Hmmm. . . make your collections popular by calling them Best Sellers
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 3:10:28 PM
This is so annoying to me, but perhaps it is effective to call your collection Zazzle Best Sellers - or some variation thereof.

Should we all do it and see what happens?

https://www.zazzle.com/collections
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:52:16 PM
LOL! I really dislike "bestsellers" as one word, but it seems to work.

Not trying to be the pot calling the kettle "black" though. I do have Collections titled Best Sellers. I hand-picked what I liked out of the first pages of Popular Sort, which one would believe are, in fact, the best sellers. I pull them onto an affiliate website from the Collection. Don't other people do that for affiliating?
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:51:31 PM
I use several terms on my collections. "Alcoholics Only", "For women who own cats", "Gender Neutral" and such. I don't make a lot of sales from my collections..
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:03:27 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
LOL! I really dislike "bestsellers" as one word, but it seems to work.

Not trying to be the pot calling the kettle "black" though. I do have Collections titled Best Sellers. I hand-picked what I liked out of the first pages of Popular Sort, which one would believe are, in fact, the best sellers. I pull them onto an affiliate website from the Collection. Don't other people do that for affiliating?

LOL, I am a bad marketer! I get it now, but as a customer, that's not a useful title. Best seller wedding stuff, best seller ping pong paddles, yes, but not a generic everything best seller. I've seen people add best seller to their key words, too. It does work to bring them up in the searches.
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:04:06 PM
Softproduct wrote:
I use several terms on my collections. "Alcoholics Only", "For women who own cats", "Gender Neutral" and such. I don't make a lot of sales from my collections..

That audience-specific targeting is supposed to be super-effective, Steve!
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:07:28 PM
Softproduct wrote:
"For women who own cats"

This is your problem, right here. Have you ever met a cat? No one owns them.
Grin

Try "Bestselling Cats" or "Those Who Serve Cats," see how that works out for ya. Lol
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:33:07 PM
Beachwalker wrote:

LOL, I am a bad marketer! I get it now, but as a customer, that's not a useful title. Best seller wedding stuff, best seller ping pong paddles, yes, but not a generic everything best seller. I've seen people add best seller to their key words, too. It does work to bring them up in the searches.

As a customer, I care what's best selling when I'm comparing PRODUCTS, as in "the one that sells best might be the best" battery or blender. When it comes to DESIGN, I don't care what anyone else likes. So it took me a while to get behind labeling any Collections that way b/c Zazzle is design focused mostly. Here are 5 shapes of Pillows in 3 fabrics. Pick one. Here are 3,837,754 Designs - that's Z's specialty.

Has using 'best selling' helped? I don't really think so. I promote my niche and customization more than popularity.

I wouldn't use search that way. Probably b/c I do this for a living, so I know the best sellers are typically at the top of search no matter what search term I use - there's just no need to add "best sellers." Maybe that's all that happens with those Collections - it's not that the Collections are all that popular, but they contain the popular Products/Designs.
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:50:26 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
Softproduct wrote:
"For women who own cats"

This is your problem, right here. Have you ever met a cat? No one owns them.
Grin

Try "Bestselling Cats" or "Those Who Serve Cats," see how that works out for ya. Lol

Aha! "Those who serve cats" is just crazy enough to nail the demographic! Idea Love it.Smile
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:56:24 PM
yeah, I have some collections of bestsellers as well and I also use the word best in my collection titles, such as best of my this and best of my that... sorry if it annoys you. I do try to make sure that if my collection is titled bestsellers whether mine or not that they really are best selling items and my best of collections are in my humble opinion what I deem to be my best designs for this or that...

I never tried using it as a tag... hmmm

Ps @Roy and Steve... don't you dare tell my cats that I don't own them! I raised them with dogs so they don't even know they are cats... Laughing
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:55:55 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
@Roy and Steve... don't you dare tell my cats that I don't own them! I raised them with dogs so they don't even know they are cats... Laughing

Idea Laughing