a new zazzler - here to help with affiliate questions (+ a wee bit of merchandising) 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 5:32:00 PM
Just found this info about how to use a tracking code. Thanks, Elizabeth!
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 9:05:02 AM
Welcome!

I am new myself. I am still amazed by the functionality of Zazzle, which is far better than other sites. I asked the same question in the German section, but I haven't got any answers yet.

I am trying to sell my own designs, but I am also doing a lot of affiliate promotions.

Where can I see my stats like views, clicks and so on? Or do you only show sales???

I don't want to spend any time and effort into promoting something I cant measure.
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014 4:04:47 AM
Welcome Elizabeth

Thank you for the ' links to help you get started'.
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 6:53:54 AM
Welcome Elizabeth! I look forward to learn more about promoting our Zazzle products.Grin
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 7:00:41 AM
Hi Elizabeth….where can we get our tracking code where you mentioned earlier in this post that we can find out the stats for each product clicks? Is it in our associate account page or is there a way to generate it?Grin Thanks!
Posted: Saturday, December 06, 2014 5:14:04 PM
JUDERM wrote:
Hi Elizabeth….where can we get our tracking code where you mentioned earlier in this post that we can find out the stats for each product clicks? Is it in our associate account page or is there a way to generate it?Grin Thanks!

Tracking codes are codes you make up yourself and include in your product links, much like you do with your referral id.
If someone follows a link with your referral id and tracking code in it and then buys something, you'll get a line entry in your Referral History report.
And on that line entry, it'll show you the tracking code that was on the link that generated the sale.
I use tracking codes such as fb for links I post on Facebook, gplus for links I post on Google Plus and so on... I'm sure you're getting the picture Smile

But don't bother with the hassle of making up links yourself, use PinAProd or SeeMyBest. They both do the grunt work of making your links for you (and making pinning / sharing an absolute piece of cake).

Shout if you have any questions, juderm (or anyone else)
Cheers
~~Mark (HightonRidley)
Smile
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 6:44:51 AM
CheekyWitch wrote:
Hi! I have a query about using URL shorteners? If I use something like Bitly to shorten a referral link, would that effect the referral code? Also, Redirecting a URL to a referral URL? I have been using my web URL that way and have had sales and referrals - the trouble is I'm not sure where my customers are coming from - actual referral links or shortened URLs, or redirected URLs!
Sorry - it's so complicated xd
Kaz*

I've been wondering the same thing. Did you ever get a reply to this? Idea
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2015 3:32:33 PM
hi new to zazzle and still learning besides fb, twitter,pinterest and my own blog where can I promote my products to where I can generate more traffic thanks for all the helpSmile
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2015 7:47:15 AM
As a Zazzler with blogs that I feature Zazzle products on, I'd like to know what kind of statement to include on my blog in response to this:

Quote:
European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.

As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies.

You are responsible for confirming this notice actually works for your blog, and that it displays. If you employ other cookies, for example by adding third party features, this notice may not work for you. Learn more about this notice and your responsibilities.

Does Zazzle have a statement that we could use?
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2015 5:32:28 AM
As no one from Zazzle has responded as of yet to my question about a cookie statement, I came up with this.

Quote:
Cookies are used on this site. Some are used to enhance your browsing and shopping experience. Others are activated when you click on links to ensure that referral income is generated when a purchase is made. I did not create either, I only copy and paste codes, to make an appealing page in hopes that you find what you are looking for. As of yet, I do not know how to tell you to turn any of them off. However, if you do not wish to encounter any cookies, the web kind that is, you will do better to shop and browse at brick and mortar stores and to turn off your computer.

If you like it, you may use the gist of it for your own blog. Just phrase things in your own words.

Thank you.
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:44:27 PM
Question about referrals and affiliates in respect of Collections - if anyone knows the answer please?

If someone curates a collection of other peoples designs using their affiliate referral code, then someone else (me) promotes that collection - who gets the referral on any sale?
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2015 1:38:13 PM

I don't see how you can post to Z Facebook page?

Funcards wrote:
ZazzleMerch wrote:
Funcards wrote:
Elizabeth, I would love to know about the rules for posting to the Zazzle facebook page.
I often see sk's posting there about sales and new products, and I can see how the would be good promotion, but I'm reluctant to do so myself, since I'm not sure how Zazzle feels about that.

Hi there!

We do not have any particular rules about posting on the Zazzle Facebook page, everyone is welcome to post appropriate and relevant content. One thing to keep in mind is not to post too much because it can get removed as spam. Posting complementary & timely content to Zazzle's posts a few times a week works. This week we had a Halloween post go out, so posting some of your Halloween products would be great, especially if there is a fun and interesting story to go along with the post. We will be changing some of our social media policies soon, and we will send out an update when that happens.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day!

-Elizabeth P.

Thanks so much for the reply Elizabeth! I had been wondering about this for a long time, so I'm glad to know how zazzle feels about it. Thanks!
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2016 5:52:44 AM
Thank you Elizabeth, I love the idea about starting your own blog! Smile
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2016 6:19:59 AM
Hi, I'm new and trying to start an affiliate site promoting some Zazzle products. It's a wordpress site through eHost and I got their widget to post the product html code but when I click on the product on my page, as if I was a customer, the transition from there to the Zazzle product is not smooth and looks weird. It should just go straight to the product but it drops the picture down and brings up some weird drop down thing. Does anyone here know anything about that? When I called eHost they said it sounded like an issue with the Zazzle code. I don't know much about code so I'm lost.

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post.

Thanks!

***Update...nevermind...the website people helped me..there's a piece of code you have to add to the existing code to make the link transition smooth.
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 9:53:08 AM
Am I doing something wrong? How many linkovers do people average per referral commission received? I have over 70,000 clicks logged on my affiliate links, but not one referral bonus. It sure seems like that is a lot of work/clicks for absolutely no reward. Am I missing something?
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:47:30 AM
I want to start a shop in Zazzle on the topic of cats. THere will be my products, and I want to add others products via the associate system.

How do I add someone else's products to my Zazzle Store? Or am I better off doing this under the collection category? Smile Smile Smile
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 10:36:34 AM
You can't add someone else's products to your store, which is for your products only.

Yes, you can have collections of other people's products, but in the long run, you're far better off having a blog or web site where you promote your own and other people's products and collections, if you so choose.