Another Pinterest board to join
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 9:53:56 AM
I've just made a new board to specifically showcase things that are on sale/discounted for the day on Zazzle. I'm going to keep the bar for submissions fairly low.

Nothing religious, political or offensive please. Let's keep it PG.

Give other people a chance to be seen.... Post no more than 10 items/hour and of course they should be products that are on a promo sale at Zazzle on the day you post them.

https://www.pinterest.com/Super_Penguin/on-sale-today-at-zazzle/

I believe I have put a button to request to join on the board... but I can't see it myself... if it's not there let me know and request to collaborate here..
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 11:06:52 AM
Invincible Penguin wrote:
I believe I have put a button to request to join on the board... but I can't see it myself... if it's not there let me know and request to collaborate here..

The button is there. ;)
I followed you and requested to join.

Side note - do you have any idea how to turn off Notifications from group boards? Every time I go to Pinterest I have red notifications and they're always just telling me that so-and-so group board had new activity. I looked everywhere and couldn't find anyplace to tell Pinterest to stop with that, I don't need to know every time someone has pinned to a group board.
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 11:24:53 AM
hmmmm it looks like they have made it pretty sparse... you can pick from a list of which things you want emailed to you, but the 'push notifications' options are a little weird. Everything, nothing and "just the good stuff".... with no explanation of what "the good stuff" actually is...

to get there ... menu at the top of the screen, settings, notifications.
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 1:40:07 PM
·▽·
Good idea for a board. I'm in if you have me.

·△·
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 1:47:22 PM
You're (both) in Smile
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 2:32:46 PM
Out of curiosity, what happens to the pins when the sale ends? Are you going to delete them all when the sale ends?

If not, then would visitors get confused?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, I'm just curious how you plan to manage pins/products as sales end.
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 3:10:30 PM
I've been thinking about that. My idea so far is to post pin that has the sale date/s, the items that are on sale and the code to indicate that anything after that are the newest sale items. I also figure once it gets going there will hopefully be enough pins that it's unlikely that most people will be scrolling through the entire list...

and... I've done such. Between each sale I'll put a graphic that indicates that the offerings have changed, with the date that the new sale is good through and a link to the coupon page at Zazzle.

It also appears that I can schedule pins, so when I see upcoming sales I can make a divider up and have it post, whether or not I am personally available at the time I'll need to place it.
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 12:18:09 PM
Col's Creations wrote:

Side note - do you have any idea how to turn off Notifications from group boards? Every time I go to Pinterest I have red notifications and they're always just telling me that so-and-so group board had new activity. I looked everywhere and couldn't find anyplace to tell Pinterest to stop with that, I don't need to know every time someone has pinned to a group board.

Settings (three dots, top right)
Notifications
By Email
Social
Group Boards Update

From there you can check or uncheck the boxes next to each group board.

There are notification settings for other things like phone and on Pinterest.

I think that should help. I no longer get a notification anywhere when someone posts to a group board. It was driving me insane. Smile
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 12:25:45 PM
I've been thinking about that. My idea so far is to post pin that has the sale date/s, the items that are on sale and the code to indicate that anything after that are the newest sale items. I also figure once it gets going there will hopefully be enough pins that it's unlikely that most people will be scrolling through the entire list...

and... I've done such. Between each sale I'll put a graphic that indicates that the offerings have changed, with the date that the new sale is good through and a link to the coupon page at Zazzle.

Why not make sections? For example, a section could be named What's On Sale, July 15th-18. You could add the sale details in the title, or as a separate pin. Once the sale is over, move all the pins to the main part of the board. Then start a new section with the new sale. Just a thought. Smile
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 1:50:45 PM
That is an excellent idea. I hadn’t even remembered that you can make sub-boards.
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 2:30:35 PM
That is an excellent idea. I hadn’t even remembered that you can make sub-boards.

Placing it in a subboard surely helps, but in the end pinterest is not a site, where you have a nightly purge for outdated posts.

I don't have a On Sales today - board, so for a demo I used my whale board which has subboards.

The red frame is missing so the text in the section of the pin is easily overlooked. See pin in its natural inhabitat.

It is a little like the small print contracts. It makes sure you it legally okay but the overall misleading feeling remains.

Unfortunately making a post like the following is not supported by create, since we can't add product images to the templates without preping them before hand like clearing the background form the button:

So you don't get the desired volume in the forum as you do with just hitting the share button for pinterest ...

It is not perfect because pinterest is not made for this.

·△·
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:54:00 PM
I put up a few biz cards yesterday with the date and discount code in the description and "limited time" Couldn't find when that sale ended until I accidentally found it in news or someplace.
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 2:29:28 PM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:

Why not make sections? For example, a section could be named What's On Sale, July 15th-18. You could add the sale details in the title, or as a separate pin. Once the sale is over, move all the pins to the main part of the board. Then start a new section with the new sale. Just a thought. Smile

I like the board idea (asked to join). I was going to suggest categories too. I have an eBay board where I post things that I'm selling on eBay. https://www.pinterest.com/nan47/ebay-listings/ My suggestion for categories would be On Sale Now, Still Available (not on sale) or something like that. It would require you to move posts from one category to the other on a regular basis. And may not be too hard to do unless the volume increases significantly. Another possibility as it expands would be to use Zazzle broad categories i.e Home - On Sale Now and Home -- not on Sale but still available.
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24:44 AM
I considered making subcategories, but recently read something about the way Pinterest indexes that made me decide it would be better to stick to one main board. I can’t remember exactly what it was ooff of the top of my head, but I can see if I can find it again (later - at work now).