W-8BEN form
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:04:01 AM
Hi

I am new to Zazzle & would like to find out what information I need to put on part 2 of the W-8BEN form for the contract part. I am from the UK. I've tried to fill this form in, but apparently put in the wrong information. If anyone can help regarding this, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 5:58:53 AM
Checkout this forum thread: https://forum.zazzle.com/intl/w_8ben_form_rejected_yet_again_uk_resident

There's also a lot more threads on the w-8ben form in the international forum section.
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2019 2:58:28 AM
Thank you, I will try that
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2019 4:26:58 AM
For the UK, go with this and enter the following data in PART II / LINE 9+10 of your W-8BEN form:

1: United Kingdom
2*: 12(1)
3*: 0
4*: Royalties for the use of artistic work
5**: Creation of artistic works (designs) sold on the Zazzle online webstore on a range of goods

*) (2-4) these are the referring data of the newest US-UK tax treaty dated 2001 (same as the former tax treaty from 1975 in regard to Royalties). You can find the whole information in that pdf (see Article 12): https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/tax-policy/treaties/Documents/uktreaty.pdf

**) That's what I wrote and went through. You must define that you create designs for Zazzle and sell them on their store on various products. This is the field, that causes most issues and refusals. Write it as is or similar and all should be fine if the rest is OK.

Good luck!
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 12:55:03 AM
Also, keep a copy of your form, so you can refer to it when you update it to resend in the future (every 3 years). Basically you will just change the date, and send again.

It is a pain to have to do, but necessary, so you avoid paying punitive tax.