Affiliate Links Not Transferring to Pinterest Board Anymore 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 1:15:01 PM
I generally post my all of products to a pinterest board and have always seen my affiliate link on the pin. I could then click on the pin which directed me to Zazzle and my product with my affiliate link attached to the url in my browser. As of today, I can no longer do that. There is no affiliate link in the "pin" box and although it directs back to Zazzle there is no affiliate link in the browser as well, and not only that- all 700 of my products on pinterest no long contain my affiliate link. Is this happening anyone else? I tried, as someone suggested, to hover over the pin and I would see the link with my affiliate ID and yes, I have done that in the past, but they are no longer there.
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 1:40:10 PM
Joco wrote:
I generally post my all of products to a pinterest board and have always seen my affiliate link on the pin. I could then click on the pin which directed me to Zazzle and my product with my affiliate link attached to the url in my browser. As of today, I can no longer do that. There is no affiliate link in the "pin" box and although it directs back to Zazzle there is no affiliate link in the browser as well, and not only that- all 700 of my products on pinterest no long contain my affiliate link. Is this happening anyone else? I tried, as someone suggested, to hover over the pin and I would see the link with my affiliate ID and yes, I have done that in the past, but they are no longer there.


There have been recent threads posted on Pinterest issues regarding links, etc, and from what I recall reading Zazzle stated it is on Pinterest's end, not on Zazzle's.
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 1:51:03 PM
-.-

The share button still adds the referral ID to the link and pinterest is not stripping it.

If you refer to pinterests new policy to curate links to some extend and not allow user to edit links, I highly welcome pinterests new policy. I far too often saw links changed.

If you want to use tracking codes you have to start the pin from within pinterest. Unfortunaltely your choice of images changes and not always to the better. You can't enter image urls in the pin url field directly because then the link uses the zazzle image cache as back link instead of the product page.

.
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 2:31:42 PM
Joco wrote:
I generally post my all of products to a pinterest board and have always seen my affiliate link on the pin. I could then click on the pin which directed me to Zazzle and my product with my affiliate link attached to the url in my browser. As of today, I can no longer do that. There is no affiliate link in the "pin" box and although it directs back to Zazzle there is no affiliate link in the browser as well, and not only that- all 700 of my products on pinterest no long contain my affiliate link. Is this happening anyone else? I tried, as someone suggested, to hover over the pin and I would see the link with my affiliate ID and yes, I have done that in the past, but they are no longer there.



i have verified the referral link is there even though it is not showing on the site
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 7:21:23 AM
Thanks all for the info.
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 3:37:45 AM
vivendulies wrote:
-.-

The share button still adds the referral ID to the link and pinterest is not stripping it.

If you refer to pinterests new policy to curate links to some extend and not allow user to edit links, I highly welcome pinterests new policy. I far too often saw links changed.

If you want to use tracking codes you have to start the pin from within pinterest. Unfortunaltely your choice of images changes and not always to the better. You can't enter image urls in the pin url field directly because then the link uses the zazzle image cache as back link instead of the product page.

.


Hi Vivendulies. Just wondered if you could share where you saw the new policy about no longer being able to edit website links. I can't find it on Pinterest's Terms of Service page. Thanks!
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2019 4:15:11 AM
vivendulies wrote:
-.-

The share button still adds the referral ID to the link and pinterest is not stripping it.

If you refer to pinterests new policy to curate links to some extend and not allow user to edit links, I highly welcome pinterests new policy. I far too often saw links changed.

If you want to use tracking codes you have to start the pin from within pinterest. Unfortunaltely your choice of images changes and not always to the better. You can't enter image urls in the pin url field directly because then the link uses the zazzle image cache as back link instead of the product page.

.


Thank you for this information.
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2019 9:03:46 AM
Thanks for chiming in on this everyone. Amazing teamwork! Love Moving to Affiliating theory, advice and generating traffic as this isn't a tech issue. Roses
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:14:47 AM
I needed to check my pinrest site for my zazzle store, can you tell me how it's done? thanksLove
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:02:18 AM
So I pinned several products this morning from my Zazzle app on my iPad only to discover the only thing that pinned was the image with NO LINK! I was able to delete the pins and repin from my Zazzle online account on my laptop. And the pin is now linking back to my product on Zazzle.

What I also noticed is that I can no longer edit my pins -- when I click on the edit pin the only options I get are the board and the section -- no edit where I was adding hashtags and additional descriptions.

Anyone else having this issue? Or know why this is happening?
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:43:21 AM
Nancy Worrell wrote:
So I pinned several products this morning from my Zazzle app on my iPad only to discover the only thing that pinned was the image with NO LINK! I was able to delete the pins and repin from my Zazzle online account on my laptop. And the pin is now linking back to my product on Zazzle.

What I also noticed is that I can no longer edit my pins -- when I click on the edit pin the only options I get are the board and the section -- no edit where I was adding hashtags and additional descriptions.

Anyone else having this issue? Or know why this is happening?

It's being discussed elsewhere, but in a quick check, I couldn't immediately find it, but no matter because it essentially says the same thing: We can no longer edit our pins. It's a Pinterest thing, not a Zazzle thing.
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:33:42 AM
·▽·

Pinterest removed the ability to edit links and if you grab an image from an online source it links back to that source.

In order to have RFID and tracking code you need to start your pin from within pinterest with the plus sign and either upload the image form your local drive or use the link with RFID and tracking code for the ad image from URL to make sure pinterest links back with the customized link.

You could use a bookmarklet to get link + RFID + custom tracking code

Code:
javascript:var answer = prompt('TrackingCode:'); alert(location.href + '?rf=000000000000000&tc=' + answer);


000000000000000 replace with your RFID and safe as bookmark, then copy the generated link from the alert window. Somebody with a better understanding of javascript can improve on this script so that it is directly stored in the cache.


Grin

Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:20:54 AM
Thanks for the clarification and suggestion. Was just figuring this out and now I have to go back to square one.

vivendulies wrote:
·▽·

Pinterest removed the ability to edit links and if you grab an image from an online source it links back to that source.

In order to have RFID and tracking code you need to start your pin from within pinterest with the plus sign and either upload the image form your local drive or use the link with RFID and tracking code for the ad image from URL to make sure pinterest links back with the customized link.

You could use a bookmarklet to get link + RFID + custom tracking code

Code:
javascript:var answer = prompt('TrackingCode:'); alert(location.href + '?rf=000000000000000&tc=' + answer);


000000000000000 replace with your RFID and safe as bookmark, then copy the generated link from the alert window. Somebody with a better understanding of javascript can improve on this script so that it is directly stored in the cache.


Grin

Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:13:49 AM
Nancy Worrell wrote:
So I pinned several products this morning from my Zazzle app on my iPad only to discover the only thing that pinned was the image with NO LINK! I was able to delete the pins and repin from my Zazzle online account on my laptop. And the pin is now linking back to my product on Zazzle.

What I also noticed is that I can no longer edit my pins -- when I click on the edit pin the only options I get are the board and the section -- no edit where I was adding hashtags and additional descriptions.

Anyone else having this issue? Or know why this is happening?


I thought the last one I pinned from zazzle was faulty because it wouldn't let me write any text with it, I've just been to check and it does have a link with my rf code. So several people are reporting different problems over the last couple of days? I wonder what changed and if it's permanent, or a mistake?
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 2:14:04 PM
Oct 14 - 2019
I've been attempting to post Zazzle affiliate products to my Pinterest account and Pinterest will not let me (i.e. no 'website' slot for the affiliate URL, and they block any of my other attempts, even with making a new pin).

I've sent in a message to Pinterest to ask what the deal is for affiliate pins. They must realize that affiliate marketing is big and many of their own Pinterest members do exactly that, and across many sell sites, even Amazon.

And Zazzle needs to look at their relationship to Pinterest as Z runs an affiliate program. Where else do you guys promote Zazzle affiliate products if not on Pinterest (I'm not doing it on Twitter anyway...)?

Once I get a response from Pinterest I'll try posting about it if I can remember this thread. But I'm feeling frustrated that these platforms seem to be doing everything not to enable business.
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 2:45:59 PM
Kristin wrote:
Oct 14 - 2019
I've been attempting to post Zazzle affiliate products to my Pinterest account and Pinterest will not let me (i.e. no 'website' slot for the affiliate URL, and they block any of my other attempts, even with making a new pin).

I've sent in a message to Pinterest to ask what the deal is for affiliate pins. They must realize that affiliate marketing is big and many of their own Pinterest members do exactly that, and across many sell sites, even Amazon.

And Zazzle needs to look at their relationship to Pinterest as Z runs an affiliate program. Where else do you guys promote Zazzle affiliate products if not on Pinterest (I'm not doing it on Twitter anyway...)?

Once I get a response from Pinterest I'll try posting about it if I can remember this thread. But I'm feeling frustrated that these platforms seem to be doing everything not to enable business.



I just went and checked mine. I've posted several zazzle products today and even though P can be a little jittery from time to time, all of my pins have appeared with referral ID.

I almost always use the Z P share option.
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 4:27:14 PM
Hi Pacifier City,

Are your pins for your own Z products, or for affiliate products (someone else's Z products)?
Tx
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 4:49:29 PM
Kristin wrote:
Hi Pacifier City,

Are your pins for your own Z products, or for affiliate products (someone else's Z products)?
Tx


98% are other peoples, affiliate products.

I did go and post some of my own that needed pinning when I read this reply.

I didn't check every pin I posted today, but 20 or so of others and mine all had referral ID and came back to Z as they should.
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 4:49:48 PM
Hi Kristin, try this...

go to a pin that should have your affliate id
hover your mouse over the link
while you are hovering look in the bottom left corner of your screen and you will see the URL of the link and can see if your RF id is there.

Recently Pinterest has started hiding the URL so that we can't go in and edit it for some unknown reason...

But you can still edit them on the mobile apps... that is another way you can check your links.

I hope this helps Smile
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 4:55:54 PM
Just to let you know, I followed you on Pinterest from the other thread here and I just looked at a few of your Z pins. I can see your referral id when I hover the links.


Adding: make sure you hover the part that says Zazzle.com

otherwise you will just get the general URL of the pin on Pinterest.
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 5:09:12 PM
Thanks very much, Shelli, I appreciate the follows!

Maybe this is a Canadian thing, I'm in southern Ontario, Canada, and we get some odd things...

Okay, so you looked at a pin of my own on my Pinterest page as I don't have any affiliate pins right now. When I hover over my own product pins, I see only "zazzle.com" and no other info, BUT the link takes me to my Z product correctly.

For the sake of example I've pinned another Zazzler's item into my Favourites of Pinterest 2019 board as an affiliate pin - a wedding favour bag. There is no edit URl line available to me to input the referral link that comes under the other Z's product for affiliates (I also made sure I've clicked off the box to be an affiliate recently) and no other way that I can tell that this item will credit referral $ if my pin sells this item.

At this time I can only wait for Pinterest to write back to me, I guess, with the current situation ? Thanks again for looking for me Smile

Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 5:11:31 PM
Thanks, Pacifier City,

Hmm, I'm not sure where I'm not getting it then. As mentioned to Shelli, I'm in southern Ontario, Canada, and don't know if this has anything to do with it.

If you read my note above to Shelli I have posted an affiliate pin today that is not working that way I'm expecting it to, again, but maybe I'm missing something...? Thanks for your noteSmile
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 5:22:34 PM
Are you "opening" the pin, clicking on the pin so it opens in its own page, before you hover over it?
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 5:31:51 PM
Yes, Pacifier City. I open the pin to its own page and still only see "zazzle.com" on any of the link spots that I hover over.

I've just had another terrible thought. I do not have/am not verified with an "approved" legitimate (paid for) blog on the internet. I only run an occasional Blogger blog (free, and in the backwaters of the internet), which Pinterest does not consider legitimate and so denies me certain statistics and who knows what else on account of that [you know, how they want you to 'verify' your blog...]. I wonder if that's the/part of my problem...

Thanks again for your efforts.

Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 5:41:28 PM
Kristin wrote:
Yes, Pacified City. I open the pin to its own page and still only see "zazzle.com" on any of the link spots that I hover over.

I've just had another terrible thought. I do not have/am not verified with an "approved" legitimate (paid for) blog on the internet. I only run an occasional Blogger blog (free, and in the backwaters of the internet), which Pinterest does not consider legitimate and so denies me certain statistics and who knows what else on account of that [you know, how they want you to 'verify' your blog...]. I wonder if that's the/part of my problem...

Thanks again for your efforts.



Will you post one of the pin links/urls?

Not having a blog is ok.
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 5:48:46 PM
Okay, let's see if this works

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/450922981441829219/?nic=1

This is a 'Love is Sweet...' favor bag on my Favourites of Pinterest 2019 board, an affiliate pin, which I cannot add an affiliate URL link to anywhere.

It seems, sigh, that Pinterest does not find me legitimate as I don't have a paid for blog page verified. They tell me that if I verify my blog, I will have access to more detailed analytics info... Not really sure why this should be a thing but it may relate to the many affiliate marketers/mommy blogs that sell marketing info from blog posts.

Thanks!



Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 5:52:24 PM
Kristin wrote:
Okay, let's see if this works

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/450922981441829219/?nic=1

This is a 'Love is Sweet...' favor bag on my Favourites of Pinterest 2019 board, an affiliate pin, which I cannot add an affiliate URL link to anywhere.

It seems, sigh, that Pinterest does not find me legitimate as I don't have a paid for blog page verified. They tell me that if I verify my blog, I will have access to more detailed analytics info... Not really sure why this should be a thing but it may relate to the many affiliate marketers/mommy blogs that sell marketing info from blog posts.

Thanks!





This is the url I get when I right click and select copy url: https://www.zazzle.com/z/pj2i2?rf=238010122048071792

at the end is ?rf and a string of numbers.

That is, or should be, your referral id.

I also see that url in the very bottom left of the screen when I hover over the pin. It pops up in a little grey box. Mind that I am on a PC...

Looks like you've done it right!
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 6:11:11 PM
Thanks SO much Pacifier City, and Shelli! for your help tonight. I REALLY appreciate it! Love

Yes, that number ends in my referral ID #.Idea

Okay, so it looks like if I pin an affiliate Zazzle product direct from Zazzle using the little red P button below the product, my referral ID is built into the pin [though not visible to anyone] automatically. It seems this was mentioned earlier in this thread but I didn't understand the earlier post - What a ninnyShocked

Have a great evening~I'm going to go make some affliate $$$ now Smile
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 6:14:41 PM
Kristin wrote:
Okay, let's see if this works

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/450922981441829219/?nic=1

This is a 'Love is Sweet...' favor bag on my Favourites of Pinterest 2019 board, an affiliate pin, which I cannot add an affiliate URL link to anywhere.

It seems, sigh, that Pinterest does not find me legitimate as I don't have a paid for blog page verified. They tell me that if I verify my blog, I will have access to more detailed analytics info... Not really sure why this should be a thing but it may relate to the many affiliate marketers/mommy blogs that sell marketing info from blog posts.

Thanks!






That is just the Pinterest URL that you have posted above... when you hover over or click into the pin then hover on the link you should see one that leads to Zazzle.com the ?rf=xxxxx part is like he said your referral id and it will even be on the links of your own products that you share with the share buttons, because we can self refer in this associate program.

I am going to post a link to the Zazzle associate handbook for you and I hope it is not too outdated and that it helps you!

https://asset.zcache.com/assets/graphics/z4/uniquePages/affiliate/Designer_Associate_Handbook_2018.pdf

you should be able to download it or print it if you need to.

Cheers.

edit: to add, I am glad you found it! the program is confusing when you are new so be nice to yourself Smile
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 6:14:41 PM
Kristin wrote:
Thanks SO much Pacifier City, and Shelli! for your help tonight. I REALLY appreciate it! Love

Yes, that number ends in my referral ID #.Idea

Okay, so it looks like if I pin an affiliate Zazzle product direct from Zazzle using the little red P button below the product, my referral ID is built into the pin [though not visible to anyone] automatically. It seems this was mentioned earlier in this thread but I didn't understand the earlier post - What a ninnyShocked

Have a great evening~I'm going to go make some affliate $$$ now Smile


Saw your post in other other thread about affiliate marketing. Don't forget to disclose in your pin description. The one I checked for you has no disclosure.


Cheers!
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded