How do you get your first views on your store?
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 7:07:17 AM
Hello,

Just put up my store a few hours ago. I was hoping to at least get 1 or 2 views on my products, but when I clicked "Products", everything I posted says 0 views.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss a step to get my work in the search engine? Thank you.

https://www.zazzle.com/plush_photo/products?pg=1

Scott C. Johnson
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 7:57:14 AM
The view counts seem to update only once every 3 days. So if you have views you won't know till then.
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 7:59:53 AM
Ok, thanks!
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 8:30:13 AM
Are you posting your links outside of Zazzle? You can't just rely on views coming in from the MP.
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 10:02:12 AM
Not yet. I really don't know where to post my links. I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, so I don't know where to post them.
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 11:59:19 AM
Scott C. Johnson wrote:
Not yet. I really don't know where to post my links. I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, so I don't know where to post them.

if you are on Google plus or Pinterest you can post them there or if you have a blog you can post them there.
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 12:21:13 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Scott C. Johnson wrote:

if you are on Google plus or Pinterest you can post them there or if you have a blog you can post them there.

I thought G+ is being done away with?

OP. a blog/personal website is something to consider for sharing products.
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 12:27:44 PM
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Scott C. Johnson wrote:

I thought G+ is being done away with?

OP. a blog/personal website is something to consider for sharing products.

It is but not until next year sometime, so in the mean time you can still promote there.

I also thought I read that they might replace it with something... but can't remember the source or whether they were reliable.
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 12:35:04 PM
Scott C. Johnson wrote:
Hello,

Just put up my store a few hours ago. I was hoping to at least get 1 or 2 views on my products, but when I clicked "Products", everything I posted says 0 views.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss a step to get my work in the search engine? Thank you.

https://www.zazzle.com/plush_photo/products?pg=1

Scott C. Johnson

You can find tips and people who may promote/advertise for you in the Affiliating theory, advice and generating traffic section.

You can also give people business cards with your store's information.
I give mine out at gatherings when I'm talking to someone about jobs/careers, I leave them in local places like the public library, doctors' offices, college campuses, community centers, etc. Many of these places have cork boards for you to pin your cards to. Some places may require permission, so check into that.

I've also worn my own shirts that I designed, carried my own tote bag and given greeting cards and had people ask where I got the items. I tell them from my own Zazzle store.

Since you don't use Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, if you have friends or family that do, you can ask if they'd post links on their pages.
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:36:24 AM
It's not going to be that easy. You've got a few products in a sea of millions of products. Prepare to put some effort in.