Can't Complete Profile - Customise a Product
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 4:29:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting so forgive me if it's in the wrong place.

I can't complete the "Customise a Product" task to complete my profile. I have created a customisable product and posted it for sale and I have also customised one of my own products and posted that for sale, but nothing is registering to complete the task.

I have spoken to someone via the Zazzle Chat and they said that profiles were only updated monthly, but I created my first customisable product in August and it still isn't showing as completed.

Where am I going wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 5:58:21 AM
Customizing a product and making a customizable product are not the same thing. You need to go to one of your products that is already posted in your store. Click on the customize button, change the image, and post it for sale.
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 6:42:01 AM
Thank you for replying. I will try that and see what happens. Does it have to be an image that I need to change? I have already customised a card that I already had for sale, but I only added text, I didn't change the image.
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 7:40:03 AM
I've always been puzzled by the customizing requirement for completing the store. There's no added value in it.
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 7:53:47 AM
I've always just picked a product from the MP, customized it, and then let it go into my Saved folder. It counted for me.

Colorwash wrote:
I've always been puzzled by the customizing requirement for completing the store. There's no added value in it.

I've kind of looked at it as a test of sorts, a lesson to learn of how to do things, or to see how it is for a customer to customize something.
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 8:26:32 AM
Thank you for all the replies.

I have picked a product from the market place, customised it and left it in my saved folder. (I did this last week I think.) I have just now picked another of my own products, clicked on the customise button, completely changed the image and posted it for sale. I will wait and see if that does it.

I don't know if this is relevant, but when I click on the "Customise a product" link, it takes me to Zazzle Create. I have even customised a product from the create page to see if that made a difference - it didn't.
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 8:45:37 AM
Amber Photos wrote:

I don't know if this is relevant, but when I click on the "Customise a product" link, it takes me to Zazzle Create. I have even customised a product from the create page to see if that made a difference - it didn't.

I wouldn't click any of the links to perform the task. I would just look at what needs to be done and do it. Use an already published product to get the "Customize a Product" task completed.
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 9:11:42 AM
Thanks for helping out everyone. As this doesn't seem to be a tech issue right now, let's move it to new to Z. Happy Zazzling Amber photos! Roses
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 9:38:14 AM
Sorry for posting in the wrong place!

I have customised another one of my own products so hopefully that will sort it.

Thanks for all the help Roses
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 10:10:53 AM
Amber Photos wrote:
Sorry for posting in the wrong place!

I have customised another one of my own products so hopefully that will sort it.

Thanks for all the help Roses

Just give it time to kick in. Most things around here have to be indexed, and that only happens once a day. Zazzle is a POD. While POD means Print On Demand I choose to see it as meaning Patience On Demand.
Posted: Monday, October 07, 2019 1:04:44 AM
It still isn't completed. I guess I'll just have to live with 90% completion. Don't know what else to try.