Personalize
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:31:27 PM
I have created templates that just have a image loaded onto the product, but when i go incognito the products allow me to customize but not personalize. Why isn't it giving me the option to add text?
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:45:38 PM
I'm assuming you're on the product page? Personalize only shows up if you've added text to the product before it was posted, and you made the text a template object.
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:58:43 PM
So just posting an image and then making it template for sale will not let customer add text, I have to actually setup the text fields then post template for sale for personlize to appear?
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:16:24 PM
Yes. Each text field needs to be made a template object individually.
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:32:38 PM
ok, actually I have looking at so many old youtube videos, not too many new ones out there.

Ok it looks like if I just have an image out there and the customer clicks on Customize then the customize window opens and there is a text option. So they can add text if they choose to.

I guess the only time you would need to use a text template is if you wanted a name to be personalized to another name such as change Mittens to Fluffy.
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 8:34:03 PM
There are other reasons for text templates. Greeting cards, invitations, business cards . Make any text a template object, so the customer doesn’t have to click on the customize button and figure out the design tool.
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:26:12 AM
Thank you much
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2018 2:53:07 AM
I want each product to be personalized. So I make the images a template so they can change it if they wish and I could add a general text such as "Add Personalization" and make a text template as well and if I understand this correctly then they should be able to change the image if they wish or change the text and even delete the text if they wish?

I want to make sure they would be able to delete the text if they wish.
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2018 7:04:17 AM
You do have the option to delete text, yes. Once you don't lock it. they can remove the sample text from the template field, or click on "customize further and remove the text box altogether.