welcome to zazzle 25 pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:43:09 PM
hi folks,

welcome to zazzle's community forum. please don't be shy about saying "hi" or posting a question. you won't find a more helpful bunch of sellers than here at zazzle.

once you're more comfortable in your new surroundings, please branch out to other sections in the forum. we cover topics ranging from creating new products and building your store to marketing trends and what's happening internationally. we even have spots for you to show off your latest creations or just ask for a virtual hug from your new zazzle friends. (never a shortage of those)

you'll notice that we've pinned a couple of our heavily traveled threads at the top of this forum. we'll continue to post updated FAQs and links to other topics.

if you need additional help, we have lots of avenues open to you. there's a great search tool at the top of this page. you'll find posts covering hundreds of topics. you can also contact our awesome customer support team at http://www.zazzle.com/help if you have a question that you'd like to keep private. last, but certainly not least, post your question here in the 'start here' forum. you'll be taken care of by the best community of artists and store owners in existence.

you'll also see zazzle staffers pop in from time to time to give specific help. ed, andrew, rob, tony and a few of our zazzle marketing folks all frequent our threads. i'll ask them to introduce themselves soon so you can get a sense of their specialties. i'm eric (-e.) and i play a consigliere on tv. if you need something from me, please don't hesitate to ask.

well, i've rambled a bit. again, welcome to zazzle. we're all thrilled you're here with us.

-e.
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:36:23 PM
Excellent!

Thank you for this much needed board.

You rock Eric!

Smile

BTW - For newcomers - I'm Kerry - aka KRW. You'll probably see me around here a lot.

I'm always glad to help whenever I can.

Feel free to ask me questions via my gallery if you're shy about posting.

Welcome and best of luck!

Kerry
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:43:06 PM
Hi
I'm also moving over from the other place, it was starting to feel like an abusive relationship so it's time to just walk away.

I'm a top shopkeeper there and have around 8,000 designs to move as quickly as possible. My daughters college isn't going to understand I will only be able to pay them 10% of her tuition next year I'm planning on working through the night since I'm way to upset to sleep. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I need to open about a dozen galleries.

How do I link them all together?

I'll be spending lots of time here and I'm already feeling a little better knowing I have a place to goHappy

thanks so much
Joanne
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:48:20 PM
at the moment, you cannot link your galleries together other than for the purpose of calculating volume bonuses.

http://forum.zazzle.com/new/welcome_cp_shopkeepers_and_other_newbies

this thread might answer some of your questions.

Welcome and best of luck!

Kerry

Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:07:41 PM
Thank you Kerry!
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:17:17 PM
welcome brenda and joanne!

it's great to have you both here. please don't hesitate to ask questions as they arise. we're all here to help.

-e.
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:11:16 AM
It's wonderful to see this board added to the forum! I thinks it's going to be so helpful to new Zazzlers. Thanks, Eric!

And welcome to all the newbies!Roses
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:48:32 AM
Welcome, everyone! Roses Smile
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:01:58 AM
it's great to see you again, dean.

everyone who has been around for a while will agree that there isn't a more genuine or selfless person in these forums than dean (ricaso_graphics/dt_designs). take a look at his work. it's great.

-e.
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:23:44 PM
blushy coming up!

while everyone is having fun today, we just posted an updated seller blog. it has a peek into what we'll be releasing next.

http://sellerblog.zazzle.com/

-e.
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:41:34 PM
ematson wrote:
it's great to see you again, dean.

everyone who has been around for a while will agree that there isn't a more genuine or selfless person in these forums than dean (ricaso_graphics/dt_designs). take a look at his work. it's great.

-e.

Dean is awesome!!
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:58:05 PM
Also moving over from that other place. Just got the ball rolling, too. I don't have thousands of designs to move, but it's still a chore to move them.

I like your gallery setup. I think it is easier to configure and manage.

Thanks,
Rick
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:25:16 PM
I really think I'm going to like it here! Very excited about the New things coming soon. Thanks so much for posting the updated blog!
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:29:43 PM
Hi everbody. I've just jumped ship from "THE OTHER GUYS" ;)
Can I order my calendars and get a bulk discount?Happy
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 6:41:36 AM
thanks, dean!

we're also finishing up designs through 2013, so you'll be able to have a bit more freedom while designing.

-e.
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 5:42:09 PM
Thank you so much Zazzle for not sucking and for not treating people like *. I've recently started testing the waters here (so far, so good with a few designs moved), and now that I'm one of the many cp refugees, I'm happy to call this my new home sweet home.
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 10:10:03 PM
Ricaso_Intros wrote:
We really do need a blushing smiley on here .. ty Eric Grin

DT is an absolute gem! Thank you Dean Smile

And -e. what can I say about you! Im thankful your here and popping in and out on a regular basis. I always feel at ease knowing if we have any issues your always here to help. Awesome Zazzle Team!

And finally...Welcome CP'ers! Your gonna love it here...YAY!!!

Love Wanda
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:46:56 AM
Hello fellow Zazzlers,

Just like to into one's self from here in Blighty.I've recently joined after "umming" and "aaahing" for ages.The recent furore at another POD has forced my hand.

I've just uploaded a few anti Obama designs and will upload my pro Obama ones into another store as I get the hang of this.I've 4 stores,down from 5 over at you know where,after 2 years,I was doing quite nicely thank you.

Oh,a question if I may be so bold,how do I merge my stores for volume bonus purposes,already got two totally diff themed stores and user names? (positive thinking or what?)

Cheers
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:07:27 AM
Hi All!

I'm new to zazzle. I Am wanting to move my designs from my other POD, who shall remain nameless.

I apparently missed the live online tutorials for this week, I was hoping I could get in on them to give me a good understanding on the best way to start a zazzle shop.

I did learn that if you don't like the user name you picked, you can't just change it. You have to open another shop with the correct user name. So now I have 2 shops, one with a user name I don't want to show and need to close and one with a user name I do want to show.

So, if anyone has some great advice so I can advoid these having to redo my shop from scratch pitfalls, please let me know the best way to start.

Like, what should I do 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.etc....

I'm feeling a little lost. I got comfortable at the other place so now I'm diversifying at more than one POD and having to scramble with many different How-To's.

Any and all help is appreciated!

sharipfwfcentral
www.flowerswithfeelingscentral.com
http://flowerswithfeelingscentral.blogspot.com
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 9:38:33 AM
I'm brand new here, but thanks for the forum. I'm just looking around now and seeing how this whole thing works. I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of you.
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 3:45:26 PM
Hi.
I've had my site up for just over a week and thought I would stop by and say hello. The forum questions and answers are very helpful. You folks are doing a great job. Thanks for all of the time you put into it. And thanks for the alternate option since a certain other site seems to be crashing and burning.
Best wishes to you all.
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 6:39:48 PM
Just wanted to say hi! I'm realllllly new. This will be my first site. I'll probably on A LOT! Just trying to figure things out! I LOVE this place. There are so many great artists!
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 10:34:51 AM
welcome ghost, frog and angel! we're all here to help. please don't hesitate to post a question, even if you think it's been asked.

-e.
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 2:38:06 PM
New User, need advice on how to promote and publicized my webpage, need desperately to earn some money.
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 3:19:46 PM
hi naranjay,

welcome to zazzle. there are lots of promotional tools built into the site (like uploading to your blog or twitter), and if you take a peek in here, the community has built an entire forum dedicated to 3rd party promotional tools.

hope this helps.
-e.
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 2:01:19 AM
Hi, I'm MagicFabric, based in the UK. I recently started customising T-Shirts and have realised that I may as well put them up here for everyone to see. I have a couple of questions though:
1) How do I change my default currency? On the payment options page it said that it was USD but offered me nowhere to change that.
2) Any tips on making my products look better or sell more, apart from linking everywhere I go.
And here's a link so you can see what I've already done:
www.zazzle.com/magicfabric*
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 6:35:30 AM
Magic--
1.) Default currency can't really be changed, but I think if you access your account through the UK version of the site, it's in UK currency by default.

2.) check out my "Top ten mistakes" link posted below, but also, I'd recommend avoiding blocks of graphics (like an unedited photo) on a t-shirt. They don't tend to look very appealing. If you can, try to vary the edges a bit to make them more appealing. Anything else you could improve should be covered in the top ten mistakes thread.

Other than that, just be patient and promote when you find the opportunity. Lots of people use Squidoo and blogs to promote, so maybe give that a try.

Lydia
---
The Top Ten Mistakes Zazzlers Make
http://twitter.com/prairieghostart
The Cafe Press Blunder
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 12:09:02 PM
Hello people, new to Zazzle, just thought I would say hi!
Any one got any good tips on what kind of things to make? Or is it entirely up to the individual?
Is there a certain type of thing that people tend to buy more than anything else?

Thanks people!
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 1:14:06 PM
Welcome to Zazzle. Design whatever makes you happy, there's no 'best thing' as far as that goes. The big seller seems to be tees, but there's a market for everything so just have fun.
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 2:07:54 PM
mousearte wrote:
The big seller seems to be tees, but there's a market for everything so just have fun.

That´s funny - tees are my worst seller xd
Just goes to show you can earn money here with anything Happy

And welcome, happy Zazzling!

Love Hilly