Top Ten Mistakes - Revisited 7 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 7:01:46 AM
These tips are freaking awesome! I've learned more in the last two minutes than I have in days elsewhere.

Can anyone explain to me why it takes so long for people to find the stuff we upload? I've noticed that it sometimes takes months after doing a bunch of uploads, for them to start getting noticed. Is it just me, or does this happen to everyone?
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:19:10 AM
It happens all the time, and it doesn't matter how long you've been here.
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 11:35:44 AM
IanBrettCooper wrote:
These tips are freaking awesome! I've learned more in the last two minutes than I have in days elsewhere.

Can anyone explain to me why it takes so long for people to find the stuff we upload? I've noticed that it sometimes takes months after doing a bunch of uploads, for them to start getting noticed. Is it just me, or does this happen to everyone?

It's not a case of "if you build it, they will come". Things have to be indexed (which isn't immediate), and then they have to begin generating the kind of buzz that inform a search engine's algorithms that people find those links to have value, which in turn improves their ranking. This is why promotion matters, and how/where you promote matters. The more opportunities people have to encounter those links in places that add some kind of value via additional content - beyond them being mere backlinks to Zazzle - the more likely a search engine is to see them as having the kind of value that merits a higher ranking.

Or at least that's my theory. The reality is that I don't actually promote much - but I also don't sell much. So check with someone else who does.
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 1:06:53 AM
Nice...just what I needed to know about.
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 8:45:18 AM
2.) Designs on too few different product types
3.) Low variety
4.) Abuse of Quick Create

All true, however the additional danger is that most shopper has a low tention span. Seen a study that people will only click 3 pages deep before moving on. So t shirt, mugs, and my better sellers need to be a bit higher on the list

I prefer to keep the product selection above 20 but below 70, as most people has the default item per page of 24.

Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 9:13:17 AM
I found the word billions a bit interesting if their are billions of designs on zazzle how many customers are their because if its not billions then are designers wasting their time !!