Someone to set up my store for me
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 7:51:58 PM
I’d like to have someone set up my store for me. How to I find people to do this?
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 9:23:33 PM
Why don't you want to do it? It is actually a lot of fun. I usually put Netflix on while I work on the computer and I have a great time learning everything there is to learn. I have come so far since 2011.
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 4:18:42 AM
Frances Keech wrote:
I’d like to have someone set up my store for me. How to I find people to do this?

Not meaning to be rude, but...Perhaps look outside of Zazzle for someone that may be interested. We here have our own stores, etc, to deal with. Why be on a POD site if you want someone else to do the work *shrugs* Good luck!
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 7:33:12 PM
Don't give up yet Frances...people are usually pretty helpful here on the forum and someone might yet want to help with this. I'm too busy myself, but
why don't you start by giving a little more info about exactly what you need and whether or not you are willing to pay someone for their help.
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:46:03 AM
Think about the kinds of things you're likely to design or have already designed, and also think about how you tend to organize things, even those things landing in a file drawer. Without knowing what you like and don't like, it's difficult to give advice.

By the way, you might surprise yourself, discovering you can actually do it with minimum help, but if you do need help, a lot of folks here are willing to give advice, sometimes very detailed.
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:53:18 AM
I wish I had time to help you set up your store, but I am curious how that would work...I guess you would have to have them log in to your account?

Well anyway I send you best wishes and hope you sort it out.
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:31:26 AM
It is better to ask for advice on how to do it than to ask for someone else to do it. The forums are full of how-to's on setting up shop, etc. I just don't understand coming onto a POD site to create/sell things but wanting someone else to do the work while you reap the possible benefits. Can someone explain that concept to me because I am obviously not getting it?
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:11:35 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
It is better to ask for advice on how to do it than to ask for someone else to do it. The forums are full of how-to's on setting up shop, etc. I just don't understand coming onto a POD site to create/sell things but wanting someone else to do the work while you reap the possible benefits. Can someone explain that concept to me because I am obviously not getting it?

I guess if she is willing to pay them is the only way that would be really fair and then you would need to decide what that is worth... if it is just a one time set up and fee or ongoing store maintenance and a percentage of profits...

but really it would just be best to learn how to build your own store and skip all the complications of having it built for you.

or maybe Print on demand is not the best platform for the OP.
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:23:52 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:

I guess if she is willing to pay them is the only way that would be really fair and then you would need to decide what that is worth... if it is just a one time set up and fee or ongoing store maintenance and a percentage of profits...

True. And that should have been brought up in the original post.

Quote:
but really it would just be best to learn how to build your own store and skip all the complications of having it built for you.

Exactly!

Quote:

I agree
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:45:32 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:

True. And that should have been brought up in the original post.

Quote:

Exactly!

Quote:

I agree

great minds?

but really it is easy for me to say
"but really it would just be best to learn how to build your own store and skip all the complications of having it built for you."

when this kind of thing is easy for me to do... I do feel for the less techy people who do have a hard time learning it,

And there are other options out there where they provide a ready made store for a price. Without naming names she could check into the e-commerce software providers and I believe they even offer some sort of printing fulfillment.
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:48:17 AM
I was wondering how someone else setting up a store would work. In my experience having a store is an ongoing thing. As new features come up and new designs are added changes need to be made. It is always a work in progress.
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:07:13 AM
We don't know the circumstances Frances is in nor how much or little she knows about things here on Zazzle. When I first showed up, I was no internet or web site dummy, and yet Zazzle's setup confused me. Maybe Frances, in the exasperation that confusion can cause, asked for help. She deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:13:14 AM
The original poster asked a simple question, but didn't elaborate. It's not very welcoming to tell her to do it herself or go elsewhere. Can't we be nicer? Roses Give her a chance to explain what she means.

Gina ©gleem wrote:
I just don't understand coming onto a POD site to create/sell things but wanting someone else to do the work while you reap the possible benefits. Can someone explain that concept to me because I am obviously not getting it?

One possible scenario: A person owns a physical business and would like to sell branded merchandise, but has no time to put designs on products/doesn't have a good eye for it. They pay someone a fee for helping with it. I know of one Zazzler who has posted he does just that for a number of businesses.
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:16:28 AM
More information should have been given in original post rather than saying
Frances Keech wrote:

Perhaps had more information been offered my response would have been different. I am nice to an extent. I am not a coddler. I shoot from the hip. That doesn't gain me any friends 'round here, but that isn't what I'm here for.
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:38:41 AM
We've done something similar to what Augie has said.

Working with clients we have set up stores and the products. Rather than taking an hourly rate, we simply split the revenue.

This keeps us in the loop for making adjustments and creating new products.
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:48:17 AM
I did a store set-up for a business a couple of years ago, similar to what Peter and Donna described. After an initial conversation I provided a proposal with the scope of work, hourly rate and estimated time to complete. I did the work, billed them and it worked out fine.

I no longer have the bandwidth to take on projects like this but I'm sure there are others out there who do. Good luck Frances, I hope you find someone to help get you up and running!
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2018 11:49:20 PM
Thank you for your contributions and I am delighted to have your responses.
This may turn out to be a lengthy reply........I hope it fills in enough info to draw the assistance I need.

I have no other commercial venture, online or otherwise, and I have very little social media connection.......a few friends and rellies on FB and a couple of followers on Pinterest.

I am essentially a hobby artist/craftsperson wishing to have my designs seen......it’s like a contribution to the artistic conversation of the moment, with the bonus of potential income.

I like my life to be easy, simple, satisfying and FUN, so by definition my Zazzle store also as to be easy, simple,satisfying and FUN. At the moment it’s none of those things.

I can easily create products on Zazzle. I’ve got items ready to go. That’s the easy bit.

I’ve set up a store but it’s not functional. I’ve spent at least a month figuring out how to do much of what’s required, like creating a store logo, and resizing images so they fit the dimension for a store banner. On and on.....

In particular, I’m frustrated with the eccentricities of the zazzle site itself. Like it’s time delay! That you take an action but that action doesn’t show up on the site immediately, and you think you did it incorrectly so you do it again with modification, and again and again. I think my store is a mess because I got its brain in a never ending loop. Lol.

Yes I know......I coulda done this or that. Or I shoulda done the other. And I woulda..... but I thought I could figure it out myself.
But I’m over that now...
I don’t wish to spend any more time figuring out how to get it to work. I just want it to WORK. I want make the store public and know that it’s all working properly

I know enough about Zazzle now to know that someone who's familiar with the site could sort it out in a couple of hours. Either fix my mess or start from scratch with a new store. It’s a one-off job.

Here’s what I want:
. Change the store name and have the name change filter through all levels ( yes I know the URL doesn’t change, got it). At the moment, the old name shows on Gifts and some aspects of the public page. Sometimes. Sometimes not.
. Set up 4 categories with integrated front pages so that all reflect the store brand but are exciting and individual. Put up the front pages and the category profiles.
. Do the same for 2 collections.
. Set up some very simple FB, Twitter and Instagram accounts for me and connect them to the store.
. Connect to Pinterest.
. Make sure it works.

That all that I foresee at the moment, but what else is possible?
Thank you all for your support, and for welcoming me to Zazzling.
Cheers
Fran
PS. Yes! This is a paying job.

Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 4:20:56 AM
I'm immersed in too many things right now or I'd be totally willing to help you out, if for no other reason than that I understand where you're coming from.

It looks as if you may have tripped yourself up by envisioning how you wanted your storefront to look before truly understanding what is and what isn't possible.

I'd say you might first consider whether or not you want one store or multiple stores. After confusing myself having just three stores, I ended up emptying the two extras and placing their products in my original store. That single store now has categories based mostly on theme. Other people do the same thing but use design style instead. Still more people have categories for product type. Regardless, it's a very simple setup.

Keep in mind that it's your products that count, not so much your storefront, because the customer who buys from you might never even see that storefront. They see a product they love and buy it. End of story.

Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 4:50:27 AM
There's no need to have everything perfect before you start selling.

I've been here 11 years. I haven't made a banner for my store, I haven't made images for categories, I have't promoted except a rare post in the show me forum yet last year I made enough for 6 1/2 house payments (probably would of been more if I promoted but I want to keep this at least semi fun and that would destroy that). That's not a whopping amount but it's enough to make a difference for me.

Open your store, post your products for sale. The people here are overwhelmingly positive, helpful and knowledgeable. They're willing to help but they need to be able to see something to help with it.

d
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 11:29:45 AM
deemac1 wrote:
There's no need to have everything perfect before you start selling.

I've been here 11 years. I haven't made a banner for my store, I haven't made images for categories, I have't promoted except a rare post in the show me forum yet last year I made enough for 6 1/2 house payments (probably would of been more if I promoted but I want to keep this at least semi fun and that would destroy that). That's not a whopping amount but it's enough to make a difference for me.

Open your store, post your products for sale. The people here are overwhelmingly positive, helpful and knowledgeable. They're willing to help but they need to be able to see something to help with it.

d

Everyone gets wrapped up in stores at first, what it looks like, how it's organized... But the fact of the matter is, until you learn how to create a product that looks good and has good SEO, having the most beautiful store on Zazzle doesn't give you any more or less points regarding sales and popularity in the marketplace.

It's worth more money to sit with someone and learn proper tagging, titling, and descriptions. Worth a LOT more money.

Know what you are going to accomplish with your request. You will have a skeleton that is ready to fill. If that's what you want, sounds good. But you are still going to need to dress that skellie, and unless you know how to, your money is going to waste.

Just trying to put a real spin on this, because it hangs up so many people.
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 12:10:09 PM
In a sentence: The storefront is for you, the products are for customers.
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 6:52:40 PM
Frances Keech wrote:
I know enough about Zazzle now to know that someone who's familiar with the site could sort it out in a couple of hours. Either fix my mess or start from scratch with a new store. It’s a one-off job.

Here’s what I want:
. Change the store name and have the name change filter through all levels ( yes I know the URL doesn’t change, got it). At the moment, the old name shows on Gifts and some aspects of the public page. Sometimes. Sometimes not.
. Set up 4 categories with integrated front pages so that all reflect the store brand but are exciting and individual. Put up the front pages and the category profiles.
. Do the same for 2 collections.
. Set up some very simple FB, Twitter and Instagram accounts for me and connect them to the store.
. Connect to Pinterest.
. Make sure it works.

That all that I foresee at the moment, but what else is possible?
Thank you all for your support, and for welcoming me to Zazzling.
Cheers
Fran
PS. Yes! This is a paying job.

Hi Fran,
I understand where you're coming from. I have an aunt who is very talented in her creative pursuits (beading, wire-work, and jewelry among other things) but she is not tech-savy and has no interest in becoming so. She would rather spend her time creating than pulling her hair out at the computer. Smile
So we had an informal arrangement where I managed her e-presence (various e-shops, a blog, FB, and a forum) and in return she would send me wonderful supplies for my own craft studio. I set some stores up for her from scratch, others I just fixed-up what she started; I made her banners and logos, redesigned her blog, tutored her on basics, and answered the occasional SOS calls LOL. She did all the daily maintainence, added products herself, etc...
SO yeah, I understand just wanting to get up and running and back to creating (and hopefully selling) without all the tech hassle. If you are still looking for help, shoot me an email and maybe we can work something out. You can find my email addy on the "About" page here: My Site