Searching by own name tag - only 4 out of 9 flasks
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 1:12:45 PM
I place "anna rosa" as a tag for most of my products. I do this so I can...and others can..find my products fast.

I made a few flasks... 9 of them.

When I searched "anna rosa" flasks
I only was presented with 4.
Of these 4, three of them I made today.

Why don't all (9) my nine flasks show up?

I also tried it with "shirts". I know that my of wine glass shirts are not all there. I made these all a while ago.
https://www.zazzle.com/winery_wine_cellar_vineyard_wine_bar_t_shirt-235808840290054919
I don't see this one for example...and it still is being offered as a style.

Might the loss of products have to do with this new-to-me concept of migration? Or is that totally different?
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 1:32:41 PM
AnnaRosaEnergyArtist wrote:
I place "anna rosa" as a tag for most of my products. I do this so I can...and others can..find my products fast.

I made a few flasks... 9 of them.

When I searched "anna rosa" flasks
I only was presented with 4.
Of these 4, three of them I made today.

Why don't all (9) my nine flasks show up?



They do for me.

Results for "anna rosa flasks"
9 results

AnnaRosaEnergyArtist wrote:

https://www.zazzle.com/winery_wine_cellar_vineyard_wine_bar_t_shirt-235808840290054919
I don't see this one for example...and it still is being offered as a style.



42 results for shirts, including your wine glass one.

Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 1:49:28 PM
Today I did some searches for tags I use in specific products. And none of mine came up. All were designed within the past few months and definitely used titles, descriptions, and tags that I searched. But NADA ONE came up Sad

Not only that, but only about 15 products came up at all, when I know there are tons by other designers using similar tags and such.

I redid some tags and will check back in a few days, but it's frustrating to see that happen.
I was NOT using the app or mobile version of the site.
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 4:58:35 PM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
AnnaRosaEnergyArtist wrote:
I place "anna rosa" as a tag for most of my products. I do this so I can...and others can..find my products fast.

I made a few flasks... 9 of them.

When I searched "anna rosa" flasks
I only was presented with 4.
Of these 4, three of them I made today.

Why don't all (9) my nine flasks show up?



They do for me.

Results for "anna rosa flasks"
9 results



AnnaRosaEnergyArtist wrote:

https://www.zazzle.com/winery_wine_cellar_vineyard_wine_bar_t_shirt-235808840290054919
I don't see this one for example...and it still is being offered as a style.



42 results for shirts, including your wine glass one.



Thanks Augie. Gosh...I tried again with the flasks. I tried it singular and plural. I get anywhere from 1 to 4.

I even tried two browsers. I don't get it.
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 3:25:03 AM
Could the difference be somehow affected by being signed in? What happens when you search without being logged in?
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 5:27:57 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Could the difference be somehow affected by being signed in? What happens when you search without being logged in?



This absolutely makes a difference. I chose a word- Thanksgiving- and did a search. I got 2,000 more results for that word when signed in than when not.


I tried with some other random words. In all cases, being signed in gave more results than being signed out.

Therefore returning customers who already have a Zazzle account will see more search results than those without.



I can't tell what the algorithm is leaving out for un-signed in people. The dropdown categories are the same (incomplete) and not correlated with my past purchases.
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 6:26:49 AM
It escapes me why Zazzle would show more results to those who have an account than to the first-time person checking to see all of what Zazzle has to offer. Or don't they realize this is happening?
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 7:42:25 AM
Colorwash wrote:
It escapes me why Zazzle would show more results to those who have an account than to the first-time person checking to see all of what Zazzle has to offer. Or don't they realize this is happening?


Could be the maturity level set for products. A person who is not signed in would only see the g-rated products. If you have an account, you can adjust your settings to see everything, including r-rated.
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 7:52:46 AM
That's a definite possibility.

Wait a minute. If all a person's products are G-rated, there shouldn't be a difference. Are flasks automatically R or whatever the rating would be?
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 8:04:18 AM
I signed out and searched for flasks and they were there.
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 8:32:48 AM
Colorwash wrote:
That's a definite possibility.

Wait a minute. If all a person's products are G-rated, there shouldn't be a difference. Are flasks automatically R or whatever the rating would be?


If they were all automatically R rated then the person signed out would not have seen any of them, right?
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 9:01:08 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
It escapes me why Zazzle would show more results to those who have an account than to the first-time person checking to see all of what Zazzle has to offer. Or don't they realize this is happening?


Could be the maturity level set for products. A person who is not signed in would only see the g-rated products. If you have an account, you can adjust your settings to see everything, including r-rated.



This is it!!!

I tried an experiment to falsify your conclusion by deliberately choosing a product that was unlikely to have differences in maturity rating: Thanksgiving napkins.

Experiment setup: open one browser signed in and one browser signed out.

Choose a product that is unlikely to have a difference in maturity ratings.


Apply equivalent filters in both browsers until my selection has so few objects that I can visually spot the discrepancy.


Look for the discrepancy. In all cases the discrepancy was maturity rating. Yes, there are designers who gave their Thanksgiving napkins or childrens t shirts a PG 13 rating for no reason I can see.


Take home lesson, don't rate it PG 13 unless it really is inappropriate for younger ages. Thanksgiving napkins with an elegant classy design may be designed for the adults table, not the kids table, but that doesn't require a PG13 rating.
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 9:50:38 AM
When I searched for flasks in your store I only found four, but when I searched Anna Rosa flasks in the marketplace I found nine.
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:37:33 PM
Maz wrote:
When I searched for flasks in your store I only found four, but when I searched Anna Rosa flasks in the marketplace I found nine.


That's what I have... 9.
Were you signed in?

Here is what I did. I get 5 now...still not 9.

Turn sound off... bad fan.
https://www.screencast.com/t/HUgpShzlMbKr
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 2:20:35 PM
I also searched the marketplace for anna rosa flasks and got 9, both signed in and signed out.


I also see 9 when searching your store.
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 5:07:41 AM
Susannah Keegan wrote:
I also searched the marketplace for anna rosa flasks and got 9, both signed in and signed out.


I also see 9 when searching your store.


Thank you. I am wondering if your method of searching is different than mine?

I just type "anna rosa" flask or "anna rosa" flasks in the upper left hand search box.
Do you start on my store page or from anywhere?
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 7:33:26 AM
AnnaRosaEnergyArtist wrote:
Susannah Keegan wrote:
I also searched the marketplace for anna rosa flasks and got 9, both signed in and signed out.


I also see 9 when searching your store.


Thank you. I am wondering if your method of searching is different than mine?

I just type "anna rosa" flask or "anna rosa" flasks in the upper left hand search box.
Do you start on my store page or from anywhere?



I searched on anna rosa flasks in both the mp and your store and got 9 results in both cases. I also tried it with and without quotation marks and got the same result. I also tried in both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browsers. Same result.
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 7:51:09 AM
Susannah Keegan wrote:
AnnaRosaEnergyArtist wrote:
Susannah Keegan wrote:
I also searched the marketplace for anna rosa flasks and got 9, both signed in and signed out.


I also see 9 when searching your store.


Thank you. I am wondering if your method of searching is different than mine?

I just type "anna rosa" flask or "anna rosa" flasks in the upper left hand search box.
Do you start on my store page or from anywhere?



I searched on anna rosa flasks in both the mp and your store and got 9 results in both cases. I also tried it with and without quotation marks and got the same result. I also tried in both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browsers. Same result.



Strange. I guess this is one of those "oh well"s.
I tried every which way..including using the old IE with no new cache.


Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 7:53:20 AM
Susannah Keegan wrote:
AnnaRosaEnergyArtist wrote:
Susannah Keegan wrote:
I also searched the marketplace for anna rosa flasks and got 9, both signed in and signed out.


I also see 9 when searching your store.


Thank you. I am wondering if your method of searching is different than mine?

I just type "anna rosa" flask or "anna rosa" flasks in the upper left hand search box.
Do you start on my store page or from anywhere?



I searched on anna rosa flasks in both the mp and your store and got 9 results in both cases. I also tried it with and without quotation marks and got the same result. I also tried in both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browsers. Same result.



To add to the experimental results, I tried a search in the marketplace for anna rosa flasks (no quotation marks), using Firefox.

On zazzle.com signed in - 9 flasks
on zazzle .co.uk not signed in - 9 flasks

Hopefully this will put your mind at rest :-)
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 7:54:16 AM
I don't think you need to include the quotations when searching for a word you know is tagged.

but just to add in, I'm searching same as everyone else and getting 9 flasks too. All looks good. Clear you cache and cookies see if this makes a difference.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded