Views and Tags?
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 6:51:06 PM
Hello everyone. How long does it normally take to start seeing views? When I search my tags my items show under "newest". Any tips? Thanks!
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 7:06:20 PM
I should mention, I have zero views as of yet.
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 7:48:36 PM
There is not any specific set time for you to start seeing views, and lately the stats seem to run about 3 days behind so if something says 0 views that may not be true.

One way to help boost your visibility is to make sure and share your products to social media and/or your blog/website.

Good luck and remember your own views count too so try not to open and look at your products too often if you want a more accurate view count.
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 7:58:14 PM
Shelli, wow I did not know my own views will count. Thanks so much! I appreciate all of this information and help.
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 8:24:13 PM
Kimberly wrote:
Shelli, wow I did not know my own views will count. Thanks so much! I appreciate all of this information and help.

you're welcome Kimberly Smile

beautiful work too!
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 8:35:28 PM
Oh, thank you Shelli. I appreciate that and I've enjoyed checking out your awesome collections!
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 8:58:00 PM
Kimberly wrote:
Oh, thank you Shelli. I appreciate that and I've enjoyed checking out your awesome collections!

Thank you!Love
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:19:45 AM
Something that really helped me get views is to also write great descriptions in addition to tags. When I first started Zazzle my descriptions were really short but I noticed that when I started writing a couple of sentences in my description in combination with good tags, my views went up in about a month and then I started getting more customers shortly thereafter.
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 4:27:05 AM
Miss Rhoadie, that's very interesting. I'm happy that has helped you. I'm going to try this for sure! Thank you!
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:06:18 AM
Titles and descriptions matter more for external search engines, which don't necessarily parse tags. The tags are important to Zazzle's own search algorithms.

So you need to perfect all three.

With regard to titles, Zazzle provided this guidance:

Quote:
Here’s a few examples of how you can structure keywords for SEO-friendly titles:

-Vintage Navy and Pink Watercolor Floral
-Pink Cartoon Iced Donuts Unicorn and Rainbow Pattern
-Modern Black and White Marble Color Block

Text-based designs: (actual/partial phrase)(trait)(content)(color)(design type)
-No Bad Days Funny Quote with Yellow Text
-Be Still and Know Watercolor Bible Verse in Pink
-Love You to the Moon and Back Watercolor Floral Wreath Quote

Concerning descriptions, keep in mind that for external search engines, you're relying on a machine running algorithms to match keywords to a potential customer's search terms - a machine that doesn't have the power of sight (or at least not yet). So make sure your description is reach in keywords that apply to your design, while still making it intelligible to humans.

You will see differing opinions about repeating keywords within your tags. I personally try to avoid it. While the repetition of keywords on a web page can add weight, the right way to handle that repetition is for it to be spread between title, description, and tags. Some natural repetition within the description is acceptable, but re-read descriptions carefully after you've written them to make sure they sound natural - and they won't if you repeat a keyword too often.

You might think that repetition in tags doesn't hurt if search engines aren't really looking at them, but even Zazzle has advised us not to do it.
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:09:19 PM
Fuzzy, Wow, thank you for taking the time to share this information. I really appreciate it! I have checked out your descriptions and they are great. I see what you mean! So much to learn and I love the support here!