Profile completion 90%
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 12:15:46 PM
under my prfile/ it says "profile completion 90% customize a product (+10%)" 1. question is how are custom design products different than the products we made for our store/ or are they? 2. How many do we need total to fulfill the requirement for profile completion? (So far I have 2, a customizable digital business card and a tumbler graphic.)
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 12:38:00 PM
michael morehouse wrote:
under my prfile/ it says "profile completion 90% customize a product (+10%)" 1. question is how are custom design products different than the products we made for our store/ or are they? 2. How many do we need total to fulfill the requirement for profile completion? (So far I have 2, a customizable digital business card and a tumbler graphic.)


My guess is ten products that can be customized by the customer using a text template. But 90% is good for now if you want to concentrate on working on more products first. it really is not that important. There are successful designers that have 0 or 10% profile completion. It's a little vague why this completion thing ever got implemented. it doesn't influence your store or product exposure at all, or that's what most of us thing at least.

As for your collections... make sure you have 7 products in each, otherwise they won't be visible to customers.

You have wonderful artwork, you should do good on here. As long as you use descriptive titles, well written descriptions, and relevant tag words.

Good luck, and above all... have fun!

Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 12:45:40 PM
michael morehouse wrote:
under my prfile/ it says "profile completion 90% customize a product (+10%)" 1. question is how are custom design products different than the products we made for our store/ or are they? 2. How many do we need total to fulfill the requirement for profile completion? (So far I have 2, a customizable digital business card and a tumbler graphic.)


You need to customize a product, not post one that can be customized. At least that is how it worked for me on all of my stores.

So...Pick any product from the MP, or from your own products, click to customize them and just let them go into your Saved folder. It will take 10 or so to fulfill.
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 1:20:42 PM
ArtAttic wrote:
michael morehouse wrote:
under my prfile/ it says "profile completion 90% customize a product (+10%)" 1. question is how are custom design products different than the products we made for our store/ or are they? 2. How many do we need total to fulfill the requirement for profile completion? (So far I have 2, a customizable digital business card and a tumbler graphic.)


My guess is ten products that can be customized by the customer using a text template. But 90% is good for now if you want to concentrate on working on more products first. it really is not that important. There are successful designers that have 0 or 10% profile completion. It's a little vague why this completion thing ever got implemented. it doesn't influence your store or product exposure at all, or that's what most of us thing at least.

As for your collections... make sure you have 7 products in each, otherwise they won't be visible to customers.

You have wonderful artwork, you should do good on here. As long as you use descriptive titles, well written descriptions, and relevant tag words.

Good luck, and above all... have fun!

Sad Sad ArtAttic, thanks so I can just leave the profile at 90% and focus on my collections and descriptions. Yes working to be a straight forward as possible ... AND also, yikes you're saying 7 or no visibility?? I thought I read 4?? ok, 7 it is. AND last question, does each collection necessarily have to be the same design? i'm a painter, so i've been casting things ensemble, by theme, or sometimes by the "design" itself. i notice a fair amount just make their collections around a single design.
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 1:23:07 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
michael morehouse wrote:
under my prfile/ it says "profile completion 90% customize a product (+10%)" 1. question is how are custom design products different than the products we made for our store/ or are they? 2. How many do we need total to fulfill the requirement for profile completion? (So far I have 2, a customizable digital business card and a tumbler graphic.)


You need to customize a product, not post one that can be customized. At least that is how it worked for me on all of my stores.

So...Pick any product from the MP, or from your own products, click to customize them and just let them go into your Saved folder. It will take 10 or so to fulfill.
TY! that makes sense. Any other feedback appreciated!!
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 1:52:10 PM
regarding your collections, you can organize them however you see fit.

by design or by product or by what ever other common denominator you want to.

get creative with them.

They are useful for promotions outside of Zazzle and if they have 7 or more products in them they show up on the product pages of each item above the "other designs you might like" feed which gives you one more chance to make a sale before the shopper potentially clicks out to another shop.
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 2:21:08 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
regarding your collections, you can organize them however you see fit.

by design or by product or by what ever other common denominator you want to.

get creative with them.

They are useful for promotions outside of Zazzle and if they have 7 or more products in them they show up on the product pages of each item above the "other designs you might like" feed which gives you one more chance to make a sale before the shopper potentially clicks out to another shop.


Yes to what Shelli said...

You can put in collections what ever you like... by theme as in floral, by color i.e blue, by a certain product such as pillows, etc. Heck, you can even toss a whole bunch in one collection and call it 'Miscellaneous Michael Morehouse Art' in case you have several single products with different art paintings. Plus you can also cross link between collections. For instance... a pillow with a red Cardinal (just picking an example) can be put in a collection where the denominator is 'Red Art', and you can also put it in a collection that has i.e 'Nature' as denominator.

Possibilities galore Idea
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 3:04:50 PM
ArtAttic wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
regarding your collections, you can organize them however you see fit.

by design or by product or by what ever other common denominator you want to.

get creative with them.

They are useful for promotions outside of Zazzle and if they have 7 or more products in them they show up on the product pages of each item above the "other designs you might like" feed which gives you one more chance to make a sale before the shopper potentially clicks out to another shop.


Yes to what Shelli said...

You can put in collections what ever you like... by theme as in floral, by color i.e blue, by a certain product such as pillows, etc. Heck, you can even toss a whole bunch in one collection and call it 'Miscellaneous Michael Morehouse Art' in case you have several single products with different art paintings. Plus you can also cross link between collections. For instance... a pillow with a red Cardinal (just picking an example) can be put in a collection where the denominator is 'Red Art', and you can also put it in a collection that has i.e 'Nature' as denominator.

Possibilities galore Idea


True. But keep in mind that the number of collections for the time being is limited and may always be 1000. So if you concern yourself with broken links, the choice to set up a collection for whatever should be thought well through. And while you can stuff 300 items into a collections, less is better. I find 300 too large. So afaik a collection is precious and I wouldn't go wild with them but think them through and use them with purpose.
.
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 4:02:24 PM
vivendulies wrote:

True. But keep in mind that the number of collections for the time being is limited and may always be 1000. So if you concern yourself with broken links, the choice to set up a collection for whatever should be thought well through. And while you can stuff 300 items into a collections, less is better. I find 300 too large. So afaik a collection is precious and I wouldn't go wild with them but think them through and use them with purpose.


Broken collection links only occur when collections are posted outside of Zazzle (by the designer or by an affiliate) and then later the collection will be deleted by the designer, no? In case a designer does not want the collection to be visible anymore, but doesn't want to risk that it exists on an affiliate page without knowing about it, there is the option to set it to private. If I'm correct, the existing product links will then still work and not be broken.

Your advice is solid, but I wasn't suggesting creating a thousand collections, or stuffing them with 300 products Laughing Laughing Laughing That would be quite a feat for a beginning Zazzler. The OP is probably bright enough to make the right decision how to make collections work and will take his time to get his store in order.

Personally I only have 120 collections, and actually only created them so my relating products will be visible on the product pages with my designs, whether by color, design, or product type. Also, I have never concerned myself with broken links. I'm sure I have broken hundreds of links by deleting products and creating new ones. It has not affected my sales, they are up quite a bit.
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 4:14:01 PM
ArtAttic wrote:
vivendulies wrote:

True. But keep in mind that the number of collections for the time being is limited and may always be 1000. So if you concern yourself with broken links, the choice to set up a collection for whatever should be thought well through. And while you can stuff 300 items into a collections, less is better. I find 300 too large. So afaik a collection is precious and I wouldn't go wild with them but think them through and use them with purpose.


Broken collection links only occur when collections are posted outside of Zazzle (by the designer or by an affiliate) and then later the collection will be deleted by the designer, no? In case a designer does not want the collection to be visible anymore, but doesn't want to risk that it exists on an affiliate page without knowing about it, there is the option to set it to private. If I'm correct, the existing product links will then still work and not be broken.

Your advice is solid, but I wasn't suggesting creating a thousand collections, or stuffing them with 300 products Laughing Laughing Laughing That would be quite a feat for a beginning Zazzler. The OP is probably bright enough to make the right decision how to make collections work and will take his time to get his store in order.

Personally I only have 120 collections, and actually only created them so my relating products will be visible on the product pages with my designs, whether by color, design, or product type. Also, I have never concerned myself with broken links. I'm sure I have broken hundreds of links by deleting products and creating new ones. It has not affected my sales, they are up quite a bit.


You have no control over who promotes your collection. And too many broken link will discourage affiliates. So playing to often with collection by creating and deleting is not advisable.

I have close to 300 collections and I start to get really annoyed when I have to rearrange them for any holidays like for the upcoming Halloween.

I stay away from creating collections for matching sets, as much as I would like to create them individually for party items, clothes, etc. but I would quickly reach 1000 collections and rearranging them would be a real pain.

As it is at the moment collections are fun and very useful, but they have their downside in many ways. So when creating them it is advisable to coordinate them with the overall goals and strategies, which may differ from designer to designer.
.
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 4:25:38 PM
·▽·

You have the advantage that all your skateboards appear underneath each and offer as a suitable teaser.

But the number of products available on zazzle makes collections by products not a generally good option.

Whatever direction you go you bump into walls and limitations. I find it helpful to have the occasional reminder and I'm always grateful when fellow designer remind me. I didn't imply anything but meant it as food for thought.

Smile
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 9:32:24 PM
ArtAttic wrote:


Broken collection links only occur when collections are posted outside of Zazzle (by the designer or by an affiliate) and then later the collection will be deleted by the designer, no? In case a designer does not want the collection to be visible anymore, but doesn't want to risk that it exists on an affiliate page without knowing about it, there is the option to set it to private. If I'm correct, the existing product links will then still work and not be broken.



I thought this too, but I just tested a collection to see what would happen and when I set it to private and then tried sharing it I got a pop up warning that with it set to private it would only be viewable to me. So that means if you set your collections to private after you have shared them or an affiliate has shared them it does break the links.

personally I have 302 collections, I can make 698 more before I hit the limit... I think we don't really have to worry that much about running out. Especially new designers who have a while to go to even catch up with us who haven't even used up half of them yet.
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 10:23:48 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:


Broken collection links only occur when collections are posted outside of Zazzle (by the designer or by an affiliate) and then later the collection will be deleted by the designer, no? In case a designer does not want the collection to be visible anymore, but doesn't want to risk that it exists on an affiliate page without knowing about it, there is the option to set it to private. If I'm correct, the existing product links will then still work and not be broken.



I thought this too, but I just tested a collection to see what would happen and when I set it to private and then tried sharing it I got a pop up warning that with it set to private it would only be viewable to me. So that means if you set your collections to private after you have shared them or an affiliate has shared them it does break the links.

personally I have 302 collections, I can make 698 more before I hit the limit... I think we don't really have to worry that much about running out. Especially new designers who have a while to go to even catch up with us who haven't even used up half of them yet.


You reach that limit sooner than you will like it. I have 5000+ designs and I'm not done designing, which means I definitely won't be able to set up a collection per design unless I start to manage more than one account and since I'm a one woman show with accounts not just on zazzle, I quickly run out of resources if I start that kind of craze. I could start to group collections like cute cartoon animals, but I quickly end up with 300 items in the collection and from my marine time collection I took away that 300 is too much. I rather not build large collections. 60 to 120 items per collections is more to my liking. But then the thought of rearranging 1000 collections with the current options gives me the creeps, too.
.


Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 11:17:35 PM
vivendulies wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:


Broken collection links only occur when collections are posted outside of Zazzle (by the designer or by an affiliate) and then later the collection will be deleted by the designer, no? In case a designer does not want the collection to be visible anymore, but doesn't want to risk that it exists on an affiliate page without knowing about it, there is the option to set it to private. If I'm correct, the existing product links will then still work and not be broken.



I thought this too, but I just tested a collection to see what would happen and when I set it to private and then tried sharing it I got a pop up warning that with it set to private it would only be viewable to me. So that means if you set your collections to private after you have shared them or an affiliate has shared them it does break the links.

personally I have 302 collections, I can make 698 more before I hit the limit... I think we don't really have to worry that much about running out. Especially new designers who have a while to go to even catch up with us who haven't even used up half of them yet.


You reach that limit sooner than you will like it. I have 5000+ designs and I'm not done designing, which means I definitely won't be able to set up a collection per design unless I start to manage more than one account and since I'm a one woman show with accounts not just on zazzle, I quickly run out of resources if I start that kind of craze. I could start to group collections like cute cartoon animals, but I quickly end up with 300 items in the collection and from my marine time collection I took away that 300 is too much. I rather not build large collections. 60 to 120 items per collections is more to my liking. But then the thought of rearranging 1000 collections with the current options gives me the creeps, too.
.




I know! Already mine seem unwieldy. I think the largest one I have is around 200 products and I think I would rather delete it and start over than have to try to organize it. I won’t though because I know that one is being promoted.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded