Product Photos
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:30:38 AM
How/where do you obtain photos/graphics of your product to share on social media? When I copy any from the Zazzle site they're not clear enough. Thanks ~
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:48:57 AM
Click on the share icons under the image of the product on the product page.
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:10:20 AM
Thank you, but there's no Instagram link. I clicked the "link" button, then dragged the graphic out, but when I posted it to Instagram it was blurry.
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:21:56 AM
Lynda Asprinio wrote:
Thank you, but there's no Instagram link. I clicked the "link" button, then dragged the graphic out, but when I posted it to Instagram it was blurry.

You can only share to Insta via a phone using the Zazzle App
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:56:50 AM
Ooh! Thank you.
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:18:16 AM
Lynda Asprinio wrote:
How/where do you obtain photos/graphics of your product to share on social media? When I copy any from the Zazzle site they're not clear enough. Thanks ~

I use Firefox so what I do is:

1) Go to whatever product page
2) Select the view you want of it from the thumbnails.
3) Right-click somewhere over a blank spot on the page
4) Click "View Page Info" from the drop-down menu that opens up
5) In the info window that opens, click the Media tab at top
6) In the top section is a scrollable list of all the images on the page. The bottom section shows the image you have highlighted in the top. The middle section gives you info about the image.
7) Use the scroll bar or the up/down arrows on your keyboard to scroll the list until you find the correct image.
*If you opened "View Page Info" from the regular view on the product page, you'll find a 540 x 540 image of the product. If you use the Zoom to get the larger preview on the product page before opening "View Page Info", you'll find a 1106 x 1106 image.
8) With the image you want selected, copy it's Location (URL) from the middle section. Paste the URL into another browser tab and then right-click to save/download the image.
9) Now you have a nice clear product image to use/upload however you like.

I like to use these images to make my own "ads" for sharing. Like this or this.
(The size of those images (1120 x 875) happens to work out nicely for both Pinterest and FB.)

Sounds tedious but once you've done it once or twice, it's really just a little bit of clicking.

Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 4:11:34 PM
I use Safari on Mac and just go to share, click on Pinterest button, right click on picture, and do "save image as...". It gives decent size around 1100x1100 pix and 96 dpi.
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:28:24 AM
Thank you Coleen Z and yuliakazansky ~
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:23:49 AM
-.-

Downloading marketing material:

1. Click the chain icon
  2. Right click on the image
  3. Copy image URL
  4. Open new tab
  5. Paste address into the browser address field
  6. Edit image size to whatever you prefer(~?max_dim=325) and hit enter
  7. Save to computer and upload to instagram

OR

1. Open collection or product admin
  2. Right click image
  3. Copy image URL
  4. etc. see procedure above.
  5. ...

-.-
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:07:01 AM
vivendulies wrote:

1. Click the chain icon
  3. Copy image URL
  4. Open new tab

That's nice! If you delete everything after the .jpg in the URL (?rlvnet=1&max_dim=325) you get an 1106 x 1106 image with an abbreviated product title, store name, and Zazzle at the bottom of it.
If you instead change that max_dim=325 to anything 699 or less, you'll get an image approximately that size and without that text line at the bottom of it. 700 & up produces an image with the text line. This is definitely a fast way to get a nice big clean image as you can always crop off the text line if you don't want it.

vivendulies wrote:

2. Right click image
  3. Copy image URL
  5. ...

Right-clicking from the back end nets you an image either 540 x 540 or sometimes 432 x 432.
Right-clicking from a collection page yields an image that is 648 x 648.
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:15:30 AM
Col's Creations wrote:
vivendulies wrote:

1. Click the chain icon
  3. Copy image URL
  4. Open new tab

That's nice! If you delete everything after the .jpg in the URL (?rlvnet=1&max_dim=325) you get an 1106 x 1106 image with an abbreviated product title, store name, and Zazzle at the bottom of it.
If you instead change that max_dim=325 to anything 699 or less, you'll get an image approximately that size and without that text line at the bottom of it. 700 & up produces an image with the text line. This is definitely a fast way to get a nice big clean image as you can always crop off the text line if you don't want it.

vivendulies wrote:

2. Right click image
  3. Copy image URL
  5. ...

Right-clicking from the back end nets you an image either 540 x 540 or sometimes 432 x 432.
Right-clicking from a collection page yields an image that is 648 x 648.

I often copy the image to my photoshop and create my own frame, which is why I edit the picture size in the address field in the browser to meet my file size in photoshop and my instagram portfolio match in respect of color choices I made in the zazzle tool.
-.-
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 2:55:53 PM
Col's Creations wrote:
Lynda Asprinio wrote:

I use Firefox so what I do is:

1) Go to whatever product page
2) Select the view you want of it from the thumbnails.
3) Right-click somewhere over a blank spot on the page
4) Click "View Page Info" from the drop-down menu that opens up
5) In the info window that opens, click the Media tab at top
6) In the top section is a scrollable list of all the images on the page. The bottom section shows the image you have highlighted in the top. The middle section gives you info about the image.
7) Use the scroll bar or the up/down arrows on your keyboard to scroll the list until you find the correct image.
*If you opened "View Page Info" from the regular view on the product page, you'll find a 540 x 540 image of the product. If you use the Zoom to get the larger preview on the product page before opening "View Page Info", you'll find a 1106 x 1106 image.
8) With the image you want selected, copy it's Location (URL) from the middle section. Paste the URL into another browser tab and then right-click to save/download the image.
9) Now you have a nice clear product image to use/upload however you like.

I like to use these images to make my own "ads" for sharing. Like this or this.
(The size of those images (1120 x 875) happens to work out nicely for both Pinterest and FB.)

Sounds tedious but once you've done it once or twice, it's really just a little bit of clicking.

Thank you Col for the step by step. I will save this along with other vital info. Love
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 2:57:40 PM
vivendulies wrote:
-.-

Downloading marketing material:

1. Click the chain icon
  3. Copy image URL
  4. Open new tab

OR

2. Right click image
  3. Copy image URL
  5. ...

-.-

Thank you.
I will be trying this out soon as well.
Looking ahead. So you do a print screen into your editing program?