Lost and confused.
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2019 6:47:59 AM
I'm new here and I barely have any clue how I'm supposed to do this. I've been trying to watch tutorial videos but they're not helping me. I have my banner up and have uploaded a bunch of images I want to use but have zero clue as to how to open my first store. I feel like a chicken running around with it's head cut off trying to navigate through this site.
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2019 7:32:41 AM
hi Richard, if you go the the stores tab on your profile page you should see a blue button on the top right side that says "open new store"

from there it will walk you through the steps of setup.

most everything you need to find can be found on those tabs at the top of your profile or store pages. then start looking for blue links.

the good news is you can keep your stores hidden if you want to until you get them "ready" to launch.

Good luck
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2019 8:01:54 AM
Also, if you ever can't find something go to your avatar and hover on it with your mouse and a handy drop down menu will appear.
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2019 8:16:56 PM
Okay. I think I'm slowly starting to get the hang of how this site works. The real problem I'm having is that I'm overseas right now and internet is VERY slow so I'll have to wait until I get back home before I do more with it. Until then, My store will be set to private. I have another store I want to delete but I can't find a delete option so that store will remain private indefinitely (nothing in it anyway).

Just curious, I've added one product to one of my stores but my store says no products found.

Also, is there an option to turn one's art design into a pattern?
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2019 8:28:25 PM
We can’t delete stores, so leave it private.

Products don’t show up publicly immediately. They have to be indexed first, usually within 24 hours.

You can tile images in the design tool, and there are several tiling options.
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 10:58:45 AM
Tried the tile options and nothing worked. Is there any other way to create a pattern effect? If Zazzle does not have this option in any way, I'll be very disappointed.
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 11:02:15 AM
Also this site won't allow me to delete a "saved design" I was trying to experiment with. No intention of actually trying to sell the product. Just playing around trying to learn how the design edit tools function. Don't want to keep it but now I'm stuck with it.
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 11:35:14 AM
When you are logged in there will be a circular icon that quickly gets you to your profile and store(s). Hover over it and you will see a dropdown menu. One of the options will be Saved Designs. Choose that and then either click the box below your saved product icon and choose Delete Selected or choose Select All and then Delete (if you have multiple products). That gets rid of products you haven't yet published.

The only option for making patterns is tiling. I am not sure what you mean by "nothing worked". Do you mean the image you selected didn't tile? The image must be smaller than the canvas to see the tiles. Do you mean you didn't like the results? Those are the only options.
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 11:39:29 AM
Richard Sine wrote:
Tried the tile options and nothing worked. Is there any other way to create a pattern effect? If Zazzle does not have this option in any way, I'll be very disappointed.

Did you try the centered option or the mirror? You may need to create your pattern in your own design software program and then upload it if the tiling options here don't do what you are expecting.

I create seamless tiles in Gimp then use Zazzle's centered tiling for many of my patterns.

Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 8:44:40 PM
Okay I just figured out how to get the tile effect to work. I'm slowly getting the hang of how things work on this site. It's just a very slow process for me but I'm coming along.
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 9:51:41 PM
You’ll catch on, don’t give up. 👍