Has anyone ever earned a referral from Pinterest? 3 pages: 1 [2] 3
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 2:01:44 PM
Joco wrote:
I have earned about 5 or six and most were my own from pinning my own products to my board. Someone clicked on it and bought it from my board. Once another person pins to their board, it no longer contains your affiliate link. However, and this is how I found your thread, the last couple of days when I pin my items to the board, my affiliate link is no longer there. In the past, I could click on a particular pin and you would see my affiliate link on the pin AND if I clicked on the pin I would see my affiliate number in the browser directing to that product. This no longer the case as of this last week, and I don't know what is going on. Just a few minutes ago, I clicked on some that have been on my board for at least a year, and they are all gone, so this is not a current thing- of it not transferring from Zazzle to Pinterest. Every affiliate link is gone and I have around 700 pins. I don't if Zazzle doesn't want to pay out the affiliate commission or if Pinterest has gone in and erased all links. Maybe Zazzle thinks that no one will notice, they'll just pin them to their board and go on. If someone knows something I don't know please clue me in.

Could you post a link to one of the Pins that doesn't have you referral id. All my recent ones (pinned with Nifty) are fine.

I suspect you haven't noticed that, in recent times, Zazzle has been using their own internal link shortener, so you won't actually see your referral id in the link.

If you drop off that pin link here, I'll take a look for you.
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:22:18 PM
HightonRidley wrote:

I suspect you haven't noticed that, in recent times, Zazzle has been using their own internal link shortener, so you won't actually see your referral id in the link.

Nope, the referral ID is still separatly attached.

The Url may vary, depending from which page you collect the URL: https://www.zazzle.com/z/lhe04?rf=238561640361616664

but the rf-ID is still in plain view.

Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 11:59:38 PM
I haven't made a referral in years, but I do post on Pinterest and had several websites. If you figure out the trick, please let me know.
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:19:48 AM
vivendulies wrote:
HightonRidley wrote:

Nope, the referral ID is still separatly attached.

The Url may vary, depending from which page you collect the URL: https://www.zazzle.com/z/lhe04?rf=238561640361616664

but the rf-ID is still in plain view.

Thanks for that, Vivendulies. I see things have changed since I last checked. Since I now do absolutely all my promoting with Nifty I didn't know about the change.
Learning, learning, every day a school day!
Laughing
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 1:00:13 PM
I generally earn from $50.00 to $100.00 per month from Pinterest.
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:13:14 PM
Emerald_Star wrote:

Wow! you are doing great! that gives me hope!Smile
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:23:09 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:

Wow! you are doing great! that gives me hope!Smile

Well, it took a while to get to that point. Most all comes from one Pinterest account. I am working on a second Pinterest account, trying to build it up to the same level, but it is a slow slog. But I have hopes of getting there.
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 12:32:42 PM
Shelli, Thank you SO much for that tip on how to know if your associate ID is on a pin on Pinterest. I have been asking Zazzle numerous times if when I hit the Pinterest button on someone's product and pin it to my board, if my associate ID would be present and they keep sending me the generic info sheet on it. I've read it but it's a lot to absorb.

Now, my associate ID IS on a pin I just pinned. So, now if someone lands on it and decides to buy it within 45 days, would I get a referral bonus?

I appreciate all of your help...I really do! Thank you!
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 1:52:43 PM
NorthernMaple wrote:
Shelli, Thank you SO much for that tip on how to know if your associate ID is on a pin on Pinterest. I have been asking Zazzle numerous times if when I hit the Pinterest button on someone's product and pin it to my board, if my associate ID would be present and they keep sending me the generic info sheet on it. I've read it but it's a lot to absorb.

Now, my associate ID IS on a pin I just pinned. So, now if someone lands on it and decides to buy it within 45 days, would I get a referral bonus?

I am glad I could help.

re: referral bonuses you are correct that it is how it should work if everything lines up just right... meaning 1.the person who clicks has not disabled cookies 2.your referral cookie does not get overwritten by another cookie before they make the purchase.

Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:19:51 PM
Yes I have earned referrals, it’s nice the Zazzle offers this. Smile
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:09:45 PM
NorthernMaple wrote:

I am glad I could help.

re: referral bonuses you are correct that it is how it should work if everything lines up just right... meaning 1.the person who clicks has not disabled cookies 2.your referral cookie does not get overwritten by another cookie before they make the purchase.

I had asked Zazzle if this is how it works and they said, No, you can't just get a referral by sharing. I pinned other people's products to my boards and I hovered over the pin and my Associate ID is there...it all seems like one big mystery to me! lol It's making me go grey before my time...or it might just be my time Smile
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:26:38 PM
NorthernMaple wrote:
NorthernMaple wrote:

I am glad I could help.

I had asked Zazzle if this is how it works and they said, No, you can't just get a referral by sharing. I pinned other people's products to my boards and I hovered over the pin and my Associate ID is there...it all seems like one big mystery to me! lol It's making me go grey before my time...or it might just be my time Smile

Yes, you can get referrals just by sharing. There's lots of us who do just that and regulary get referrals. We've got a Facebook group where we share info about our referral successes.
If you look out for the Nifty tools here on the forum, you'll find out more. I don't want to post yet another link to it and appear pushy, lol!
Laughing
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:14:24 PM
NorthernMaple wrote:
NorthernMaple wrote:

I am glad I could help.

Well they are wrong...it is not always easy but it can be done. in fact you can email a link to someone and as long as they have cookies enabled and they go straight to the product page, make the purchase and do not click on any other links before they pay, you will get the referral.

But... if they click on any other link it is possible that someone elses referral cookie will override yours. That is why I say it is not always easy.

I know because I have done it this way with custom orders.
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 5:24:43 PM
So, then I'm doing the right thing? Just hitting the Pinterest share button and voila?!
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 6:18:48 PM
NorthernMaple wrote:
So, then I'm doing the right thing? Just hitting the Pinterest share button and voila?!

yes, your referral id is already included in the link and now if someone picks up your cookie comes to Zazzle and buys something (it doesn't even have to be your product) assuming your cookie sticks to the checkout you should get the referral.

all of the share buttons have your referral id included so whether you tweet, Facebook, email, pin or G+ you are spreading your referral link around.

Don't forget that after April 1st there will be a one time opt out purge of all associates who have not gotten a referral in the last six months so you will need to go into settings and enroll manually by ticking the box. but after that you should be good to go.

here is the news announcement about it.

https://forum.zazzle.com/news/zazzle_associates_program_enrollment_update
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 6:38:27 PM
Thank you for the link. I just went into my associate center and I still see my associate ID. I guess that will go after April 1 and then I'll see an box to manually opt in. I don't see that box right now. My only referral was on Aug 8th of last year. So, unless I miraculously get a referral between now and April 1, I'll have to go and do this.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and time with us. There still are some good people out there! Smile
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 7:05:35 PM
NorthernMaple wrote:
Thank you for the link. I just went into my associate center and I still see my associate ID. I guess that will go after April 1 and then I'll see an box to manually opt in. I don't see that box right now. My only referral was on Aug 8th of last year. So, unless I miraculously get a referral between now and April 1, I'll have to go and do this.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and time with us. There still are some good people out there! Smile

you're welcome. I learned most of what I know about Zazzle in these forums and by trial and error. I am also still learning but always happy to help a colleague. Smile
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 8:02:11 PM
I truly appreciate it Smile
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:25:46 PM
It is Pinterest - I used to get referrals from my pins (wedding invitations - not my products) and now they are all gone and when I tried to add my referral id, the link does not show it at all.
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:11:14 PM
-.-

Even if you only invest a few shares every other week, like me and mostly share your own items once they are created you get

Total Linkovers: 7391

Which translates for me in one or two referrals a month.

Now just imagine you take a keyword a day and share for 15 minutes per day, the linkover count will be much higher and the likelihood for referral income increases.
Smile
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:46:09 AM
vivendulies wrote:
-.-

Even if you only invest a few shares every other week, like me and mostly share your own items once they are created you get

Now just imagine you take a keyword a day and share for 15 minutes per day, the linkover count will be much higher and the likelihood for referral income increases.
Smile

How many linkovers per day? I used to average around 20 linkovers per day then one day I was messing around with my Pinterest account and suddenly I was getting between 110 to 175 linkovers per day. I am still trying to figure out exactly what I did to do that so I can do it again.
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:07:59 AM
Emerald_Star wrote:
vivendulies wrote:
-.-

Smile

How many linkovers per day? I used to average around 20 linkovers per day then one day I was messing around with my Pinterest account and suddenly I was getting between 110 to 175 linkovers per day. I am still trying to figure out exactly what I did to do that so I can do it again.

Varies. When I have a link share frenzy and I'm very active on pinterest I have more but my effort is usually extremely small and my numbers are small accordingly.

Many days it's less than ten.
-.-
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 8:57:20 AM
Emerald_Star wrote:
vivendulies wrote:
-.-

Smile

I share products to Pinterest and Twitter nearly everyday and my daily linkovers fluctuate between 10 and 45 per day. Total of over 60 thousand all time. I get less than one referral a month but hoping that changes soon since I bought a subscription to the nifty share tool.
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:42:02 PM
Emerald_Star wrote:
vivendulies wrote:
-.-

Smile

I share products to Pinterest and Twitter nearly everyday and my daily linkovers fluctuate between 10 and 45 per day. Total of over 60 thousand all time. I get less than one referral a month but hoping that changes soon since I bought a subscription to the nifty share tool.

So far, as of this posting, I have had 27 referral sales for April alone.
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 4:49:41 PM
Emerald_Star wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:
vivendulies wrote:
-.-

Smile

that is amazing! do you use nifty?
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:26:21 AM
Emerald_Star wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:
vivendulies wrote:
-.-

Smile

No. I use IFTTT.
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:00:25 AM
Emerald_Star wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:
vivendulies wrote:
-.-

Smile

No. I use IFTTT.

I am using Nifttty which uses IFTTT so I am encouraged!
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:36:23 AM
Emerald_Star wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:
vivendulies wrote:
-.-

Smile

No. I use IFTTT.

I use IFTTT to automatically post products as they are made from a number of active Zazzle stores that make a lot of quality designs. That generates a steady flow of product postings to my Pinterest account so that there is always some activity there. Through IFTTT each store has its own board that it posts to. I usually use the store name or some variant thereof as the board name. Then I suppliment that with specality themed boards, such as "mothers day" or "summer weddings" etc that I manually post hand picked products to. My main Pinterest account now has 1.2M to 1.3M avg monthly visitors and about 7500 followers.

I might add that I got my big jump in linkovers, from avg 20 per day to avg 140 per day, after I went to Zazzle's own Pinterest account and took a good close look at what they were doing - that is, what kind of products were they posting, how were they nameing their boards, what kind of board descriptions were they using, etc., and then applied what I had learned to my own Pinterest account. I did not copy anything they did, but applied the principles they were using to my own specality boards.
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 11:22:49 AM
Emerald_Star wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:
Emerald_Star wrote:
vivendulies wrote:
-.-

Smile

No. I use IFTTT.

I use IFTTT to automatically post products as they are made from a number of active Zazzle stores that make a lot of quality designs. That generates a steady flow of product postings to my Pinterest account so that there is always some activity there. Through IFTTT each store has its own board that it posts to. I usually use the store name or some variant thereof as the board name. Then I suppliment that with specality themed boards, such as "mothers day" or "summer weddings" etc that I manually post hand picked products to. My main Pinterest account now has 1.2M to 1.3M avg monthly visitors and about 7500 followers.

I might add that I got my big jump in linkovers, from avg 20 per day to avg 140 per day, after I went to Zazzle's own Pinterest account and took a good close look at what they were doing - that is, what kind of products were they posting, how were they nameing their boards, what kind of board descriptions were they using, etc., and then applied what I had learned to my own Pinterest account. I did not copy anything they did, but applied the principles they were using to my own specality boards.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2019 7:25:34 AM
Here are some of the observations I made from Zazzle's own Pinterest account. I have listed 7. If you have any other observations feel free to add them to the list. https://www.pinterest.com/zazzle/boards/

First - They have relatively few board, only 65 at this time, and I suspect that as new board are added old ones are deletet. Boards that were near the top when I first started studying them are now near the bottom, and as new boards are added the total number remain about the same. From what I can tell, it looks like they have about a 6 month rotation of their boards, with new replacing the old.

Second - The new boards as they are added always seem to be in keeping with the upcoming season. Christmas and New Years stuff have now been pushed to the bottom and the top boards are more Spring and Summer oriented.

Third - The board in general have very simple descriptive names, the kind of words or phrases that people would be likely to plug into the search bar.

Forth - The individual boards never have very many products posted to them. Currently the largest board has only 129 products posted. Generally they run only from about 25 to 80 items each.

Fifth - The individual board are tightly themed, even to the point of generally matching color and design themes among the products in any given board.

Sixth - Their boards have a nice but relatively short and easy to read key-word rich descriptions. As for the individual pins, they seem to just go with whatever the designer placed on the product. I see no use of hash-tags.

Seventh - They have a scattering of non-Zazzle pins in their boards, but still keeping with the general theme of the board.