What does it take?
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 5:19:57 AM
Hi all
Please, please feature me I need visibility I am working my butt off and I know that my work has gotten better since I bought a decent camera. If I am doing something wrong with the descriptions and tags then I am at my wit's end, I thought that I had a good grasp of the English language. Also, I have been using social media a fair bit.
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 5:59:22 AM
The problem may be your tags. Here are some tagging tips:

1)The main focus of the design should always be a tag.

For example, this should be tagged with both bird and hummingbird but it has neither tag.

2)For home decorations, the color should always be a tag in case people want to match what is already in a room. The hummingbird pillow should be tagged purple.

3)It is a good idea to also tag the type of design it is. In your case a tag of photo or photography would be appropriate.

4)never use "gift" as a tag. Zazzle doesn't recognize it as a tag because everything on the website could be a gift.

5)always use 10 tags.

Other tips:

1)If you are adding personalization, you need to make it into a template so people can easily change the text. People can change the text by clicking customize and going into the design tool but they won't when most other products have templates.

To make text a template, click on the text and go to the right bar (where you chose the font) and scroll down until you get to "make this a template" and click on the button. It will change from grey to blue and your text will then appear on the product page where it can easily be changed by customers.

Unfortunately this can only be done on new products. It is not something that can be edited on existing products like tags can.

2)Photos that are put on shirts "as is" don't sell. They need to be framed in some way. Now that we have the shapes tool, you can make a rectangular frame in a contrasting color around the photo. But this can only be done on new products. It can't be done by editing an existing product. If you have photo editing software that allows it, also consider making a "feathering" frame, softening the edges of the photo with a feather selection that makes the edges less harsh.

Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 8:40:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback I will keep it in mind.
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 9:38:34 AM
Noor_Designs wrote:
Hi all
Please, please feature me I need visibility I am working my butt off and I know that my work has gotten better since I bought a decent camera. If I am doing something wrong with the descriptions and tags then I am at my wit's end, I thought that I had a good grasp of the English language. Also, I have been using social media a fair bit.

Are you taking time to show off your work away from Zazzle?
Many people on Zazzle use Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, their own websites, etc. You can look in the Affiliating Theory..., Affiliate Design..., and Show Me sections of the form to find help with getting your products viewed.

You can also make and purchase your own business cards with your store's information on them to hand out to people, or to leave in public places like libraries, doctors' offices, college campuses, etc.

Also, it looks like you're adding the product type in your tags, like "Unusual evergreen christmas arrangement lumbar pillow". You're taking up a lot of space with that, plus Zazzle automatically makes sure that the product type is listed.

Consider making your titles a bit shorter and use some of those extra words in your descriptions. As with the pillow I mentioned, you could just call it something like "Decorative Evergreen", or "Evergreen w/ Peacock Feather".

The description says "Unusual evergreen christmas arrangement lumbar pillow
Taken yesterday at a big garden centre on the outskirts of a large Dutch city."

You mentioned that it was taken "yesterday", but if you posted the item two weeks ago, or if I read it on January 10, 2019, that won't be the day after you took the photo, so that's not "yesterday". If you just have to mention when it was taken, though customers probably won't care, you could say "Taken in the winter of 2018". The description area is really for you to describe the design, but you didn't describe the design at all, but talked about when and where the photo was taken. You should talk about the evergreen, the feather and the other items so people know what they are. Think of how you'd describe it to someone who can't see it.

I offered those tips because sometimes, people do want to help get our designs seen, but if the tags, descriptions and titles aren't done very well, and the tags are spam, they won't add the products to their lists.

I agree with Susannah about the tags, and I'll add this...

Your tags are -

evergreengoldenheartspeacockfeatherchristmas giftlightssmall beadsvividfestive

You need to space the words out and you can also use phrases. Think of how you'd search for such a pillow. Would you just type in "golden" or "hearts" You can try some like - Christmas themes, evergreen branches, golden hearts, Christmas ornaments, peacock feathers, hearts and feathers, colorful feathers, purple beads, purple garland (or whatever the purple item is.

In order to make phrases, instead of single words for tags, put the words between quotation marks "like this". Some people prefer plus signs like+this, but I'll take the quotation marks.

Anyway, hopefully this will be of help.
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 9:49:08 AM
Quote:
Your tags are -

evergreengoldenheartspeacockfeatherchristmas giftlightssmall beadsvividfestive

This happens when you copy and paste the tags from one product to another. If you are going to do that you have to put a comma inbetween each tag to separate them. It is also a good idea to vary them so they are not identical from product to product.

When tagging phrases are a great tool because you only get 10 tags but you get up to 500 characters you can use in those 10 tags. Christine has said before the individual words inside of phrases are also searched so try not repeat words if possible to maximize your chances of being found.
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:19:51 AM
dreamNwish_Photo_Art wrote:
Consider making your titles a bit shorter and use some of those extra words in your descriptions. As with the pillow I mentioned, you could just call it something like "Decorative Evergreen", or "Evergreen w/ Peacock Feather".

Titles are included in the marketplace search, so if you have the portrait of a chestnut horse, then the title can be short and simple, but if it's a horse in a field with cows and it's wintertime, you might have "Horse and Cows in Wintertime Field." I'm not sure the length of the title is as important as are the words that customers might search on. Also, repeat those important words and phrases in the tags.
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2018 1:56:05 PM
Colorwash wrote:
dreamNwish_Photo_Art wrote:

Titles are included in the marketplace search, so if you have the portrait of a chestnut horse, then the title can be short and simple, but if it's a horse in a field with cows and it's wintertime, you might have "Horse and Cows in Wintertime Field." I'm not sure the length of the title is as important as are the words that customers might search on. Also, repeat those important words and phrases in the tags.

Yep, I know that titles are included and I've told many people about that. I've been working with tags and titles for years, in trying to make them have the design or theme listed, but I do feel that not every bit of the design or theme is needed.
For example, they have a planner titled "Purebred Ragdoll Cat Up Against a Chair". I don't know about you, but I wouldn't put all of that into a search for a planner or anything with a rag doll cat on it. I'd probably just go with "ragdoll cat", and if I wanted it with a chair,...."ragdoll cat on a chair".
I would probably mention in the description that the cat is against a chair, and if it were a particular type of chair like one made of wicker, I might title it as "cat in a wicker chair".

They have a tote titled as "Blue Budgies in a Big Birdcage", which I feel could be found if they titled it as "Blue Budgies in a Birdcage."

Anyway, I think if it's shorter and closer to the point of the design/theme and made like a simpler search phrase, it may be of more help to the seller.