How is a Collection is Chosen for single product page?
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2018 8:26:24 PM
If I place my business card into a business card collection 1st...
and then a theme collection 2nd

...and let's say a 3rd other theme collection...

Which one is chosen to be displayed under a product?

I would love my Business Card collection to be shown on a business card product page..instead of the less nichey theme collection.

I think the product category should be the collection selected to be displayed. If a person wants a business card with a tree on it, then they should be presented with a business card collection...right? rather than a tree collection.
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:00:33 AM
I've had the same question. For instance, I have a label for a beer bottle that's in a collection exclusively for the specific artwork, and then it's also in a more general collection for beer. The latter shows beneath the product, but it should really be the first collection, the one devoted to the design. Yes, there's "Next Collection" that can be clicked on, but I wonder just how often a customer even notices it, and then actually clicks on it.
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 4:39:27 AM
Colorwash wrote:
I've had the same question. For instance, I have a label for a beer bottle that's in a collection exclusively for the specific artwork, and then it's also in a more general collection for beer. The latter shows beneath the product, but it should really be the first collection, the one devoted to the design. Yes, there's "Next Collection" that can be clicked on, but I wonder just how often a customer even notices it, and then actually clicks on it.

It would be great someday to give us the choice.

For me...if there is a business card sale and someone is looking at one of them, I want them to see my other business card designs.
I cannot be certain how a shopper thinks. When I shop, I shop looking for a product..and then..I want to see the various looks the product can have.

It would be great if we had a choice. I tried to choose my most important collection first...like my cards...and then 2nd I will choose a design collection.

I can't find a pattern as to how it works. And..my messing around experimenting, in hind site, was a dumb idea during a sale because now, my collections don't show up at all until re-indexed,,, I guess?
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 4:52:11 AM
From the sticky thread about collections posted by Christine in the store forum:
Quote:
Q: If a designer has their product in more than 1 collection, how is the order of those collections determined?

A: On the product pages, we can show up to three of your collections. The order is determined by an algorithm that ranks the collections by how related they are to the primary product on that page, as well as to the popularity of the design.
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:04:51 AM
Maz wrote:
From the sticky thread about collections posted by Christine in the store forum:
Quote:
Q: If a designer has their product in more than 1 collection, how is the order of those collections determined?

A: On the product pages, we can show up to three of your collections. The order is determined by an algorithm that ranks the collections by how related they are to the primary product on that page, as well as to the popularity of the design.

Given that I've yet to sell any of the specific design, it sees the more general collection as being "more important" because it's had product sales. Thus I have to figure out what it is that I want: to push the specific design and, therefore, delete anything of that design from the other collection, or do I focus on sales. It's a decision I think I'll not bother making.
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 4:21:54 PM
Colorwash wrote:
Maz wrote:
Quote:

Given that I've yet to sell any of the specific design, it sees the more general collection as being "more important" because it's had product sales. Thus I have to figure out what it is that I want: to push the specific design and, therefore, delete anything of that design from the other collection, or do I focus on sales. It's a decision I think I'll not bother making.

Yes...I did just that Colorwash...and now my business cards have only other designers products being shown..no collection of mine is present..until I get re-indexed again. Bad move on my part. So...I put them all back into the collection I removed them from. I guess this is one you leave to fate.
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:22:07 PM
I just made an observation...at least in my store.

The collection of mine which is shown is not a same product collection.
If someone is looking at my floral coffee mug...they get shown floral pillows and t-shirts and stickers.Sad

The product stream below mine...that of other designers is all mugs...and probably the top selling mugs to boot.

I wish zazzle admin could let it be the opposite. If it is a mug that I am selling on that page, I would love to show the customer other mugs of mine. As a shopper...if I am looking for mugs...then mugs are what I want to be shown...not leggings.
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:42:53 PM
AnnaRosaEnergyArtist wrote:

I wish zazzle admin could let it be the opposite. If it is a mug that I am selling on that page, I would love to show the customer other mugs of mine. As a shopper...if I am looking for mugs...then mugs are what I want to be shown...not leggings.

The product pages really aren't ours. They are an extension of the MP. That was told to us many moons ago. So Zazzle has the choice of what is shown on product pages, below our own products, even if there is no relation. At least Zazzle has now given us ways to (hopefully) have other products of our own to appear there.
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:48:15 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:

The product pages really aren't ours. They are an extension of the MP. That was told to us many moons ago. So Zazzle has the choice of what is shown on product pages, below our own products, even if there is no relation. At least Zazzle has now given us ways to (hopefully) have other products of our own to appear there.

No...the whole site is not ours.

I can still wish it was our same products though that are offered up.
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 7:41:37 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:

No...the whole site is not ours.

I can still wish it was our same products though that are offered up.

But we are at least able to call our storefront ours. and have it look as we wish, within limitations, but still with some sort of control.