One image all designs, organize into collections (NEWBIE)
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 1:25:54 PM
Hello. I searched the forum but was not able to find what I'm looking for. How do I upload one image to all my products? Then, can I make that one collection? Am I also then able to make other collections from those products? I can't seem to find where to start. I found a place to upload one design, but it didn't draw all products, only put on like 20. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:04:19 PM
On Zazzle you can't just upload one design and automatically put it on all products. What wouldn't make sense anyway, considering the huge assortment of products of all shapes, Zazzle offers. There is a Quick Create functionality that lets you put one design on defined sets of products, but even that needs a fine tuning afterwards - and has some quirks.

What you can do is create universal designs at a size of 6000 x 6000 pixel to cover most products but the large ones (such as large blankets, duvet covers, large tapestries etc), that you can then use on several products where it fits well, even if they're as small as necklaces. For some products you need specific adaptions, tho, to fit well the product shapes, and the large ones need larger images (the max you really need is 10400 x 10400 pixel for the king size duvets and tapestries, with some few exceptions that have specific sizes anyway).

In any case, creating products on Zazzle is more than just putting a design on them and sell. You have plenty of tools and customizing possibilities, you can make personalizable templates with monograms, names, photo placeholders, which can easily be replaced by shoppers with their own content, you can link your store and products with your own website via API and more, but you also have to spend time, e.g. to add SEO friendly descriptions, titles and tags, so your products can be found in searches.

Yes, you can make up to 1000 collections with max 150 items per collection. You can put every item in more than one collection, this across all your stores, and you can even make collections of other designers' works.

It's way too much to explain all here, but there are plenty of information in these forums, plus try and error is also a good way to learn how all works. And if you need some advice here and there, there are plenty of designers and mods in these forums glad to help you out.

Good luck!
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2019 6:17:14 PM
Wendy Beugels and Tonya Wilhelm wrote:
Hello. I searched the forum but was not able to find what I'm looking for. How do I upload one image to all my products? Then, can I make that one collection? Am I also then able to make other collections from those products? I can't seem to find where to start. I found a place to upload one design, but it didn't draw all products, only put on like 20. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

I recommend creating products one at a time to begin. I used Quick Create in the beginning, and it wasn't to my benefit. It takes time to learn how to design products on Zazzle, as their design tools are more advanced than most other print-on-demand sites.

While on your store's home page, look for the Quick Links on the right side of the page. (Make sure you're in the store management view, not the public view of your store.) Click the link to Create a product, and it will take you here: https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts

From there you can either drill down through the product tree on the left, or search for a product in the "search custom products" box.

Once you find the product you want to design, click on its thumbnail, and you'll be taken to its product page. Click "Add Image" or "Add Text" to begin designing the product. This will open up the 'designer'. There is more information here about using the design tool (but ignore what it says about adding icons, as that's only for customers; we can't sell products that use the icons.): https://help.zazzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004604127-Basic-Design-Tool-Functionality-Adding-Images-Text-#AddingImages

Once you've finished designing the item, click "Done". Become familiar with any style settings applicable to the product (they appear on the product page, to the right.) Test different sizes, if applicable, to be sure your finished design works well with them. If a style doesn't work with your design, you may be able to limit the options to a style that does when you post it for sale.

If everything looks good, click the 'Sell it" button. That opens the page where you add your title, description, and tags. But before you do, study up on what to do, and what not to do, here: https://help.zazzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000373127-Title-Description-Tagging-Best-Practices

The 'Post Product for Sale' page is also where you choose a proper product category for your item, limit options that the customer can choose (when needed), optionally choose Event/Occasion & Recipient categories, and choose a category within your store for the product.

You'll also need to choose a rating for your product, depending on whether it's appropriate for everyone, or needs restrictions to teens or adults. In that same section, you can choose whether or not the customer has the ability to customize the design themselves.

Lastly, choose a royalty setting and affirm that your have the right to publish the product with the art you used.

And that's the short version. There is a LOT to explore and learn.

You absolutely should read the stickied threads at the top of this subforum. Yes, some of them are long, but it will save you grief later by helping you avoid some of the common pitfalls.

You should also read up on how to create templates, as they're what sets Zazzle apart from other print-on-demand services: https://help.zazzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/219145288-Creating-a-Product-Template
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:03:50 AM
Thank you so much. I do know I will be tweaking each design, just trying to figure out the best way to start creating. I appreciate all your information. Grin
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:06:50 AM
Thank you so much for the information and links. I will do that. I do have a cafepress store but like the selection of products here better. SmileLaughing
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 5:51:44 AM
Thank you so much for the information and links. I will do that. I do have a cafepress store but like the selection of products here better. SmileLaughing

I think you'll also find the design tool here is far superior to the competition's, but that of course means there can be a bit of a learning curve. I've been through two redesigns of the design tool itself in the five years I've been here. The takeaway being that Zazzle is always looking for ways to improve the design tool for its designers and customers.

Zazzle hasn't been releasing new products as often as they used to, and some of my favorites have disappeared from the site. My point being, it's wise to diversify when it comes to your product offerings, and not put all of your eggs in one basket. The slower release of products is actually a positive to some of us; less of a frenzy, trying to keep up.

One thing I don't think we've mentioned is the need to promote your products. You can do that right from the product page after posting for sale, without having to wait for it to appear in your public storefront or Zazzle's marketplace (there's a link to your new product from the confirmation page after you post for sale.) People use various social media for promoting (Twitter and Pinterest seem to be popular, not so much Facebook unless you already have an established following there. As with many things, your mileage may vary.)

ETA: You should look into using a business account, rather than using your personal social media accounts, for promoting your products. (While some might tell you there's not need for that, others have reported getting into trouble by posting their products to personal accounts.)

I look forward to seeing what you have to offer.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 7:03:11 AM
Thank you again! I actually already have a business account and social media. I'm in the process of launching a children's book series and merchandising products. Smile

ETA: You should look into using a business account, rather than using your personal social media accounts, for promoting your products. (While some might tell you there's not need for that, others have reported getting into trouble by posting their products to personal accounts.)

I look forward to seeing what you have to offer.[/quote]
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 8:02:43 AM
Thank you again! I actually already have a business account and social media. I'm in the process of launching a children's book series and merchandising products. Smile

Fantastic! Sounds like you're ready to achieve great things.