Has anyone ever earned a referral from Pinterest? 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 2:01:44 PM
Joco wrote:
I have earned about 5 or six and most were my own from pinning my own products to my board. Someone clicked on it and bought it from my board. Once another person pins to their board, it no longer contains your affiliate link. However, and this is how I found your thread, the last couple of days when I pin my items to the board, my affiliate link is no longer there. In the past, I could click on a particular pin and you would see my affiliate link on the pin AND if I clicked on the pin I would see my affiliate number in the browser directing to that product. This no longer the case as of this last week, and I don't know what is going on. Just a few minutes ago, I clicked on some that have been on my board for at least a year, and they are all gone, so this is not a current thing- of it not transferring from Zazzle to Pinterest. Every affiliate link is gone and I have around 700 pins. I don't if Zazzle doesn't want to pay out the affiliate commission or if Pinterest has gone in and erased all links. Maybe Zazzle thinks that no one will notice, they'll just pin them to their board and go on. If someone knows something I don't know please clue me in.

Could you post a link to one of the Pins that doesn't have you referral id. All my recent ones (pinned with Nifty) are fine.

I suspect you haven't noticed that, in recent times, Zazzle has been using their own internal link shortener, so you won't actually see your referral id in the link.

If you drop off that pin link here, I'll take a look for you.
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:22:18 PM
HightonRidley wrote:

I suspect you haven't noticed that, in recent times, Zazzle has been using their own internal link shortener, so you won't actually see your referral id in the link.

Nope, the referral ID is still separatly attached.

The Url may vary, depending from which page you collect the URL: https://www.zazzle.com/z/lhe04?rf=238561640361616664

but the rf-ID is still in plain view.

Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 11:59:38 PM
I haven't made a referral in years, but I do post on Pinterest and had several websites. If you figure out the trick, please let me know.
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:19:48 AM
vivendulies wrote:
HightonRidley wrote:

Nope, the referral ID is still separatly attached.

The Url may vary, depending from which page you collect the URL: https://www.zazzle.com/z/lhe04?rf=238561640361616664

but the rf-ID is still in plain view.

Thanks for that, Vivendulies. I see things have changed since I last checked. Since I now do absolutely all my promoting with Nifty I didn't know about the change.
Learning, learning, every day a school day!
Laughing
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 1:00:13 PM
I generally earn from $50.00 to $100.00 per month from Pinterest.
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:13:14 PM
Emerald_Star wrote:

Wow! you are doing great! that gives me hope!Smile
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:23:09 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:

Wow! you are doing great! that gives me hope!Smile

Well, it took a while to get to that point. Most all comes from one Pinterest account. I am working on a second Pinterest account, trying to build it up to the same level, but it is a slow slog. But I have hopes of getting there.
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 12:32:42 PM
Shelli, Thank you SO much for that tip on how to know if your associate ID is on a pin on Pinterest. I have been asking Zazzle numerous times if when I hit the Pinterest button on someone's product and pin it to my board, if my associate ID would be present and they keep sending me the generic info sheet on it. I've read it but it's a lot to absorb.

Now, my associate ID IS on a pin I just pinned. So, now if someone lands on it and decides to buy it within 45 days, would I get a referral bonus?

I appreciate all of your help...I really do! Thank you!
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 1:52:43 PM
NorthernMaple wrote:
Shelli, Thank you SO much for that tip on how to know if your associate ID is on a pin on Pinterest. I have been asking Zazzle numerous times if when I hit the Pinterest button on someone's product and pin it to my board, if my associate ID would be present and they keep sending me the generic info sheet on it. I've read it but it's a lot to absorb.

Now, my associate ID IS on a pin I just pinned. So, now if someone lands on it and decides to buy it within 45 days, would I get a referral bonus?

I appreciate all of your help...I really do! Thank you!

I am glad I could help.

re: referral bonuses you are correct that it is how it should work if everything lines up just right... meaning 1.the person who clicks has not disabled cookies 2.your referral cookie does not get overwritten by another cookie before they make the purchase.

Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:19:51 PM
Yes I have earned referrals, it’s nice the Zazzle offers this. Smile