Logo visibility and credit for my designs vs. "designed by zazzle-templates"
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 7:42:49 PM
I'm about to open my store and I have a couple of important questions that will affect my designs.

1. First of all, will Zazzle put my logo on things or do I need to put that into my designs. A throw pillow, for example...will it have a tag with my logo on it? Same question about wall clocks and mugs and other products...will my logo be on the bottom/back of the item??

2. Why do some products say designed by me while others say designed by zazzle-templates?? . Sometimes it even says "Artwork designed by zazzle-templates". That's really specific and I don't want to confuse my customers, but I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to this. To clarify, I am an artist and have spent years developing my graphic design style, which is distinct--so I am not creating designs through the template, only arranging them.

Someone with knowledge and experience please help me out! Thanks!! Love Roses
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 7:56:38 PM
Olivyea wrote:
I'm about to open my store and I have a couple of important questions that will affect my designs.

1. First of all, will Zazzle put my logo on things or do I need to put that into my designs. A throw pillow, for example...will it have a tag with my logo on it? Same question about wall clocks and mugs and other products...will my logo be on the bottom/back of the item??

2. Why do some products say designed by me while others say designed by zazzle-templates?? . Sometimes it even says "Artwork designed by zazzle-templates". That's really specific and I don't want to confuse my customers, but I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to this. To clarify, I am an artist and have spent years developing my graphic design style, which is distinct--so I am not creating designs through the template, only arranging them.

You will have to place your own logo on products. You choose where it goes, within the area of the product able to be designed.

I've never seen "designed by zazzle-templates", so can't address that piece.
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 7:57:28 PM
Quote:

you will have to add your own logo, it will have to be on the design somewhere where you place it, whether front or back etc... there are not any tags that we can design on.

Quote:

Once you actually publish a design it will say designed for you by Olivyea or what ever your store name is...

only blank templates say "zazzle templates" or "designed by you"

hope this helps!

Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 7:58:03 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Olivyea wrote:

You will have to place your own logo on products. You choose where it goes, within the area of the product able to be designed.

I've never seen "designed by zazzle-templates", so can't address that piece.

dang you are fast Fuzzy! Laughing
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 7:59:41 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
dang you are fast Fuzzy! Laughing

Well, I did used to be able to type 120 words a minute (on a computer keyboard)
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 8:01:40 PM
Keep in mind that logos/your name may not work on all products and customers may not purchase certain products that contain a logo/your name. Really take that, and more, into consideration before adding logo/your name to certain products. Most here only add it to back of greeting cards and maybe canvas/other prints.
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 8:02:13 PM

A-ha! Sounds like she is trying to use a Zazzle DIY blank from the product grid?

Olivyea, use this link to find blanks you can use to design products to offer for sale: https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 8:05:03 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Keep in mind that logos/your name may not work on all products and customers may not purchase certain products that contain a logo/your name. Really take that, and more, into consideration before adding logo/your name to certain products. Most here only add it to back of greeting cards and maybe canvas/other prints.

+1; I was adding mine for a while, and have sold a product here and there with a tiny version of my logo on it. But unless it's unobtrusive/easy to overlook, it's probably a turnoff to most customers, who aren't necessarily coming here to buy something recognizable from Designer X with their logo on it.

It depends on whether the artist in question has that level of established reputation. I sure don't!
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 8:07:37 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:

A-ha! Sounds like she is trying to use a Zazzle DIY blank from the product grid?

Olivyea, use this link to find blanks you can use to design products to offer for sale: https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts

Actually, some weeks back, when Z started making changes to "Create", it was requested of us to design products found here: Zazzle Templates (Newest). Think of it as a new version of Zazzleblanks we once used.
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 8:10:05 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:

Actually, some weeks back, when Z started making changes to "Create", it was requested of us to design products found here: Zazzle Templates (Newest). Think of it as a new version of Zazzleblanks we once used.

Totally missed that announcement. Thanks!
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 8:10:49 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:

+1; I was adding mine for a while, and have sold a product here and there with a tiny version of my logo on it. But unless it's unobtrusive/easy to overlook, it's probably a turnoff to most customers, who aren't necessarily coming here to buy something recognizable from Designer X with their logo on it.

It depends on whether the artist in question has that level of established reputation. I sure don't!

You are right in all you said. Though some may not want logos on certain products from even well known designers. I know I rarely see logos on any of the Brands products. There may be some, but probably only if it can be incorporated into the design... And it makes sense to be there. I only put mine on backs of cards/postcards when/if I design those.
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 8:11:42 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:

Totally missed that announcement. Thanks!

You're welcome! It stays updated (except, of course, for the Espadrilles) and is specifically for our use.
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 8:38:01 PM
This is FANTABULOUS! You all are so great. Answered my questions and then some. How nice to find a community where people are so helpful. Love Love Love

QUESTION:
I do have another question, if any of you know...is there a way to integrate Zazzle with an Etsy shop?? I think people are combining the two some how. Any idea how that works exactly?

Thanks!
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 8:40:56 PM
Olivyea wrote:
This is FANTABULOUS! You all are so great. Answered my questions and then some. How nice to find a community where people are so helpful. Love Love Love

QUESTION:
I do have another question, if any of you know...is there a way to integrate Zazzle with an Etsy shop?? I think people are combining the two some how. Any idea how that works exactly?

Thanks!

Sorry can’t help you there. The others might. Best wishes Olivyea. 🌻
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 8:51:10 PM
No worries, Thank you Shelli! Smile
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 6:58:05 AM
Olivyea wrote:

QUESTION:

Thanks!

I've noticed this too.
I believe they are manually creating products on Etsy using the same design as their Zazzle products.
They may or may not actually fulfill the order through Zazzle in some way, that's probably different for each individual product and vary by the seller.
Don't think there is a way to automatically hook them up - except for a direct link to the product on Zazzle, which I'm fairly certain Etsy would frown upon.

There are a few invitation customizers out there which can allow an Etsy customer to personalize their own items. They look a bit like Zazzle's designer interface but are *I believe* not actually related. The designer would have recreated the product on that customizer platform, and created a manual post on Etsy.

Those are my findings anyway Smile
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 8:52:13 PM
Thank you, Paper Grape. I've learned a couple of interesting things now, one is that there is a partnership between Etsy and Printify. And also, I think that some people are putting up listings on Etsy, using their Zazzle photos and then placing orders from their own Zazzle store to drop ship to customers. Sounds complicated! Thanks a bunch for your input. Smile
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 8:58:46 PM
Olivyea wrote:
Thank you, Paper Grape. I've learned a couple of interesting things now, one is that there is a partnership between Etsy and Printify. And also, I think that some people are putting up listings on Etsy, using their Zazzle photos and then placing orders from their own Zazzle store to drop ship to customers. Sounds complicated! Thanks a bunch for your input. Smile

I don't think dropshipping from Zazzle is allowed *shrugs* At least I've never heard of it being allowed.
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 9:45:38 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Olivyea wrote:

I don't think dropshipping from Zazzle is allowed *shrugs* At least I've never heard of it being allowed.

I think that rule may only apply to Zazzle Black. For those who don’t know, Zazzle Black allows you to pay a one time fee and then get free shipping on all orders for a year. But it’s only for personal use, not for shipping to other people. If you’re paying for shipping on every order, I can’t imagine why that would be a problem to Zazzle. They aren’t losing anything. But it wouldn’t hurt to contact Z for clarification.
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 9:54:24 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of Zazzle Black when I posted.
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 9:55:27 PM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Olivyea wrote:

I think that rule may only apply to Zazzle Black. For those who don’t know, Zazzle Black allows you to pay a one time fee and then get free shipping on all orders for a year. But it’s only for personal use, not for shipping to other people. If you’re paying for shipping on every order, I can’t imagine why that would be a problem to Zazzle. They aren’t losing anything. But it wouldn’t hurt to contact Z for clarification.

Exactly.

With etsys new policy of favoring free shipping at $35 within the US you may either be fairly invisible on etsy by not choosing to offer it or run into trouble with pricing or loosing money by offering free shipping on etsy and have shipping costs with zazzle.

·
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:48:07 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:

I was going to say this as well, but if it's really "art" then people don't mind an artist's signature, which you can put right into the images.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 12:38:14 PM
Thanks chef Smile