How Much Do YOU Earn Per Month? 4 pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 1:54:07 PM
Raluca Adam wrote:
I am trying zazzle too, i read your comments and i am not sure i want to continue Idea

The place to start is to ask yourself what you hope to achieve - what is your goal? You may have to revisit this many times, continually asking yourself whether your goals are realistic, or whether you need to revise your expectations.

Few goals are achieved without a plan. So you have to ask not only what is the goal, but how to go about achieving it? That involves breaking things down into short-term targets, that lead up to the overall goal.

You have some cute stuff. But like we tell everyone: Titles, tags, descriptions. Describe the design in detail, and don't neglect details. If your description is too generic, chances are your tags will be, too - and that will hinder your ability to be found.

I think you have to try. Then try again. Try different things. And learn, learn, learn.

I'm an odd case, because I didn't have any particular goals, outside of seeing if anyone would pay for my works. Mission accomplished, what's next? What I learned was something more about myself - that marketing is definitely just not my thing. So I revised my expectations, and tried to figure out what I want from the experience of 'Zazzling'.

It may be cliche, but I think a lot of the answers that people seek are ultimately about something else. What's behind "how much will I make?" For some it's about the money, but for others it's about validation, maybe for some it's about trying to connect ourselves, through our work, with others - even if that connection is just through the act of appreciating our work enough to buy it.

Don't get me wrong - I like to make money. I just see it as something more than that. And maybe that's why not selling can be a bit painful, can feel like rejection.

I think you'll do well, if you develop realistic goals, and figure out how to tackle the work that stands between you and their achievement.
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:36:06 AM
Future_Designs wrote:
I earned $ 2.81in last 3 years.Stick out tongue

One way you can increase your store sales is by being more descriptive in your title, description and tags. This is something I had to learn in order to increase my sales.

For example your tote bag below is a beautiful design, however your title, description and tags do not describe how it looks. This will make your tote bag very hard to find in the Zazzle marketplace or by the search engines. This is your tote bag: https://www.zazzle.com/bag_design-149182417766502729 And this is how you can edit your title, description and tags in order to pull in more customers

Title: "Beautiful Tropical Palm Trees"
Description: "This tote bag features a lovely photo of beautiful tropical palm trees. Great for the beach, picnic, or outing with your family. Design yours today!"
Tags: "palm trees" "palm tree photo" "palm tree picture" "beautiful palm trees" "beautiful green palm trees" "green palm trees" "tropical palm trees" "tropical designs" "tropical designs with palm trees" "palm tree designs" You have to make sure all of your products are described thoroughly in order to gain more sales.
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 7:58:46 PM
I earned $76 since I started 3 months ago. Most of my sales have been through Instagram. most of my views have been through pinterest.
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2018 9:53:34 AM
I opened my Zazzle store March first , I have currently some items posted and can't sell nothing. Moreover I get so few views, that my most viewed item has only 5 or 6 views. My products have big difficulty in getting viewed. I try to tag and name items the proper way. I'm also promoting my stuff on Pinterest: my audience seems to increase on that website, but I found out almost none of my followers get to my Zazzle page from Pinterest. Ok I'm a beginner, nevertheless in my opinion some products of mine are pretty interesting: mobile devices covers/cases and apparel.Sad I think maybe someone can suggest me my problem on my produts need your feeback

https://www.zazzle.com/gps_apparel
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 2:48:59 AM
Pawbaby wrote:
I earned $76 since I started 3 months ago. Most of my sales have been through Instagram. most of my views have been through pinterest.

its great to here with 3 months you got 76$ and how many product you have in your store? and how your making 44 product in colection because i have only 4 or 5 products in one collection because am creating one by one
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 8:47:42 AM
M. wrote:
I've been here 9 months, have < 4K products and make $20-$50 per month. My goal is to reach such a monthly income here that I'm no longer comfortable discussing it in forums Grin

You got really neat and nice store ,and i dont know why you earn less , you should earn more than this
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 2:27:51 PM
Uvais Kp wrote:
I opened my Zazzle store March first , I have currently some items posted and can't sell nothing. Moreover I get so few views, that my most viewed item has only 5 or 6 views. My products have big difficulty in getting viewed. I try to tag and name items the proper way. I'm also promoting my stuff on Pinterest: my audience seems to increase on that website, but I found out almost none of my followers get to my Zazzle page from Pinterest. Ok I'm a beginner, nevertheless in my opinion some products of mine are pretty interesting: mobile devices covers/cases and apparel.Sad I think maybe someone can suggest me my problem on my produts need your feeback

This did not work for you. I'm pointing to this shirt, in particular. https://www.zazzle.com/motivational_tshirt-235061230393928009

" About This Design

Motivational Tshirt
Enjoy the feel of 100% cotton against your skin. This unisex shirt, by American Apparel, is one of the softest, smoothest shirts we sell. It’s medium weight and made from combed cotton for your added comfort. Select this top-seller for a flattering and stylish fit. Select a design from our marketplace or customize it to make it uniquely yours! "

This has zero to do with the design.

"Tags
T-Shirts
disability,encouragment,best,ability,motivational,inspired,tshirt,inspirational,amazon"

tshirt is a wasted tag, amazon has zero to do with your design, your shirt, what it portrays, or where it comes from.

Oh, and MARCH shirts are trademarked, so you might want to visit any with that type of message. And Thug Life is definitely trademarked. These are violations and infractions, that, if are pursued, can cost YOU, the artist, thousands of dollars. So you might want to do a little more research.

There are several tutorials on proper descriptions and tagging. You should look into them. There are a few in the stickied posts at the beginning of some of the forums.
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:33:43 AM
RGebbiePhoto wrote:
Uvais Kp wrote:

This did not work for you. I'm pointing to this shirt, in particular. https://www.zazzle.com/motivational_tshirt-235061230393928009

" About This Design

Motivational Tshirt
Enjoy the feel of 100% cotton against your skin. This unisex shirt, by American Apparel, is one of the softest, smoothest shirts we sell. It’s medium weight and made from combed cotton for your added comfort. Select this top-seller for a flattering and stylish fit. Select a design from our marketplace or customize it to make it uniquely yours! "

This has zero to do with the design.

"Tags
T-Shirts
disability,encouragment,best,ability,motivational,inspired,tshirt,inspirational,amazon"

tshirt is a wasted tag, amazon has zero to do with your design, your shirt, what it portrays, or where it comes from.

Oh, and MARCH shirts are trademarked, so you might want to visit any with that type of message. And Thug Life is definitely trademarked. These are violations and infractions, that, if are pursued, can cost YOU, the artist, thousands of dollars. So you might want to do a little more research.

There are several tutorials on proper descriptions and tagging. You should look into them. There are a few in the stickied posts at the beginning of some of the forums.

thank for your comment , actually dis-ability t-shirt is my first product so i just posted for a try and march for lives i thought its not trademark , actually i use that word but its different font and alignment , yes your right am little bit confused about the description and tagging also
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:43:30 AM
and motivational t shirt is my largest view compared to other products
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 6:20:50 AM

I joined Zazzle 3 days ago and still waiting for my first sale.
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 6:43:37 AM
Andrew Michael wrote:

Three days and you are still waiting? Shocked
It's rare for a designer to have a sale before having been here at least a month (maybe even longer).
Time now to learn patience. It's needed in the POD world.
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 7:33:03 AM
Andrew Michael wrote:

Welcome aboard Andrew! I joined Zazzle on Jan. 10 and made my first sales Feb. 5 (a couple Valentine's Day cards, a mousepad and two kitchen towels) with about 50 products or so. It takes time. Good luck to you!
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2018 12:08:29 PM
GrafixMom wrote:
Andrew Michael wrote:

Welcome aboard Andrew! I joined Zazzle on Jan. 10 and made my first sales Feb. 5 (a couple Valentine's Day cards, a mousepad and two kitchen towels) with about 50 products or so. It takes time. Good luck to you!

Thanks. Small milestone for me today, just added my 100th product. Its slow going at the beginning. 30,000 more to go and I too could earn 30 dollars per month Smile
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 8:46:59 AM
Andrew Michael wrote:
GrafixMom wrote:
Andrew Michael wrote:

Thanks. Small milestone for me today, just added my 100th product. Its slow going at the beginning. 30,000 more to go and I too could earn 30 dollars per month Smile

Hi , I am also newbie i am just added my 150th product today
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 11:09:54 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
I'm at -2.10 for this month, thanks to a canceled order.

Join Zazzle! Lose money! Laughing

Seriously, hope things pick up for you!

Let's just say I've become very philosophical about my sales, or the lack thereof. Happy

I should work on improving my site (bigger images, some reorganization). Too many ideas, never enough time.

Your store already looks professional. Have you made any sales yet?
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 1:09:01 PM
Uvais Kp wrote:
Andrew Michael wrote:
GrafixMom wrote:
Andrew Michael wrote:

Before you get too deep into product creation, take some time to learn how to describe and tag your images.

Your "Explore the world" mentions biking and bike rides, but there is no bike trail nor a bicycle in the image.
Your invitation is pretty, but none of the text is template, so it may be passed by for one that is more user friendly.
So, stop where you are, and learn a little more, clean up the stuff you currently have, and then keep running.
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 2:26:15 PM
I love posts like this because newcomers can learn a lot from the feedback given by more experienced designers and I hope it gives some of the newer designers some perspective on what to expect or how to gauge what you hope to achieve.

For me: having started about 9 years ago here I did not make much to write home about when I first started. Although I did make my first sale pretty quickly it was an anomaly as it turned out and it took me a good year to a year and a half till I was making enough to start paying a few bills. And there were times I thought to myself: geez I can flip hamburgers and do better than this.

But... things started to really get better and I was earning a living. Not a big living but big enough for my needs. Along the way there were so many ups and downs but staying with it and believing in the possibilities was what kept me motivated.

As for your specific question: I think few if any are going to be specific about how much they earn here so don't expect too many to come forth with that information. After all, this is a business for many and nobody like to tip their competitors.

I wish you all enormous success
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 12:53:16 AM
RGebbiePhoto wrote:
Uvais Kp wrote:
Andrew Michael wrote:
GrafixMom wrote:
Andrew Michael wrote:

Before you get too deep into product creation, take some time to learn how to describe and tag your images.

Your "Explore the world" mentions biking and bike rides, but there is no bike trail nor a bicycle in the image.
Your invitation is pretty, but none of the text is template, so it may be passed by for one that is more user friendly.
So, stop where you are, and learn a little more, clean up the stuff you currently have, and then keep running.

Thanks for your feedback and i am just clean up my store little bit, and i include the tag for the bikers because in my view bikers or riders are really explore the world maybe go for a trip like that
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 7:55:52 AM
Andrew Michael wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
I'm at -2.10 for this month, thanks to a canceled order.

Join Zazzle! Lose money! Laughing

Seriously, hope things pick up for you!

Let's just say I've become very philosophical about my sales, or the lack thereof. Happy

I should work on improving my site (bigger images, some reorganization). Too many ideas, never enough time.

Your store already looks professional. Have you made any sales yet?

Me? Yes, but don't look to me as an example of how to be successful here. I get maybe a couple of sales a month, and I sometimes have months where I don't sell anything at all.

The last new design I sold was something I created in Spring 2016, which didn't sell until Fall 2017. Update: I just sold a new design on an item published on 3/10/2018! Maybe there's a glimmer of hope after all. That said:

For the most part, only my older designs sell, and not very often. This has never been a profitable venture for me, and I seriously doubt it ever will be.
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 5:03:16 AM
Chet Dembeck wrote:

1. Very few designers are making $100 a month or more. Just check out how long it takes members to move to different levels such as Pro by viewing their level and how long they've been posting here.

That isn't a very good indicator. Many of us do not share our levels. I do not share mine. So I have a standard Pro badge. Being any certain level of Pro and amount of time posting in the forums do not go hand in hand.
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 5:19:47 AM
Chet Dembeck wrote:
Then how many designers are making $100 a month or more. Based on the lack of buzz, people talk a lot when money is being made, the lack of courses and the negative posts from many, I conclude few are making more than $100 a month.

How many do you think are making that or more?

I'd say about 5% of those posting make a decent amount of income based on my experience in growing and dying online markets.

Also: Why don't you share your level? Just curious.

One obvious reason is that you don't want people to look at your store and try to imitate you. That would make sense. But why don't you and others share your levels. Seems a little clandestine. Just me.

I don't know how many are making that or more. It isn't my concern. It has no bearing on me.
I wouldn't go into any workplace and ask what others make, so why do it here? That just isn't anyone else's business.

Why don't I share? It's simple. My level + My earnings = My business.
No reason to speculate or try to analyze. Just accept it that some folks prefer privacy.
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 5:42:19 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Chet Dembeck wrote:
But why don't you and others share your levels. Seems a little clandestine. Just me.

My level + My earnings = My business.

Those of us being over a certain age were (rightly) taught that you never ask anyone how much money they earn because to do so is exceedingly rude.
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 7:33:06 AM
While I appreciate those who answer the opening question I still find it extremely rude. Not to mention it is totally irrelevant considering that each designer has their own story and circumstances and how much they earn has nothing to do with how much you might earn, why ask then in the first place? If just out of curiosity then it's even more rude.
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 3:07:25 PM
nate5050 wrote:
I'm curious how much everyone is making here. If you don't feel comfortable answering then no big deal, if you do then great Grin

Please provide your estimated monthly earnings and how many products you have.

I make around $30-$50 per month on about 30,000 products. However last month I made about $450 due to one huge order.

How many unique designs do you have?
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 11:00:30 PM
RGebbiePhoto wrote:
Nate, I had a look at your store, and it was real obvious to me why you only sell $50 a month.

I'm willing to bet if you sort your products by number of views, you'll only have to go about five pages deep before you get to one or zero views, right?

You cannot sell a flower image with just the word "flower" as the title, description and keyword. If you spend some time working on your keywords and descriptions, instead of pumping out product, you might see more results from your effort.

I'm just sayin'. Because I was making a steady $50 a month every month at about 4,000 products. I'm sitting at about 20Kish products now, and am pretty happy with my efforts.

which are the products you sold more?
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 3:02:04 AM
Uvais Kp wrote:
RGebbiePhoto wrote:
Nate, I had a look at your store, and it was real obvious to me why you only sell $50 a month.

I'm willing to bet if you sort your products by number of views, you'll only have to go about five pages deep before you get to one or zero views, right?

You cannot sell a flower image with just the word "flower" as the title, description and keyword. If you spend some time working on your keywords and descriptions, instead of pumping out product, you might see more results from your effort.

I'm just sayin'. Because I was making a steady $50 a month every month at about 4,000 products. I'm sitting at about 20Kish products now, and am pretty happy with my efforts.

Let's say she told you she sold more posters than anything else. Thinking this might be a good thing for you to make too so you can match her success, you go into production on them. Will you suddenly start selling posters? Not necessarily. It's not the product; it's the design, and it's not just the design, but it's getting the right potential customers seeing that design via title, tag, description, and promotion.

If you focus on the product, not the art, you're focusing on the wrong thing.

Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 6:31:52 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Uvais Kp wrote:
RGebbiePhoto wrote:

Let's say she told you she sold more posters than anything else. Thinking this might be a good thing for you to make too so you can match her success, you go into production on them. Will you suddenly start selling posters? Not necessarily. It's not the product; it's the design, and it's not just the design, but it's getting the right potential customers seeing that design via title, tag, description, and promotion.

If you focus on the product, not the art, you're focusing on the wrong thing.

Yes the design is critical but the product is also very important. If you're adding designs to products that have a very small market you will obviously sell far less than for products that are in big demand.

Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 6:38:59 AM
Andrew Michael wrote:
Yes the design is critical but the product is also very important. If you're adding designs to products that have a very small market you will obviously sell far less than for products that are in big demand.

Not necessarily. Big demand almost always means big competition.
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 7:09:04 AM
WittyBetty wrote:
Andrew Michael wrote:

And often low price, which translates into low royalties.
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 8:51:27 AM
WittyBetty wrote:

Not to mention the fact that if the product isn't in high demand, people looking for that product struggle to find it... so once they do, they'll be more willing to (1) pay more money and/or (2) purchase multiples or be repeat buyers... at least that's what I would think...