Store vs. Marketplace
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:45:28 AM
Hello everybody,

I'm a few days new to this website, and I want to get off to a good start. I do have a few questions to ask. If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Should I post my items in my store and in the marketplace?
2. I've heard that people get more sales through the marketplace than through their own stores. How much validity is there to that?
3. How do I post something in my store and in the marketplace?
4. I have 0 views on the products in my store. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just something that takes time?
5. Is it absolutely necessary to social media Market in order to get sales, or do the sales come from organic traffic on Zazzle?

Thanks.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:51:19 AM
Anything you post to the public in your store automatically appears in the MP

Customers rarely hit up our stores. Most sales come from MP searches even when shopkeepers are actively promoting their stores

To get views, you should really promote. Don't just rely on the MP to put your products in front of customers eyes
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:52:09 AM
When you post a product to your store, it's automatically listed in the marketplace unless you mark the product as private, which is probably not what you want to do. I think what's confused you is people discussing how customers don't very often visit our stores--which are really just a facade, by the way.

It can take a while to get any views, but it certainly helps if you post the products you design in the Show Me forum.

I personally find little value in social media, but I think there are those who generate traffic there. It doesn't hurt to try! Perhaps building a blog or web site might be a better way.

Darn it, Gina! You're fast!
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:55:05 AM
Colorwash wrote:

Darn it, Gina! You're fast!

Happy Laughing
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:11:29 PM
Before you get too many products in, you might want to review your descriptions and keywords. There are several tutorials, and many many posts regarding keywording.

If you want to be found "organically", you have to give them a way to find you.