're targeting, consider adding them to your Titles or Descriptions on Zazzle Products.

When I share other Designers' Products manually, I usually copy/paste the Description - adding hashtags saves me time, and I'll remember which Designers do that and share them more. If I'm using automation, then the Title is all that's picked up, and your hashtags will help targeting.

Optional, of course, but that's my thinking.